Jump to content

2021/22 NY Rangers thread


EM31
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Also they wear Whalers jerseys as if they've been following the team since Hartford. Get lost.

I don't hate the Canes fan base but the Whalers stuff is cringe. Agreed. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Left the building with 15 minutes to go in a game 7. 

I didn't pay attention to how many fans were still in the building at the end, but I think a bulk of every fanbase is going to do that, especially when you consider traffic, potential travel time, and the score.

I have no allusions that my fellow caniacs are any better or more honorable than any other fanbase. Like any selected group of people, I'm sure a lot of them are sh*theads, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I don't hate the Canes fan base but the Whalers stuff is cringe. Agreed. 

Personally, I think the Whalers stuff is kinda cool. It's part of the history of the team. I have a Hartford Whalers pennant and a New England Whalers T-shirt. I also got a Titans of New York hat.

But don't blame the fans for that. Blame Tom Dundon, the owner. Dude knows how to market the sh*t out of every aspect of the team, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ESPN, cuts away from handshake line right before ADA and Geogiv meet? Me personally, if I’m producing I don’t cut away from handshake line the whole time. But especially when there are 5 guys who played for the other team where 1 of them was the agitator of the series

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

ESPN, cuts away from handshake line right before ADA and Geogiv meet? Me personally, if I’m producing I don’t cut away from handshake line the whole time. But especially when there are 5 guys who played for the other team where 1 of them was the agitator of the series

I don't think the showed Fast even once.

At least we got to see Smith shake a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

I don't think the showed Fast even once.

At least we got to see Smith shake a few.

Terrible production all the way around. And I’m not one of these guys that just hates on all broadcasts. I think at one point when The ranger faithful were booing TDA, Ferraro was like the crowd is getting anxious, as in the hurricane fans were booing there own team. They had no feel for what was going on in the game. Which is crazy considering they called all 7

Never showed important highlights. Carolina crowd was in an uproar over someone landing on Ranta then 15 seconds later Ranta is hurt. Totally ignored it. Didn’t even explain why the crowd was mad, not sure they knew why the crowd was mad.  But hey, At least we got some nice fluff pieces. 
 

Playoff hockey is unlike any other sport. It’s constant action. There is almost no time for fluff pieces and bench interviews. Unfortunately espn has no idea how to promote the sport 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Terrible production all the way around. And I’m not one of these guys that just hates on all broadcasts. I think at one point when The ranger faithful were booing TDA, Ferraro was like the crowd is getting anxious, as in the hurricane fans were booing there own team. They had no feel for what was going on in the game. Which is crazy considering they called all 7

Never showed important highlights. Carolina crowd was in an uproar over someone landing on Ranta then 15 seconds later Ranta is hurt. Totally ignored it. Didn’t even explain why the crowd was mad, not sure they knew why the crowd was mad.  But hey, At least we got some nice fluff pieces. 
 

Playoff hockey is unlike any other sport. It’s constant action. There is almost no time for fluff pieces and bench interviews. Unfortunately espn has no idea how to promote the sport 

Totally agree 100% espn is a joke.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though Rangers went 3-0 against TB, we are the heavy underdog according to the so-called experts.

Eastern Conference finals

New York Rangers (8 votes) vs. Tampa Bay (20 votes)

Sean Allen: Lightning in six
Blake Bolden: Lightning in six
Brian Boucher: Lightning in seven
John Buccigross: Lightning in seven
Ryan Callahan: Lightning in seven
Cassie Campbell-Pascall:Lightning in five
Sachin Chandan: Lightning in seven
Chris Chelios: Lightning
Linda Cohn: Rangers in seven
Rick DiPietro: Lightning in six
Ray Ferraro: Lightning in five
Leah Hextall: Lightning in six
Emily Kaplan: Lightning in seven
Tim Kavanagh: Lightning in six
Hilary Knight: Lightning in six
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Rangers in six
Steve Levy: Rangers in seven
Victoria Matiash: Lightning in six
Sean McDonough: Lightning in six
Mark Messier: Rangers in seven
AJ Mleczko: Lightning in six
Dominic Moore: Rangers in six
Arda Öcal: Lightning in six
Kristen Shilton: Lightning in six
John Tortorella: Rangers in seven
Kevin Weekes: Rangers in seven
Bob Wischusen: Lightning in six
Greg Wyshynski: Rangers in seven

Consensus pick: Lightning, 20/28

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Even though Rangers went 3-0 against TB, we are the heavy underdog according to the so-called experts.

