Are the Jets lost?

Maxman

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

2nd season. JD wasn't going to release players when he took over for Macc after the draft.

It takes more than 1 season to tear a roster down.

Joe Douglas has been the GM sitting in the box for 3 seasons on game 1 of the regular season.

He also released a player literally his first couple days on the job. And traded another.

18 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

This is such nonsense. You’re one of the smart ones here, stop giving Douglas a 2 year pass. It strains your credibility when you do.

We should have a two year base of draft picks who are contributing by now, and we don’t. How about a few FA’s out there making plays? Aside from Mosely, I don’t see that.

I get the whole tear down thing, but… it doesn’t mean you can’t start adding talent while you shed those who are lacking. That’s allowed. In fact it’s necessary.

I would venture 90% of this board realized this team wouldn’t have a winning record this season, but we all wanted/expected to see young players making contributions and the team to show improvement, not get worse.

You’ve watched the first 3 weeks. Stop acting the next 14 looking the same was always part of some master plan. It wasn’t.

Any reasonable person who looks at this situation from the day JD was hired until today and doesn’t admit he’s wasted two years spinning  wheels and going nowhere is fooling themselves. We are no better then we were the day he was hired. It could be argued we are worse.

Any comment now?

39 minutes ago, Origen said:

Any comment now?

That was fun, wasn’t it? I feel like I’m on cloud 9!

Nerve wracking, but fun. That’s all any of us want… give us a fun game to watch. Let us feel like we have something here.
It’s not even about us getting the win. It was so great to be on the edge of my seat watching a Jets game again.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

That was fun, wasn’t it? I feel like I’m on cloud 9!

Nerve wracking, but fun. That’s all any of us want… give us a fun game to watch. Let us feel like we have something here.
It’s not even about us getting the win. It was so great to be on the edge of my seat watching a Jets game again.

What a joyful experience to have fun watching football, and then be rewarded at the end!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Joe Douglas has been the GM sitting in the box for 3 seasons on game 1 of the regular season.

He also released a player literally his first couple days on the job. And traded another.

Like I said, Joe Douglas has had two off-seasons to make a difference. I am not counting a partial season where all of the crucial moves have already been made and was left with a disaster of a team.