We have ourselves a QB!

25 minutes ago, jago said:

thats what i see, favre. but lets hope he can develop the other qualities with reps and experience. he’s been advertised as a strong study too.

I see Favre with Brady's competitiveness/mental make up.

Favre wasn't as cerebral as ZW.

Hopefully he can put it all together. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He has top-end potential, I think that is clear.  His arm strength is materially better than I expected, and his toughness and durability, so far, has exceeded my expectations.  I wouldn't say "rarely see" in terms of ball flight, release or power, most NFL QB's these days of any account can drop a bomb here and there, but it does feel like a long-passing game might actually be a thing in NY for us again, after a long while of it being meh.  His accuracy overall tho, not quite up to snuff yet (not horrible, just not great yet either.)

I just get a little careful comparing rookie QB's in game 4 to multiple-HOF'ers at once.  He could be that good, to be sure,, and there may be some similarity visually/results wise in specific moments, it just feels hyperbolic to me this early to get that far ahead of ourselves.  While he may "look like Marino" one play because of a specific attribute, he can also look like the worst QB bust on other plays lol.  Remember, last week half this board wanted to either bench him or sign a veteran QB, lol.

He is neither of those things, he's a rookie with a ton of talent figuring his way forward, so he can be Wilson, not some other guy.  Maybe I'm too cynical and have seen too many "he looks like Rodgers" comments over the years to believe it so easily, lol.

dumb-and-dumber-theres-a-chance-gif.gif

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not to be critical of you t all, but your take this weekend, in the thread bout the offensive line scheme needing time, was that the Jets would ruin ZW. Did yesterday help move that feeling at all?

And the middle of the Jets line is trash right now.

And it looks like we are going to get a lot of DE stunts up the middle. This isn't  exactly a secret

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

I think the Kid is growing up before our eyes. Some of the plays today you can't teach!

And if you noticed, there were changes in the offense that helped Wilsson "grow up"

He will thrive in spread set and do poorly in tight sets with limited routs.  Get him out or the phone booth and into a modernized system of the old Pardee offence... 

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Whilst there is zero comparison between the 2 QBs, Zach Wilson will NEVER be cold-cocked by one of his defensive lineman. 

Geno was a piece of garbage. 

Really, so this human being is somehow, to you, a piece of garbage? 

don't think Geno Smith is a piece of garbage, I think YOU should be hauled away AS GARBAGE!

Just one African American man's opinion.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Really, so this human being is somehow, to you, a piece of garbage? 

don't think Geno Smith is a piece of garbage, I think YOU should be hauled away AS GARBAGE!

Just one African American man's opinion.

Was that a Star Trek TOS reference?

If so, bravo.  

P.S. I was never a Geno fan, ever, but he wasn't garbage.  He was just an immature kid who never seemed to get his head on strait in a way that allowed him to exploit his considerable talents.  He was a bust, that is clear, but not garbage.  You don't break your QB's face over $600 no matter how immature he is IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Let’s slow down a bit

I didn't say he was Brady. He plays with the same fire and competitiveness and he wears it on his sleeve...like Brady. 

Also if you listen to him speak, it is clear he processes things at a high level. 

Trust.....he is far, far, far from being anywhere close to Brady. 

You guys are funny and completely missing what I said, and honestly make me wonder how old some of you are and who the first Jets QB was when you became a fan. Ken OBrien had a cannon. Vinny Testaverde had a cannon. Those guys threw laser darts. Zach has a wonderful arm but let’s not pretend it’s some never before seen arm talent. As far as comparing him to Geno, as a prospect out of college and this far into careers they’re spot on similar as players. Obviously Geno was an a$$hole personality wise and I’m not comparing that, just college history and player makeup. They both came from colleges that did not face elite talent (Geno actually faced the tougher of the two in college), they both have incredible arm strength, they’re both inaccurate, they both make their best plays off script,they both need a lot of work to understand a defense both pre-snap and especially in real-time. I didn’t like him as a prospect and I still see the flaws that made me not want him. While you guys are fawning over the unscripted bomb, I was most impressed with a quick slant he hit Cole on for 8 yards, followed by a beautiful over the shoulder to him a couple plays later. Those were designed plays that Zach pulled the trigger on by taking advantage of what the play is designed to do. Too often he’s turning down open receivers because he’s not processing it fast enough. From BYU as basically a one year wonder to NFL speed may as well be different universes, and without the rose colored glasses of being wooe’d by a couple bombs, the rest of his game continues to be not very good. The learning curve for a prospect like him is huge, and I’m not confident in the long run that he’s going to pan out. My old ass been around the block of complete Jets futility far too many times has that right at this point whether you like it or not. I got behind every young QB of the last 15 years of debacle against all my doubts for just about all of them, I’ve had enough acting like I believe in a kid with so many questions when I know full well the script of how things with this organization works out. And if you don’t like it, maybe I’m just the reverse jinx the franchise needs. If I’m gonna be wrong I sure hope it’s with Zach.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app