We have ourselves a QB!

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Geez. Calm down Susan. 

I'm sorry. Knee jerk reactions by all of us, is irritating to me. I'm guilty myself, at times. Beating the Titans at home without Brown and Jones doesn't  warrant threads about the playoffs. Last week, we wanted to fire everybody, for heavens sake.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Reminds me of Josh Allen's rookie season. Some throws that make you say WTF was that, some throws that only a couple other QBs can make. Playing with a bad o-line and weapons and sometimes trying too hard to overcome it all on his own. If he keeps developing Jets fans have a lot to look forward to.

Not knocking Josh, but he was way more inaccurate than Zach as a rookie. This year, after 3 games, Josh is having accuracy issues

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, genot said:

I'm sorry. Knee jerk reactions by all of us, is irritating to me. I'm guilty myself, at times. Beating the Titans at home without Brown and Jones doesn't  warrant threads about the playoffs. Last week, we wanted to fire everybody, for heavens sake.

I was just having fun at your accidentally grammar error, nothing more, nothing less.  

You're certainly entitled to it, 
but it must suck - to be a fan be have to root against your QB.  I am truly sorry you're so dug in on this...

I don’t root against him. I’d love for him to prove me wrong. I felt he was an awful prospect in what is an awful QB class. I didn’t want to draft him because I saw all the same things I’m seeing now, accuracy issues, a lot of sandlot ball, weak competition that he lit up playing sandlot ball because it works against weak competition. I’m tired of wasting away 3 years over and over on bad prospects. And for the record I don’t think Darnold is any better, I just wanted to keep him one more year so we could’ve used the #2 pick to fortify the team by trading down. Let Sam take a beating again this year, ditch him and draft a QB this coming offseason when we have a better overall team to help him, and more importantly have the resources to move up if needed to take what I feel by odds alone would be a better QB prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The pick was fine.  Receiver slipped.  

The only one that bothered me was the incomplete on third down towards the end which stopped the clock.  I would rather he just fell down and kept the clock rolling.  Essentially, it gave them an extra timeout.

Getting hit and going out of bounds at the 4 on 3rd and 1 at the 1 in OT was a pretty Sam-like move.  He just needed to toss it into the 10th row but tried to run it.  Instead of go-for-it 4th at the 1, kick the FG and the rest happens.  Gotta be smarter then.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Would like more consistency with the short game, but he flat out made the 2 best throws I've seen in years for a Jet QB.

He needs work, but he made plays I've only seen a few ever make. Every QB can work on missed short throws. Only a couple can hit a guy in stride 55 yds on the run.

Agreed. He won on talent, which is great because he has skills you can’t teach. But he did not play within the offensive system. He played Hero Ball instead. 

This game makes me wonder if he is (mentally) miscast in LeFluer’s system. Maybe he is more suited for an Air Coryell/Greatest Show on Turf system? 

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed. He won on talent, which is great because he has skills you can’t teach. But he did not play within the offensive system. He played Hero Ball instead. 

This game makes me wonder if he is (mentally) miscast in LeFluer’s system. Maybe he is more suited for an Air Coryell/Greatest Show on Turf system? 

I'd have to look again but I think the plays broke down before he did what he does.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I must have been watching a different ending.

Weren't you the guy that was gushing when Lawrence threw the ball across his body for 50 yards? Zach makes the same throw and adds a couple of other big time throws and you say this? Haha. Don't worry the Jags won't go winless. The Jags will squeeze out a win or two.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

Correct. 

But this was a nice game by Skip.  Let him keep plugging away and he'll hopefully surpass him some day.

And that day is coming!  May not be this season, but I'm not so sure about that either.

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think the TD pass to Davis was an example of the hero ball stuff. He was lucky the two defenders weren't  locating the ball. That pass should have been broken up. 

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is we’re head coach Saleh tells LaFleur ,”I don’t care, make it work!” Today that let the kid fly or die, he almost got off the ground, the defense carried him to the win. Totally awesome at game 4 of his career. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

This is we’re head coach Saleh tells LaFleur ,”I don’t care, make it work!” Today that let the kid fly or die, he almost got off the ground, the defense carried him to the win. Totally awesome at game 4 of his career. 

LaFleur had very little to do with this game. Wilson did his improv show on two of the biggest plays - the bombs to Davis which set up the scores. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fido your boy played tough as nails today . You must be proud. 

He was truly impressive today.  

He certainly has a few things to clean up....but all we were asking for this year was to see the flashes of potential.  He certainly delivered on that.  Very happy!

• Upvote 3