Seems like such a good dude. I think our fans sort of gave him a rough time, especially after sitting a year but he really does seem to have a great attitude. Glad to have him but missing two years will always make that contract impossible to justify, especially with the needs we had.

• Upvote 4

Was hyped when signed him.....happy to see it finally pay off and I’m happy for him....can only imagine how it ate at him to be hurt and not be able to contribute!!

Was one of the few who didn’t sour on him for sitting last year....he’s our fearless leader!! 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Pichula said:

Absolute beast out there 

Leader, big hits, all over the field 

What a player 

thank you Mac 

Can’t believe we have fans wanting him cut. Yeah, let’s keep some talent for a change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

He's slow as hell, awful in coverage and extremely overpaid. No one here would give him the same contract if he was a free agent. 

With that said, he's a great leader and one of those players that is far more valuable to a team than the analytics would tell you. He's surrounded by inexperienced players and helps keeps it all together.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's slow as hell, awful in coverage and extremely overpaid. No one here would give him the same contract if he was a free agent. 

With that said, he's a great leader and one of those players that is far more valuable to a team than the analytics would tell you. He's surrounded by inexperienced players and helps keeps it all together.  

first of all you are wrong about his playing ability.

but what would you do with that money? which free agent better then Mosley would sign here for that money?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
7 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

first of all you are wrong about his playing ability.

but what would you do with that money? which free agent better then Mosley would sign here for that money?

Part 2 is why I can't take part 1 of your post seriously. 

Mosley is a 17 million dollar cap hit next year.  If you can't figure out a better way to spend 17 million going into next year  I can't really take your player evaluation skills seriously. 

• Thumb Down 1
5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Part 2 is why I can't take part 1 of your post seriously. 

Mosley is a 17 million dollar cap hit next year.  If you can't figure out a better way to spend 17 million going into next year  I can't really take your player evaluation skills seriously. 

keep ignoring the fact that no free agents want to come to the Jets unless they over pay  

3 hours ago, Pichula said:

Absolute beast out there 

What a player 

thank you Mac 

The angles he takes, I have never seen anything like it. He covered a back towards the sidelines and took and angle to make the tackle short of the first down. It was clear it wasn't going to happen. Rather than whiff he adjusted and pushed him out of bounds after the first down marker. No safety help, if he misses it is a long touchdown. He is so steady, really impressed with him.

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

keep ignoring the fact that no free agents want to come to the Jets unless they over pay  

Right and it's harder to over pay next offseaso. when you have Mosley counting for 17 million against the cap!

2 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

The one good move Mac made

even the sun shines on a dogs ass

He's an excellent player but it was also still a horrible move/contract.  Those aren't mutually exclusive points.  

36 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

And that's exactly why Douglas refuses to overpay.  Get things right in your own house until you become an attractive destination for A-level free agents.  Otherwise you just end up with a giant mess (I.E. a bunch of Trumaine Johnson's) on your hands.  

• Upvote 1
Absolute beast out there 
What a player 
thank you Mac 

He was actually almost invisible in the first 2 games, which is understandable in a new defense. Glad to see him turn it around the last couple of weeks.
He's now settled in and making impact plays, thank God.
9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He may not have elite speed but he is definitely not slow as hell, and he is a very good coverage linebacker.  

• Upvote 1

i know i was concerned about him coming back with the same fire.  he's laying any doubts i had to rest.  he's fast and knows where the plays are going.  he's making a big difference to what is a pretty marginal group.

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Can’t believe we have fans wanting him cut. Yeah, let’s keep some talent for a change. 

People complain about the amount of rookies/JAGs we're playing but yet want to get rid of the few solid vets we have....

We get it.....his contract is bloated....Mac is an idiot....but Mosley will play at a pro bowl level for us!

CJ is a beast and we still have folks knocking him!! 

Ummm since Lawrence Taylor isn’t on next years free agent list, CJ Mosley is pretty good.

If he keeps playing like this he will be wearing a Gold Jacket I hope folks realize this!!

CJ is a beast and we still have folks knocking him!! 
Ummm since Lawrence Taylor isn’t on next years free agent list, CJ Mosley is pretty good.
If he keeps playing like this he will be wearing a Gold Jacket I hope folks realize this!!

You have to admit that in the first 2 games "in a new system," he was almost invisible. It could happen to anyone.
The last two games its been great to see him really settle in and play like himself.