Mims is gonna have a monster day!

Nixhead

6 catches 97 yards 1 TD.            It would make too much sense if the Jets knew Mims wasn't quite ready at the start of the season and held him out and got him ready for just the right moment and BAM! he comes in with a whole bunch of good plays that no-one has seen yet. And at the same time the Jets were seeing what our other receivers got which apparently isn't a lot. If that was the plan and Mims comes out with a big game that would impress me a little. But we all know that wasn't the case most probably.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

6 catches 97 yards 1 TD.            It would make too much sense if the Jets knew Mims wasn't quite ready at the start of the season and held him out and got him ready for just the right moment and BAM! he comes in with a whole bunch of good plays that no-one has seen yet. And at the same time the Jets were seeing what our other receivers got which apparently isn't a lot. If that was the plan and Mims comes out with a big game that would impress me a little. But we all know that wasn't the case most probably.

Are they going to be throwing him the ball on the sideline? That's the only way I see him doing this. You really think they will play him that much. I bet he sits until the 4th qrt again. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are they going to be throwing him the ball on the sideline? That's the only way I see him doing this. You really think they will play him that much. I bet he sits until the 4th qrt again. 

Yes he's gonna get his chance. I think he will play quite a bit - if he catches a few passes I think the Jets will keep going his way - I think the Jets will have some designed plays for him - why not nothing else is working so far.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Yes he's gonna get his chance. I think he will play quite a bit - if he catches a few passes I think the Jets will keep going his way - I think the Jets will have some designed plays for him - why not nothing else is working so far.

Designed plays? For the last two weeks they didn't  even dress him, now they are going to game plan for him?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Designed plays? For the last two weeks they didn't  even dress him, now they are going to game plan for him?

F Yeah! Would u rather they game plan for Berrios? Mims is the man bro - he's gonna have their 2nd or 3rd best corner on him. He should eat that guy up. 8-10 balls headed Mims' way!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'd be surprised if he gets 6 snaps.  Of course, he'll catch 2 balls, including a sideline jump ball for 20 yards where he'll bail Zach out.  The in week 4 he'll be back on the inactive list when Jeff Smith recovers from his concussion.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I can see them running Mims out on 20-30% of snaps, getting low targets.

They then show the media and fans they played Mims but he did nothing, back to the inactive list.

I agree that he wont get a ton of targets. Wouldn't make sense, frankly. Davis and Kroft will get the bulk of the targets and I think Carter has a chance to make some noise after a rough outing. Because the Jets will def try to establish the run to protect Zach. 

However, if Mims makes any impact at all, I would be very surprised to see Saleh make him inactive for the next game. A few catches is all he has to do depending on how he looks out there and how big those plays are.  

13 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'd be surprised if he gets 6 snaps.  Of course, he'll catch 2 balls, including a sideline jump ball for 20 yards where he'll bail Zach out.  The in week 4 he'll be back on the inactive list when Jeff Smith recovers from his concussion.

Zach doesn't need his receivers to bail him out. He just needs them to catch the ball. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

F Yeah! Would u rather they game plan for Berrios? Mims is the man bro - he's gonna have their 2nd or 3rd best corner on him. He should eat that guy up. 8-10 balls headed Mims' way!

Davis is the guy. That is who Zack is going to try to get the ball to. There will be no Mims plays where he is the primary. I fully feel he is only playing by default.  

I hope he gets an opportunity and plays well. I’m shocked that the coaching staff has not considered the possibility that Mims is one of those rare guys that plays well in games and looks bad in practice. Some people are wired in a way that their brain only allows them to excel in actual games because no matter how many times they try to convince themselves that practice matters, their brain knows it’s only practice. They need the intensity of a game to turn it on.

I hope Mims is one of those guys.

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And the D knows it and will make every effort to make Davis unavailable. 

Exactly - this is Davis' old team. They do not want to be burned by Davis so he gets xtra attention freeing up Mims for a Monster Day! How do I know these things - I slept at a Red Carpet Inn last night!

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Zach doesn't need his receivers to bail him out. He just needs them to catch the ball. 

Also, if a WR's supposed strength is "big, strong, wins jump balls" is it then "bailing out the QB" if we throw him a jump ball?

Or is that him, um, just doing his job?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I can see them running Mims out on 20-30% of snaps, getting low targets.

They then show the media and fans they played Mims but he did nothing, back to the inactive list.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he got 0 targets and played 100%. There is definitely some spite here. Any time coaches come in and say “we’re going to build the offense around our guys,” they always seem to be full of it, or just simply can’t.