Jump to content

2021/22 NY Rangers thread


EM31
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Great weekend for the Blushirts. Beat Tampa, and last night was absolute robbery. 
 

Now we sit and wait and see if the Rangers make some moves. 

Completely out played 2nd period on. But that terrible whistle more than likely took another goal off the board. Plus that and really feel they had no business losing to the islanders Friday so kinda evens out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, shawn306 said:

Great weekend for the Blushirts. Beat Tampa, and last night was absolute robbery. 
 

Now we sit and wait and see if the Rangers make some moves. 

Gotta feel good for Georgie here.  He has pretty much been an automatic loss for a while so maybe this helps both himself and the team beyond the improbable win last night.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was crossing my fingers and holding out hope for JT Miller right up until the end but I think his form over the last 3-months ended up pricing him out of anyone's reach.  Personally I was not willing to give up Kravtzov, Schneider and other assets to get him here.  There was no mega-deal to be had and TBH I think it is better for the Rangers to retain their premium prospects rather than trade them for what might be just a rental.  

I am not overly familiar with our acquisitions but the folks on another site seem impressed with the grittiness and playoffs-value of the guys we did get and how little we ended up paying for them.  I liked Barron too but he was going to have a tough time cracking this line up here.  Good luck kid unless you are playing against us.

This is a playoffs training-wheels year for the Rangers and the front office has managed to give us a puncher's chance against the top teams assuming Igor continues stand on his head.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gallant has been outstanding this year in getting the team to bounce back after a loss,  This one was really nice from a number of different angles.  All of the new acquisitions contributed important minutes and we sent a bit of a message to our most likely first round opponent.

No resting on laurels however. We have them again next Tuesday in their building and then for the final meeting just eight days after that back at the Garden.  Odd that the schedule maker made us wait most of the season before we met up for the first time and with all four games packed into a short period.

Looks like Kakko will be healthy enough to play soon which gives Gallant an additional good problem have.  Personally I think the time off will be good for his game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great win last night on top of another great win last Friday against a team they will most likely be facing in the first round. For about 55 minutes last night they basically shut Pittsburgh down.

I am starting to get the feeling that this team is going to make a very deep run in the post season. You have a goalie in Shesterkin who has been playing out of his mind all season. Right now I can't see a team beating him 4 times in a series, and that includes Colorado, Florida, or Tampa.

Kreider is having a career year, Trouba has bee great and it seems like each game they get better and better,

Post season can't get here fast enough

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, shawn306 said:

Great win last night on top of another great win last Friday against a team they will most likely be facing in the first round. For about 55 minutes last night they basically shut Pittsburgh down.

I am starting to get the feeling that this team is going to make a very deep run in the post season. You have a goalie in Shesterkin who has been playing out of his mind all season. Right now I can't see a team beating him 4 times in a series, and that includes Colorado, Florida, or Tampa.

Kreider is having a career year, Trouba has bee great and it seems like each game they get better and better,

Post season can't get here fast enough

 

6 points out of first with 1 more GP. It will be tough but you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

6 points out of first with 1 more GP. It will be tough but you never know.

3 points behind Carolina with 2 games left with them at MSG. 

Just keep playing the way the have been. Hurricanes are struggling a bit right now. Do wish they would tighten things up a bit on the Defensive side but I just find it hard to believe that a team is going to beat Shesterkin 4 times in 7 games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I don't know what KK was supposed to do when he gets pushed into the goalie.

BS Call

 

The league and TV have been on Pittsburgh's crotch since Sid was awarded to them. Brady, LeBron, etc...same stuff. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still really ticked about last night but you move on.

Shesterkin should sue for non-support from his D last night for allowing nearly 90 shots through. Torts would have lost his mind.

Thursday needs to be a Rangers romp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...