2021/22 NY Rangers thread

EM31

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

This is how they have played all year. Watch them night in and night out and it’s like they didn’t play a great 60 but found a way to win. 

With the exception of the GWG in game 6, Penguins got good goaltending all series 

I watched almost every game this year. They were not this bad defensively. For much of the series they looked like the David Quinn Rangers. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They stepped up but Igor absolutely was awesome tonight. He played great and kept us in it.

@Anthony Jet @Just End The Suffering

No doubt about it, he played very good, but no way he put us on his back. He stopped 45 of 48, but we were down a goal with 5 minutes left, then the stars stepped up.

Amazing how the Pens had us down 3 games to 1, and on the brink down two goals in game 5&6, then had the lead late tonight once again, and couldn’t close the deal.

Damn, I’m pumped right now!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The guts of this team cannot be questioned.

Down 2-0 in game 5 win

Down 2-0 in game 6 win

Down 3-2 in game 7 win.

This young group got about 5 years of playoff experience in one series. I don't know if they will beat the Canes but it would not surprise me if the did.

I am also gonna give some credit to my home Brad Richards jersey which is now 4-0 in the playoffs :)

Wear it until we lose.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kind of actually very surprised the Rs came from behind in a series trailing 3 games to 1 against a good Pens team but happy which is usually not the case in my career as a sports fan and you know who I’m talking about. ?

Rangers came back from 3-1 against Pittsburgh and Washington in back to back years. 2014, 2015.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

I watched almost every game this year. They were not this bad defensively. For much of the series they looked like the David Quinn Rangers. 

I'm looking back at this series and still wondering how we won it.  Igor had great moments but also got pulled twice and had some shaky moments in Pittsburgh.  Panarin wasn't himself for most of the series.  It didn't feel like Fox was even his usual self.  Mika had a great end to the series but some very tough times before that. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Out of context... not sure I get it. Was Fat Man saying he thought the Penguins had our number or was he being sincere????

He sent that after we lost game 4 by a score of 7-2 and went down 3-1 in the series.  

• Haha 1

Canes will be tough.  They score in bunches so we cannot be giving the lead up the way we seemed to do all series with the Penguins.  if we do we may never get it back again.

Still, we are basically talking about house money at this point.

• Upvote 1