Eastern Conference finals

New York Rangers (8 votes) vs. Tampa Bay (20 votes)

Sean Allen: Lightning in six
Blake Bolden: Lightning in six
Brian Boucher: Lightning in seven
John Buccigross: Lightning in seven
Ryan Callahan: Lightning in seven
Cassie Campbell-Pascall:Lightning in five
Sachin Chandan: Lightning in seven
Chris Chelios: Lightning
Linda Cohn: Rangers in seven
Rick DiPietro: Lightning in six
Ray Ferraro: Lightning in five
Leah Hextall: Lightning in six
Emily Kaplan: Lightning in seven
Tim Kavanagh: Lightning in six
Hilary Knight: Lightning in six
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Rangers in six
Steve Levy: Rangers in seven
Victoria Matiash: Lightning in six
Sean McDonough: Lightning in six
Mark Messier: Rangers in seven
AJ Mleczko: Lightning in six
Dominic Moore: Rangers in six
Arda Öcal: Lightning in six
Kristen Shilton: Lightning in six
John Tortorella: Rangers in seven
Kevin Weekes: Rangers in seven
Bob Wischusen: Lightning in six
Greg Wyshynski: Rangers in seven

Consensus pick: Lightning, 20/28

I'll take the people who picked us over the others all day.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The longer the series go the more I like Rangers. They have been able to adjust game to game. Figuring out how to defend Pittsburgh and then figuring out how to handle Carolina’s forecheck and penalty kill.

Regular season means nothing when it comes to Tampa Bay.
 

Tampa is a seasoned team with ALOT of rings and they will be looking to end this as soon as possible. I think they are in for a war. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All they need to do is hold home ice advantage. It would be nice if they stole one in Tampa Bay to take the pressure off. I’m so glad we picked up Goodrow. He will be able to give insight on theTampa Bay play and how best to defend them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Even though Rangers went 3-0 against TB, we are the heavy underdog according to the so-called experts.

Eastern Conference finals

New York Rangers (8 votes) vs. Tampa Bay (20 votes)

Sean Allen: Lightning in six
Blake Bolden: Lightning in six
Brian Boucher: Lightning in seven
John Buccigross: Lightning in seven
Ryan Callahan: Lightning in seven
Cassie Campbell-Pascall:Lightning in five
Sachin Chandan: Lightning in seven
Chris Chelios: Lightning
Linda Cohn: Rangers in seven
Rick DiPietro: Lightning in six
Ray Ferraro: Lightning in five
Leah Hextall: Lightning in six
Emily Kaplan: Lightning in seven
Tim Kavanagh: Lightning in six
Hilary Knight: Lightning in six
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Rangers in six
Steve Levy: Rangers in seven
Victoria Matiash: Lightning in six
Sean McDonough: Lightning in six
Mark Messier: Rangers in seven
AJ Mleczko: Lightning in six
Dominic Moore: Rangers in six
Arda Öcal: Lightning in six
Kristen Shilton: Lightning in six
John Tortorella: Rangers in seven
Kevin Weekes: Rangers in seven
Bob Wischusen: Lightning in six
Greg Wyshynski: Rangers in seven

Consensus pick: Lightning, 20/28

The captain AND torts, minkya. What else do we need 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good first period. Might sound weird but I'd rather be tied at 1-1 than 0-0. I'd have to look at the numbers but I wanna say Rangers are Nervous Nellie's in the 2nd period. Can't do that here. Play simple NA hockey. Puck on net, finish checks, clear the crease. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...