Jamison Crowder

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Think so? He’s gone after this year. Moore will take over the slot. JD forced his hand and slashed his contract.  No way he returns here. Not that he’s unappreciated, it’s just he’s better suited to be on a contender at this stage of his career and will earn a better contract elsewhere. 

So if that's true - they need to work Moore back into the offense once he is cleared and when he is ready (if he is ready) - you trade Crowder to a team before the trade deadline... or not..

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

So if that's true - they need to work Moore back into the offense once he is cleared and when he is ready (if he is ready) - you trade Crowder to a team before the trade deadline... or not..

I think thats exactly the plan.  Remember that Moore was a force at Ole Miss and AJ Brown declared he'd be ROY.  Thats not something you'd say if the talent wasnt there and he should know.  So Yea I would trade Crowder.  He'd have seved his purpose and if they could get something for him it's a plus. The WR corp is just a puzzle right now.  Mims is the wrench  in the engine right now but I dont see how this would affect Crowder.  They more than likely need a #1 WR but they have so many other important needs it might be a couple years before they draft one high.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

See what the eagles want for Zach ertz

Honestly, if Ertz is available the Jets should trade for him. There is no way the asking price for a 30 year old TE is prohibitive and it's really tough watching Wilson throw the ball to these guys that do little to help him. Wilson made a couple of bad throws to TEs this past week that I think a competent TE adjusts and catches.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

I agree. Which would have been a huge mistake. We're trying to make a rookie Qb's job easier. Letting Crowder go, wouldn't  have done that.

Agreed, but I also think JD understood the QB market and knew that Crowder and his agent weren't going to get a better deal on the open market. 

Not a fan of playing chicken with a weapon for Wilson, but it is the smart way to operate a franchise long term. 

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, but I also think JD understood the QB market and knew that Crowder and his agent weren't going to get a better deal on the open market. 

Not a fan of playing chicken with a weapon for Wilson, but it is the smart way to operate a franchise long term. 

I disagree. You make exceptions when you're developing  a Qb you expect to be the face of the Franchise