What positives did we learn about the Jets today?

(Posted the first two paragraphs in another thread, but somewhat relevant...)

Considering time of possession, hats off to the defense. Even when the opposing receivers made catches to today, the DB's were never far away. Before the season, most folks, including me, were holding our breath. Now? I'm not worried. On the LB front, Mosely IS Mosely. Q's brother needs to look for the ball, but opposing RB's are going to be looking for HIM and not the ball themselves. DL: despite the loss of Lawson and Curry, they are bringing it. Huff? Check. JFM, Fatukasi, Shepard, Q, et. al. - great, consistent effort and results.

Cleanup? Sure. The screens got the Titans through a bunch of third and longs; ironically the Jets were better defending third and short. Wilson threw a few short range ducks - weird how he's better at the longer stuff. A few penalties - but nothing too unexpected from a young team.

And I add: looks like I have to trust Saleh and JD on the personnel calls. I could not fathom going into the season with corners with a total of 8 games experience (IIRC.) Well - they look like a Velcro gang. The LB's? Somehow, the D coaches have manages to maximize Mosely, and minimize the deficiencies of the revolving door of other LB's. The DL?  'Nuff said.

LaFleur made some adjustments, and they put up points. So the rookie staff gets some props, too. If the running game picks up, then we might really be more interesting: reviewing the remaining schedule, it's not that daunting.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Wtf are you talking about?  and what does that have to do with wanting to support the QB?  Some of you people need some serious therapy around here. lol

Your Quote skippy: "You don't need to be a QB guru to think the last two first round picks are gonna be better then Wilson....the only people who don't are delusional Jets fans".

If you can't recall your own posts, you may need therapy. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Lots of good things but for me this had all the hallmarks of a good effort loss game after the penalties help Tennessee tie it up.  I was chalking it up as a loss but they found a way to win.  Very happy with the team, not perfect but signs
Hashtag Nathan Sheppard

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Great call on 4.  Bryce Hall is a keeper.  Its about time we hit on a late rounder.  With your number 1 Zack, imagine if he had an NFL caliber TE on this offense to take some pressure off.   Also see AVT is playing well for a rookie with no pre season playing time
I actually don't feel like I have to literally hold my breath every time an opposing qb lines up for a deep shot

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

For everyone who wants to trade Crowder, take a minute to reflect. I pounded the table for Moore on draft weekend and want to see him shine, but having good veteran WRs is a good idea with a rookie QB

Wilson can be the guy if he doesn’t lose his confidence here like Darnold did. He plays better after Halftime - the opposite of Sam when he was here 

this defensive line would have been awesome if Lawson didn’t get hurt. What a shame 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

For everyone who wants to trade Crowder, take a minute to reflect. I pounded the table for Moore on draft weekend and want to see him shine, but having good veteran WRs is a good idea with a rookie QB

Wilson can be the guy if he doesn’t lose his confidence here like Darnold did. He plays better after Halftime - the opposite of Sam when he was here 

this defensive line would have been awesome if Lawson didn’t get hurt. What a shame 

Crowder was one of the biggest difference makers in the game and was night and day to seeing Moore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Takeaways:

- Quincy -> we may have a LB

- CB's -> they are holding up over 4 games - they are being coached up well or are just good, both is good news

- Pass Rush -> opportunistic, won't be prisoner of moment because they weren't that great in other games BUT they have high motor and if its obvious they will keep knocking at the door. 

- QB -> INT was CD's fault. He's good, but needs time for throws, today he had that. Also, quick release is awesome but also makes him misfire on some throws. Confidence stays up regardlesss of turnovers, which is good news 

- Crowder -> we still need him and can benefit from him over Moore. We might be excited for Moore but Crowder is just a dependable guy and right now Zachs development is priority #1. 

- RB's -> Michael Carter is the future, they could bring him along as slow as they want but he will be our future for next 3-4 years even though I'm sure they will always keep a nice stable

- TE's -> we need one

- Lafleur -> He did better, gotta keep it up though to convince me he's adaptable

- Overall -> Team isn't great but they fight.  Development is the name of the game this year unfortunately and they are 100% doing that, so far players are getting better and Zach Wilson is building confidence 

Nice take dude. Just wondering if anybody else got a negative vibe from Crowder today? He seemed unpleased with his role or something.

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Crowder was one of the biggest difference makers in the game and was night and day to seeing Moore.

Yeah Crowder back was huge. Just a pro. Not sure what Moore's deal is. Was behind Berrios and the effort the last few weeks didnt look great. Had high hopes for him to be a playmaker early.

1 minute ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

I love what the defense is doing. Scheme seems to be adapting so well. The young guys are buying into it and the bend but don’t break drives have been a big help. If Carl Lawson doesn’t hurt his ACL in Green Bay they could’ve been really really special. 

Our defense is in the top 10 all around. Good showing from these guys. Seven sacks today? I'll take that every week thanks! Definitely major props to the Young no-name dudes. The coaches are throwing them dead at the wall and right into the rumble and these guys are showing up.

That's good s*** man all day!!

Apparently we have an identity? LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Our defense is in the top 10 all around. Good showing from these guys. Seven sacks today? I'll take that every week thanks! Definitely major props to the Young no-name dudes. The coaches are throwing them dead at the wall and right into the rumble and these guys are showing up.

That's good s*** man all day!!

Apparently we have an identity? LOL

Haha yeah but I was very excited about what Lawson can do. Saleh definitely has an effective system that seems interchangeable amongst talent. Stuff like that really keeps longevity and keeps you competitive in a salary cap league. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Zach Wilson has a ton of physical ability. If he just starts connecting on more of the routine throws he's got a chance to be good.

Those missed throws to Davis and Griffin could have cost the Jets a win. But Wilson has a ton of ability. Today was a step in the right direction for him.

The Jets D-Line is also really impressive.

I'm glad someone mentioned the missed throws to Griffen and Davis. Zack has to clean that up. There literally would not have been am OT if Zack just hits a wide open David for that forst down. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, Marcus Maye's agent should fire himself.  He really picked a great time to make his player look small right before the team and his group looked HUGE.  Didn't even miss him today.  I used to really like him too.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah Crowder back was huge. Just a pro. Not sure what Moore's deal is. Was behind Berrios and the effort the last few weeks didnt look great. Had high hopes for him to be a playmaker early.

Moore was in the concussion protocol wasn't he?  He will be fine.  God the kid is a rookie who missed all camp; he will get up to speed in time.  Berrios is a nice back up and special teamer, nothing more or less.   Lets learn to have a little patience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1