Jets Finally Giving Mims A Chance

JetBlue

42 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I'm sensing that Woody got involved this week...wanted some answers and said to JD and Saleh to see that he is on the field..enough of this charade..make it happen..and it did. 

or that Moore and Smith are in concussion protocol and cant play and were short one WR.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not saying it will, I’m just saying nothing else has. Offense been terrible claw dog! Not sure his impact but nothing else has even modestly move the needle. Give the kid a shot, after scoring zero points last week not sure what we have to lose. Not asking for you to believe, just watch! Honestly I have no idea, I need a snack. 

I think you misunderstand. I have no problem with them playing the guy. He SHOULD have been playing all along. But he hasn’t. For one reason or another, dude can’t beat out either of the Smiths in practice. What makes anyone think that he’s going to have a meaningful impact on the game? Like all of a sudden the lightbulb is going to come on and he really performs? I’d be thrilled to see it, but let’s be real. The offense obviously stinks right now but it’s not for a lack of Denzel Mims. My prediction is 2 catches for 17 yards. I to be clear, I want to like Denzel. 

2 hours ago, the Claw said:

I think you misunderstand. I have no problem with them playing the guy. He SHOULD have been playing all along. But he hasn’t. For one reason or another, dude can’t beat out either of the Smiths in practice. What makes anyone think that he’s going to have a meaningful impact on the game? Like all of a sudden the lightbulb is going to come on and he really performs? I’d be thrilled to see it, but let’s be real. The offense obviously stinks right now but it’s not for a lack of Denzel Mims. My prediction is 2 catches for 17 yards. I to be clear, I want to like Denzel. 

He played 3 snaps in Week 1 and finished a close 3rd on the team in receiving yardage in that game.  That's a pretty meaningful impact, no?

11 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I'm sensing that Woody got involved this week...wanted some answers and said to JD and Saleh to see that he is on the field..enough of this charade..make it happen..and it did. 

Woody doesnt even know the name of any second rounder we've ever had, much less ask the staff to give one more playing time. 

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He played 3 snaps in Week 1 and finished a close 3rd on the team in receiving yardage in that game.  That's a pretty meaningful impact, no?

Being third on the list in a game where two touchdowns were scored? Not really meaningful imo, no.

Just now, the Claw said:

Being third on the list in a game where two touchdowns were scored? Not really meaningful imo, no.

When you only play 3 snaps, it is.  That's highly efficient.  Maybe more than 2 TD's would have been scored if he'd played a full game and been targeted more than one time.  

The offense scored 0 points so last week so what the hell do we have to lose by playing him and targeting him, exactly?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When you only play 3 snaps, it is.  That's highly efficient.  Maybe more than 2 TD's would have been scored if he'd played a full game and been targeted more than one time.  

The offense scored 0 points so last week so what the hell do we have to lose by playing him and targeting him, exactly?

I think they should play him, but we should have realistic expectations about his performance. 

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This highly unlikely.

It's been made clear, from the HC and GM that winning is not a priority, it's building the systems.  They will not deviate from the system, even if it helps win.

Mims is a problem for them because of his talent, yet he's not a fit in the system.  

That seems to be their actions but they said the opposite in camp

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:30 PM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Woody?   Being Hands-on?   

He didn't do sh*t.

Mims is only taking the field because of injuries and Saleh had no choice.

Now it's on Mims to show Saleh that he can play.

Otherwise, if he underwhelms, it will be back to Chateau Le DogHouse. 

• Upvote 1

Giving him a chance?

I mean, despite him being at the bottom of the WR corps, they kept him on our roster and are working to get him game ready every week. 

At some point, y’all need to stop projecting your victim complexes and just accept that some people must earn their job.