Zach Wilson on Sunday

Maxman

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well, lets see if Crowder and Mims help since both are to be active. I wanted to see Kenny Y. as well, but Kroft will likely play and Safety Davis will be activated which means we need a roster spot for him as well. For the 2 spots they can bring up 1 has to be an Olineman since it is dangerous to go into a game with only 7. Lets see if Kenny is the other perhaps. 

They are the two best receivers on the roster.  Should be a massive upgrade at the WR position.

Davis should be better, but until he learns how to catch he's a liability.

He only has a shot at those stats if our Wr and TEs and Rb catch the ball. 

The game last night both qbs looked pretty good and all the receivers caught the ball.

The jets offense has a very narrow margin for error so we need guys to catch a few really tough ones and no drops.

Having seen what I've seen so far I am not optimistic.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They are the two best receivers on the roster.  Should be a massive upgrade at the WR position.

Davis should be better, but until he learns how to catch he's a liability.

i like Davis, but i think we all need to be prepared for a bad game by him

no preseason , missed the 1st 3 games. he had what 3 or 4 practices. he has to be flat. but theres nobody else to play. 

Under 20 completions.

Barely 200 yards

3 interceptions

No TD throws

Jets score....6 points. On two FG's. 

I'll allow for the possibility the Jets score 13 points if there is fumble close to the Titan's end zone and someone on the defense runs it in, because in this Lafleur offense, the offense isn't putting it in. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Under 20 completions.

Barely 200 yards

3 interceptions

No TD throws

I'll allow for the possibility the Jets score 13 points if there is fumble close to the Titan's end zone and someone on the defense runs it in, because in this Lafleur offense, the offense isn't putting it in. 

sad lucifer morningstar GIF by Lucifer

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, Maxman said:

Over 20 completions

Over 300 yards

Two passing Touchdowns

No interceptions

The rebuild is going to work. 

Let's go Jets.

Agree. He looked pretty good. Some people forget,.. it's still early. He is learning. Hopefully we can continue to build around him. 

I just want to see a game plan designed to keep this simple for a rookie QB.  Get him in rhythym with short, quick passes; get him comfortable in the pocket.  I hope it will look like hte game is slowing down a bit for him.  Quick drops, quick decisions, making right reads.  Once he is in rhythym, let himi take the occasional shot.

If I see that, I will live with whatever the statline and scorebaoard says.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, BP said:

I had a couple of concerns about Zach in high stress situations.

1)He had to throw that ball away on 3rd and goal in ot

2)He had to hit the TE who was wide open at the 3 yard line in OT. That was a horrible pass.

He's got some stuff to work on.  On the plus side:

1) he deals with pressure VERY well regularly dodging sure sacks.  

2) He keeps getting crushed and pops back up.  

3) He made two plays and created long bombs out of nothing.   

4) His QBR was 97.3 in his 4th game without a real run game or good protection.  

21 34 61.8 297 8.7 2 1 54 97.3

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:31 PM, thebuzzardman said:

Under 20 completions.

Barely 200 yards

3 interceptions

No TD throws

Quote myself!

Glad to be dead wrong

• Haha 2

The kid was the only reason the Jets won. He took control and played an awesome game. His signaling Davis to go deep was great stuff. It's great to be a fan of a team with a player that can do that kind of stuff. Normally, we watch opposing players do that to us.

The poor throws to Griffith in OT and to Davis on 3d down late in the 4th quarter are what really stand out as far as negatives. They are pedestrian throws for a player of Wilson's skillset and he missed badly on both. But with practice, he'll start hitting those with regularity.

The needle is pointing firmly up for the Jets. Wilson is in another stratosphere talent-wise for what we are used to seeing at QB for the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:51 PM, T0mShane said:

Look at this newly compiled list of this websites most shameless bootlicks:

9FF96C2D-777D-4F88-8B7F-30958A5F997A.png

Or those are really smart football fans because what I said would happen, did indeed happen.

Oh my bad on being a few yards off.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The kid was the only reason the Jets won. He took control and played an awesome game. His signaling Davis to go deep was great stuff. It's great to be a fan of a team with a player that can do that kind of stuff. Normally, we watch opposing players do that to us.

The poor throws to Griffith in OT and to Davis on 3d down late in the 4th quarter are what really stand out as far as negatives. They are pedestrian throws for a player of Wilson's skillset and he missed badly on both. But with practice, he'll start hitting those with regularity.

The needle is pointing firmly up for the Jets. Wilson is in another stratosphere talent-wise for what we are used to seeing at QB for the Jets.

Yes - the defense, its 7 sacks and constant pressure had nothing to do with this game.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes - the defense, its 7 sacks and constant pressure had nothing to do with this game.

The D flashed. It did not play well. Against an Offense that was missing its #1 and #2 WR they let up 24 points! What does the Jets O look like without its top 2 WRs? The bottom line is the D could not get off the field allowing Ten to possess the ball for 40:42, on 30 first downs, with 177 rushing yards and 430 yards of total offense while generating Zero turnovers. Then they let Ten drive the field with no timeouts to tie the game. Making matters worse, they allowed Ten to drive into position for the tieing FG, which was MISSED by their K. The 7 sacks was the extent of the D's perceived great play, and they are Fools Gold.

I've seen the Jets D win games, smothering the opposing O, putting it into constant long third downs and forcing continuous 3 and outs. This was not a game the D won. It was a game won on long completions by the rookie QB. Take any one of the 3 long completions away and the Jets do not win. There was no D play that had the same level of importance to the win than any one of the 3 long completions. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The D flashed. It did not play well. Against an Offense that was missing its #1 and #2 WR they let up 24 points! What does the Jets O look like without its top 2 WRs? The bottom line is the D could not get off the field allowing Ten to possess the ball for 40:42, on 30 first downs, with 177 rushing yards and 430 yards of total offense while generating Zero turnovers. Then they let Ten drive the field with no timeouts to tie the game. Making matters worse, they allowed Ten to drive into position for the tieing FG, which was MISSED by their K. The 7 sacks was the extent of the D's perceived great play, and they are Fools Gold.

I've seen the Jets D win games, smothering the opposing O, putting it into constant long third downs and forcing continuous 3 and outs. This was not a game the D won. It was a game won on long completions by the rookie QB. Take any one of the 3 long completions away and the Jets do not win. There was no D play that had the same level of importance to the win than any one of the 3 long completions. 

Hm. Put that way and I kind of agree

52 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The fact that the D held the Titans to 9 points in the 1st half made all the difference in this game . Then the offense scoring the TD before half evened the playing field  as opposed to prior weeks when the Jets faced double digit defecits.  Henry had his yards like he'll do against all teams including top 10 defenses. The one thing that killed the Jets was the screens to Mcnichols which probably accounted for 100 of Tenn's passing yards. 

Everyone is quick to point out Tenn's injuries , but the Jets were playing w/o Becton, Lawson, Moore and playing with virtually a rookie secondary.  In addition the Jets D had the game won twice on the game tying drive , once a ticky tack PI on 4th down bailed out the Titans and then on the tying TD pass where time had expired but was not called as delay of game.

You may feel the  D's play was fools gold , but looking at stats is ignoring the context of the game.

The D was every bit as responsible for that win yesterday as Zach's heroics.