2021/22 NY Rangers thread

EM31

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Rangers didn't feel like playing hockey tonight I guess. Chytil injury could be a big problem moving forward and Panarin refuses to adjust his game which has been mostly ineffective all playoffs long.

Gallant sucks. I said it. It's Team Shesterkin. Dude never adjusts. Panarin should have been benched a few times in these playoffs. 

Get all the anger out today boys. 

We all knew Tampa was not going to roll over and hand it to the Rangers. They adjusted, now the Rangers have to adjust back for game 5. 

Every challenge presented to them this year they have answered. Down 3-2 to sh*ttsburgh  they win games 6 and 7. Down 3-2 to Carolina come back win game 6 and then game 7 in Carolina where the Canes had not lost this post season.

Tampa still has to win a game at MSG. Can they ? Of course they can. Can the Rangers win a game 6 in Tampa down 3-2. Based on what they have shown so far yes. 

Enjoy the ride boys. Alot of hockey still to play

• Upvote 2

Just now, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

Playing back to back games down a man on the road takes it's toll.

They should bounce back at the Garden at full strength.

Sure but not skating as hard as they can, blind BS passes that only result in turnovers...ugh. They looked horrible. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Ryan Callahan made a good point last night. Said Rangers are tired from two back to back 7 game series. Just don’t have the jump left. Likened it to the 2012 series vs  Devils when they had back to back 7 gamers vs Ottawa and Csps.

We had only 1 day off (while Tampa had 9 days off) between that grueling Carolina series and this one.  Certainly Tampa earned it by sweeping Florida but I do think teams should get 2 days off between series.

And, to be fair, having 1 extra day off between series might not have made the difference.  But I do think this team is exhausted.  Let's see if they can summon up the energy to win on the road in game 6.  I'm not optimistic about that but you never know.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We had only 1 day off (while Tampa had 9 days off) between that grueling Carolina series and this one.  Certainly Tampa earned it by sweeping Florida but I do think teams should get 2 days off between series.

And, to be fair, having 1 extra day off between series might not have made the difference.  But I do think this team is exhausted.  Let's see if they can summon up the energy to win on the road in game 6.  I'm not optimistic about that but you never know.

This Ranger team is tough as nails. They will bring everything they have in them tomorrow. Tampa is just a different animal. This Ranger team is so young, win or loose this series they will be so much better going forward. I’m a die hard Devils fan, and had season tix from 1987-88 till 2004. I saw us win 2 Cups in person, but that great team was born when they lost that great 94 series to the Rangers. The Rangers showed them what you have to do to win, and it carried forth. There is a lot to be said for the theory that you have to lose to learn how to win.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

This Ranger team is tough as nails. They will bring everything they have in them tomorrow. Tampa is just a different animal. This Ranger team is so young, win or loose this series they will be so much better going forward. I’m a die hard Devils fan, and had season tix from 1987-88 till 2004. I saw us win 2 Cups in person, but that great team was born when they lost that great 94 series to the Rangers. The Rangers showed them what you have to do to win, and it carried forth. There is a lot to be said for the theory that you have to lose to learn how to win.

Good post!  I agree there's something to be said for the "you have to lose to learn how to win" theory but it's tough to get as far as they have so I really want to see them try to pull this off, despite the overwhelming hurdles they face in this series.  Even if they somehow manage to win this series, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to beat Colorado (and they're going to be very well rested).

Congrats on seeing 2 cups from your favorite team, btw.  That must've been awesome.  And the Devils seem like they're on their way up again.  Jack Hughes seems like a terrific kid and you guys also drafted his brother.

• Upvote 1

1 game at a time.

If they win today, they play game 7 at home.

Can't ask for much more than that, and nobody expected this team to be 2 wins away from the finals this soon.

The kids went from experiencing their first playoff game to 2 maybe 3 game 7s in one year. They already won 5 elimination games.

That type of seasoning should go a long way in their young careers.

That being said, nobody is promised tomorrow, hoping they get it done today.

Let's Go Rangers!

• Sympathy 1

On 6/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good post!  I agree there's something to be said for the "you have to lose to learn how to win" theory but it's tough to get as far as they have so I really want to see them try to pull this off, despite the overwhelming hurdles they face in this series.  Even if they somehow manage to win this series, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to beat Colorado (and they're going to be very well rested).

Congrats on seeing 2 cups from your favorite team, btw.  That must've been awesome.  And the Devils seem like they're on their way up again.  Jack Hughes seems like a terrific kid and you guys also drafted his brother.

Yes, Devils have some good young talent. Along with Hughes, Hircheir, Bratt, Mercer, Sherengovihch, Severson are good. They have to do what Rangers did and add some size. Also, have to find a true#1 goalie. They drafted a couple the last few years, hopefully one will be the guy.

4 hours ago, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

1 game at a time.

If they win today, they play game 7 at home.

Can't ask for much more than that, and nobody expected this team to be 2 wins away from the finals this soon.

The kids went from experiencing their first playoff game to 2 maybe 3 game 7s in one year. They already won 5 elimination games.

That type of seasoning should go a long way in their young careers.

That being said, nobody is promised tomorrow, hoping they get it done today.

Let's Go Rangers!

You are so right. It’s like Doc Graham said in Field of Dreams…..”I thought there would be another day. Turns out, that was the day.”