We have ourselves a QB!

I’m actually dead serious and not being a smart ass. Geno is still a backup in the league today so there’s hope for Zach. But both seem small on the field even though they’re not, both can run a bit even though it’s not their strong suit, both have cannon arms, both are terribly inaccurate, both take too long to process the field, and both have most of their success when the play breaks down.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

“Terribly inaccurate”?

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Pichula said:

He’s made more plays in four weeks than Darnold has in 4 years

watch the post game presser to see how cerebral Zach is as a qb 

Once he gets more comfortable he will be unstoppable 

his game really does remind me of mahomes 

I love how every other week this forum says he’s either an over drafted mess of a prospect or he’s Mahomes.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jago said:

does anyone else here think davis short armed it on that sideline 3rd down miss ?

I was thinking that on the replay. During the live play I thought he overthrew it. When they should the angle from behind Wilson, it looked like he didn’t extend to try to catch it and it was within reach.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I’m actually dead serious and not being a smart ass. Geno is still a backup in the league today so there’s hope for Zach. But both seem small on the field even though they’re not, both can run a bit even though it’s not their strong suit, both have cannon arms, both are terribly inaccurate, both take too long to process the field, and both have most of their success when the play breaks down.

You are clueless. Terribly inaccurate. Geno yes.  Zach. Cmon. What game did you watch today. 

• Post of the Week 1

It was a big relief to see Zack playing from a mostly clean pocket. The flash plays were great when he WAS flushed.

Tenn has a bad pass rush, but it was an opportunity to see Zacks potential when he has time.  And further emphasizes the need to go hard and heavy on IOL next draft. Double up, C and RG with 2 of our first 4 picks. Maybe get a new RT as well. Oh and a TE.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, jago said:

does anyone else here think davis short armed it on that sideline 3rd down miss ?

Live it looked way off. On the replay it looked off but seemed like Davis could’ve made more of an effort. But to be fair if he Davis did catch it it would have to be a highlight reel type catch 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Live it looked way off. On the replay it looked off but seemed like Davis could’ve made more of an effort. But to be fair if he Davis did catch it it would have to be a highlight reel type catch 

Yeah.  I'm not surprised he didn't catch it, but he could have at least fully extended his arm.

I’ve been a Jets fan for 40 years a$$hole, I’ve been on this forum and Jets insider for 20+ years. I’m entitled to my opinion just as much as you. Scroll by or debate it if you don’t like it.

4 Games in and you’ve come up with the brilliant deduction that Zach is terribly inaccurate. Yet he made throws today we haven’t seen since Testaverde.  He made things happen by moving in the pocket, last jet QBs to do that ?  Yeah none is the answer.  Your comments could not be more wrong.  That’s my opinion as a 50 year Jet fan. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Snell-ey we’ve always made a good team, but you’re obviously jacked up on pain killers from all the wear and tear your body took back in the 60’s and early 70’s. 
Not to mention the concussion issues. 

@32EBoozer

• Haha 1

For the first time in years we looked like a functional offense with a more than functional QB.  For now we all should be taking that.  

I didn't like Wilson coming out and still have significant doubts.  But I would be glad to be proven wrong.  Today was potentially a big moment for the kid.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Life said:

This was a great throw in OT. He flashed a lot of throws today that showed why he was such a highly rated prospect. He also missed a few that could have ended the game earlier. Overall a very encouraging start in his 4th career game 

Perfectly said. And great clip. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jago said:

I also don’t know why Cole feel down on the deep ball when Zach rolled to the right, he should’ve just caught it and ran it in. Not sure why he went down. 

These two throws (within the span of about 20 minutes) were the most impressive two throws I’ve ever seen a Jets QB make. I’ll say it again, LaFleur has to keep rolling Wilson out and moving the pocket for him. He is lethal throwing on the run.

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Origen said:

But I thought Mangold and D'Brick were the greatest line ever put together?  Willie Colon?  Oday Aboushi???

Not sure how to respond. Mangold and Ferguson were a great two-fifths of an OL. The last time the OL was good was 2010. Not sure that Geno Smith played behind that talent. Mark Sanchez?

I thought he was playing out side the system... And then I listened to the post game presser and Zach wasnt just improvising on those plays or chucking it up - he read each of those all the way (a long with the great play to Crowder on the fumbled snap) and knew what he was doing. 

Sam also had a knack for the off schedule - but I always thought it was all feel, Zach is explaining what he saw the safeties doing pre snap, how the routes being run manipulated coverages and where he wanted to put the ball as a result...

I just hope he can do this consistently...

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

This year, after 3 games, Josh is having accuracy issues

Not since week 2. Week 1 and week 2 he let bad o-line play get to him and bring back some of the mechanical issues that he fixed last year. He was in a slump for sure. Week 3 he got it together. Completed over 70% of his passes each of the last 2 weeks.

I think Wilson needs to focus on his mechanics to take that next step, usually missing short throws is caused by mechanical issues. Even Mahomes had to fix his footwork coming out of Texas Tech, and last year in the Super Bowl the pass rush got to him and some of his old footwork issues popped up again. For QBs like Mahomes and Allen and Wilson that can make any throw without really setting their feet those bad habits are always there waiting to come out. Like anything else in life it's a matter of repetition which turns into muscle memory until the bad habits are buried deep down. Allen has an insane work ethic. If Wilson has the same I am very confident he will be a great QB, in time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Not since week 2. Week 1 and week 2 he let bad o-line play get to him and bring back some of the mechanical issues that he fixed last year. He was in a slump for sure. Week 3 he got it together. Completed over 70% of his passes each of the last 2 weeks.

I think Wilson needs to focus on his mechanics to take that next step, usually missing short throws is caused by mechanical issues. Even Mahomes had to fix his footwork coming out of Texas Tech, and last year in the Super Bowl the pass rush got to him and some of his old footwork issues popped up again. For QBs like Mahomes and Allen and Wilson that can make any throw without really setting their feet those bad habits are always there waiting to come out. Like anything else in life it's a matter of repetition which turns into muscle memory until the bad habits are buried deep down. Allen has an insane work ethic. If Wilson has the same I am very confident he will be a great QB, in time.

In Allen’s rookie season, he threw balls where guys were nowhere within 20 yds.  Zach isn’t doing that.  

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

I thought he was playing out side the system... And then I listened to the post game presser and Zach wasnt just improvising on those plays or chucking it up - he read each of those all the way (a long with the great play to Crowder on the fumbled snap) and knew what he was doing. 

Sam also had a knack for the off schedule - but I always thought it was all feel, Zach is explaining what he saw the safeties doing pre snap, how the routes being run manipulated coverages and where he wanted to put the ball as a result...

I just hope he can do this consistently...

You gotta see the all 22 to understand.  It’s more amazing than you think