2 in a row?

ZachEY

I know “the system” calls for the hot hand at RB.  I’d like to see them run Carter more often. 

Atlanta is more then beatable - They have no running game but Cordelle Patterson has turned into a monster - not sure if it’s him out of the backfield, which killed the jets D today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

I know “the system” calls for the hot hand at RB.  I’d like to see them run Carter more often. 

Atlanta is more then beatable - They have no running game but Cordelle Patterson has turned into a monster - not sure if it’s him out of the backfield, which killed the jets D today.

I thought Coleman was real good today.  Id go with Coleman and Carter moving forward. 

• Upvote 2

Next week is a crapshoot in London.  Atlanta is beatable, so everything will come down to how they react to all the distractions of travel.  That will get them this win.  Aside from that I see 14 wins in a row, easy.  No question.  Period.

• Upvote 1

Objectively speaking, an argument could be made to say they go on a 4 game winning streak. Atlanta, NE, and Indy all suck. The Jets have a legit shot at beating all of them. Cincy is 3-1, but honestly does their record scare anyone? So honestly, I can see the Jets completing a 5 game tear? 5-3 at the half way point?

Atlanta will be a tough game.  Matt Ryan is a crafty veteran and can carve you up if your not careful.

The 2 things we need to do next week to get a win is:

1- Get the offense moving early.  We cant wait 2 quarters to start racking up 1st downs.

2- Get a turnover.  The defense has been playing good but we need to take the ball away and get a short field for this offense.

We do that and we can be 2-3 going into the bye.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He's a rookie, and it's a long season, so i don't have a problem with them limiting his workload so far

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Atlanta will be a tough game.  Matt Ryan is a crafty veteran and can carve you up if your not careful.

The 2 things we need to do next week to get a win is:

1- Get the offense moving early.  We cant wait 2 quarters to start racking up 1st downs.

2- Get a turnover.  The defense has been playing good but we need to take the ball away and get a short field for this offense.

We do that and we can be 2-3 going into the bye.

3- Get after Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is a stiff. He looks awful trying to run the ball. Pretty much exclusively a pocket passer. Force Ryan off his spot, make him throw on the run? knock him down, sack him, etc. Jets win.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

3- Get after Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is a stiff. He looks awful trying to run the ball. Pretty much exclusively a pocket passer. Force Ryan off his spot, make him throw on the run? knock him down, sack him, etc. Jets win.

Agreed.  With the way our dline is playing, we should be all over him all game long.

Just now, ZachEY said:

Oh how the tides change.

We were talking 0-17 not all that long ago.  Now, 4-3?

giphy.gif

Outside of the clowns, no one was talking 0-17.  We love Joe Douglas and understand this is a young team that will take time to gel.  The clowns are hiding in their closets tonight.  Lets enjoy it!

• Sympathy 2

49 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Honestly EY I do not think we have a RB that can play at a level to consistently run the football. Its going to be a big position of need in next years draft/FA along with getting a real number 1 WR I would love to address both needs in the draft but I think grabbing one via FA will be a real possibility due to the money we will have available

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Honestly EY I do not think we have a RB that can play at a level to consistently run the football. Its going to be a big position of need in next years draft/FA along with getting a real number 1 WR I would love to address both needs in the draft but I think grabbing one via FA will be a real possibility due to the money we will have available

I don’t know, but MC was solid today.  I think the line’s deficiencies is the greater issue.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t know, but MC was solid today.  I think the line’s deficiencies is the greater issue.

Michael Carter routinely has to break 2 tackles just to reach the line of scrimmage and people think he's a problem? Get an o-line that will just stop letting guys into the backfield and I honestly think he could be an upper tier RB in this league with his elusiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

i would like our chances better if we were playing in the U.S 

long play ride, all the distractions,. 

Atlanta have that same issue. The game will be outdoors, not in a dome, and knowing UK weather it'll be wet. That should favour us far more than Atlanta.

• Upvote 1

Atlanta running game is on life support. 

Matt Ryan will have to beat us though the air. We need to get pressure, maybe create a turnover. 

Atlanta is not a very good football team but have some playmakers. If Wilson can play turnover football and produce some magic again we can def stack another W

• Upvote 1