What positives did we learn about the Jets today?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Zack is a lot tougher than advertised. 
2. As @Mogglez predicted, Quinnen is on a killing spree.

3. Throwing to Crowder is exponentially more worthwhile than throwing to Berrios.

4. Bryce Hall is playing like a first round CB

Negatives:

1. Someone has to tell Becton he’s a guard when he comes back.

2. The Dolphins have no choice but to trade for Watson or their whole program will implode.

without a doubt. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Zack is a lot tougher than advertised.  2. As @Mogglez predicted, Quinnen is on a killing spree. 3. Throwing to Crowder is exponentially more worthwhile than throwing to Berrios. 4. Bry

A few quick ones... 1. No matter how it's going the Jets still trust Wilson to sling it and he still trusts himself to sling it.  We need that mentality by the QB and that vote of confidence from

Bryce Hall is a player. What a draft pick. I’m not a Joe D guy but kudos to him. 

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I don't know how many threads I've written this in but this kid definitely has it upstairs. He understands what he's doing and he's capable of handling the media in New York.

What people have to realize, besides him being both Smart and Tough, is that he's a gun slinger and he will be that guy who starts to consistently bring us back in games. He's not afraid to go out an win and put this team on his shoulders. I can't remember having a QB like that since Vinny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, STLuLu said:

We need a running game.

We wont get one until we get a real RB,,..... Carter is not the guy some of use thought he was he will be a complementary back and that's about it. Coleman is the same not able to handle the load and stay healthy. Ty Johnson is ok but way too inconsistent and drops passes when he's in traffic.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We wont get one until we get a real RB,,..... Carter is not the guy some of use thought he was he will be a complementary back and that's about it. Coleman is the same not able to handle the load and stay healthy. Ty Johnson is ok but way too inconsistent and drops passes when he's in traffic.

I had a different take on it. Carter impressed me with his quickness and toughness. IMO I thought it was more on the Oline not getting any push and not opening any holes. 

• Upvote 1

I was wrong about the corners. I crapped on them all summer. They are very well coached. Yes the Titans were down two star WRs but they displayed sound technique and fundamentals

the pass rush !!!!!  FIERCE 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Except for one drive, the Jets OC play calling and team execution still isn’t very good. All the significant plays were pure backyard ball. Yes, it was fun and exciting, but a poor indicator that Good things only happened AFTER the play broke down and playmakers had to make a play to stay in the game. 

instills more confidence in the talent on the roster and not so much on the OC calling the plays. 

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Nice take dude. Just wondering if anybody else got a negative vibe from Crowder today? He seemed unpleased with his role or something.

Thanks and yeaaa I don’t think you’re off base with this but who really knows and it prob doesn’t matter so much

I mean I’m sure there he feels a certain way. He was a productive and highly targeted WR last year. Now that same team signed a new WR to play ahead of him, drafted a new WR with similar skillset who is very good, and he’s likely to be off the team next year. I’m sure he feels a certain way - I would - but he’ll get over it and play cuz we’re paying him and he should still be a solid piece of the offense. More worried about Mims’ vibe than anyone else 

14 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Except for one drive, the Jets OC play calling and team execution still isn’t very good. All the significant plays were pure backyard ball. Yes, it was fun and exciting, but a poor indicator that Good things only happened AFTER the play broke down and playmakers had to make a play to stay in the game. 

instills more confidence in the talent on the roster and not so much on the OC calling the plays. 

Completely disagree.  Play calling was very good today.  Once the offense got hot, they were moving the ball on standard and backyard plays.

Very good job by Lafleur.  He is going to get better every game.  We are very lucky to have him.

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Completely disagree.  Play calling was very good today.  Once the offense got hot, they were moving the ball on standard and backyard plays.

Very good job by Lafleur.  He is going to get better every game.  We are very lucky to have him.

I completely disagree.

The offense never got hot. Wilson was able to evade a collapsing pocket after the play was dead with no one open and our WR simply outran the coverage to catch it or draw the PI. Nothing that was scripted by LaFleur was successful IMO. 

This victory was a credit to the Defense, Wilson’s improv and Cannon of an arm, and Fat Randy servings DUCK of a FG to LOSE the game. 

This was an ugly game on offense that was made enjoyable due to the backyard plays which is a credit to Wilson NOT LaFleur, andyou won’t win on a weekly basis playing that way. 

but a win is a win. 

5 hours ago, doitny said:

im glad they didnt stop Wilson from going deep after the NE game. remember they all said he needed to be more like Jones and go for the short passes and not be a hero. but going deep is where this kid does well. its a big part of his game. let him be him.

Yeah that take infuriated me

you want a noodle arm check down shill you take Jones

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

What people have to realize, besides him being both Smart and Tough, is that he's a gun slinger and he will be that guy who starts to consistently bring us back in games. He's not afraid to go out an win and put this team on his shoulders. I can't remember having a QB like that since Vinny. 

Fitzpatrick in ‘15 was exactly that type of QB for the Jets, except that he sucked in the final game where it mattered most due to that mentality as well. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Glenn Foley had Moxie!