2021/22 NY Rangers thread

EM31

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

Looks like the Rangers had a decent draft.

Got 3 picks for Georgie too.

What makes you say that? Are you familiar with the players drafted or just from beat reporters

On 7/12/2022 at 2:20 AM, Jet9 said:

16 players signed, 9F 6D 1G, Kappo is RFA and we have only $10 million 

Miller, Filip and Alexis are RFA next season which has to be accounted for. 

Trouba has a NMC for the next two seasons. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2022 at 8:21 PM, 32EBoozer said:

What makes you say that? Are you familiar with the players drafted or just from beat reporters

Based on rankings they got 2 strong upside picks and good value at the top of the draft.

Went off the board taking some chances in the bottom half.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Vincent Trocheck signed for 7 years, $5.65M per. From looking at his stats alone and not knowing his game, this seem like a terrible signing for a 29 year old. Is the FO banking on the cap raising?

Canes are a very defensive team, he should put up more points on the Rangers, he's going to be centering Panarin. He had a 75 point season for FL and he's a good 2-way player.

5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

BREAKING: The Red Wings have signed C Andrew Copp to a five-year, $5.625M contract.

Copp turned out to be an expensive rental.

• Upvote 1

I usually hate the Trochek signing based on age but I actually don't mind this one. We'll see. The 'I always wanted to play in NY' sh*t is exactly that though. Can't believe FA's in sports still do this unless they are literally from said town. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I usually hate the Trochek signing based on age but I actually don't mind this one. We'll see. The 'I always wanted to play in NY' sh*t is exactly that though. Can't believe FA's in sports still do this unless they are literally from said town. 

Agreed, I don't even think the "playing for an original 6 team" means as much anymore. It's mostly about the money now a days.

• Upvote 2

You really have to like what the Rangers are doing. They emerged from the rebuild, won 2 7 game series and came 2 wins shy of a trip to the finals, in their 1st playoff appearance.

It won't be easy, but with the addition of VinNY this team could definitely take a step forward.

This is a good roster...

Forwards

S. Blais 

J. Brodzinski 

R. Carpenter

F. Chytil 

J. Gauthier 

T. Gettinger (probably gone)

B. Goodrow (A)

D. Hunt 

K. Kakko 

C. Kreider (A)

A. Lafrenière 

A. Panarin (A)

R. Reaves 

V. Trocheck 

M. Zibanejad (A)

Defense

A. Fox 

L. Hajek 

Z. Jones 

R. Lindgren 

N. Lundkvist 

K. Miller 

B. Schneider 

J. Tinordi 

J. Trouba (A)

Goalies

L. Domingue 

J. Halak 

I. Shesterkin 

Plus

We still have Kravtsov and Othmann, and maybe even 1 of the 2 top picks from this year's draft could crack the lineup. (Sykora, McConnell)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Devils salvaged their day with the Palat signing, icelanders still nothing. Maybe they can get Kadri?

As if I need a reason to hate that guy any more than I already do. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

Hopefully they can get the Motte back.

It's strange that he hasn't signed anywhere (afaik).  Makes me hopeful that he and Drury and working on figuring a way for him to come back.   Maybe Drury told him that if he can hang on a bit, he'll do his best to free up some money.  Let's hope so.  Motte was a heck of a bottom 6 guy in the postseason.  OTOH, I think the amount of cap space you have at the start of the season goes up a good deal by the trade deadline so Drury might want flexibility.  We'll see.

• Upvote 1

Forward Kaapo Kakko has signed a two-year contract extension with the New York Rangers. According to The Athletic’s Arthur Staple, Kakko’s contract has an annual average value of $2.1 million.

Kakko, 21, was the Rangers’ second overall pick from the 2019 NHL Entry Draft. Through three seasons with the Rangers, Kakko has 26 goals and 58 points in 157 career regular season games. This past postseason, Kakko scored twice and had five points in 19 playoff games.

• Upvote 1