Jump to content

Today’s attendance was 54000


johnnyjet
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I actually enjoyed less fans.  Easy bathroom lines and no traffic leaving lol.  

I have Yankees season tickets and there were many games my seats sat empty since I couldn’t even give them away.  

People have concerns about covid or if there will be covid restrictions.  People’s priorities have also changed after sitting home for a year as well.  The Jets poor performance for the past decade also contribute.  

The place was quiet for most of the first half but the Jets offense played poorly.  Once the Jets finally scored a TD the place was loud and to be honest that might be the loudest it has been since the Patriots game in 2015.  

Agreed, crowd was great yesterday and good observation that it's going to take awhile for things to get back to normal regarding NYC crowds, sizes, spending habits, etc.

SAR I

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I was there. That’s why I posted it. The stadium in a nutshell sucks. It’s a grey drab building.  The “bunting “ is so faded in one end zone it’s not even the green the Jets wear. Lol. There’s not enough green on game day. And I’m sure there not enough blue either when the other team plays there. While it was loud, it could be so much better the 54000 in attendance were heard. Let’s hope the place is packed on Halloween. 

Prob not Gona be good on Halloween. Lots of people need to take their kids trick o treating 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Atlantajet333 said:

I did notice many empty seats in the lower decks on TV. I was unaware of how this stadium was constructed. I mean it's not that old. Maybe they should take some of the money that they have been robbing fans over the years and perform some serious renovations. It's no excuse regardless of the teams performances. I'm glad that I'm no longer up there getting sucked into that crime. Nothing personal to those who are season ticket holders. I used to be one. Traffic was a nightmare. Can't imagine it being better.

Just shut up.  It's a nice building.  I've been to 15+ other NFL stadiums, MetLife is just fine.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday was the first home game I have attended in 3 years, but having been a STH for over 30 years, I don't ever recall seeing so many empty seats for the 2nd home game of the season.

This picture was taken in the 2nd quarter.

Note: The smartest thing they did with the new stadium was to speckle tone the color of the seats. 

IMG_1527.jpg

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PS17 said:

Play better and fans come. I don’t blame people for not going. 

I agree.  It's not even about winning and losing; it is about competing.

Scoring 3 total points in the first half after 3 NFL games is beyond pathetic.  And getting outscored 46-3 in those first 3 games after the 1st half is even more pathetic.

If the Jets continue to play like they did yesterday, then fans should and will come to the stadium.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, PS17 said:

Even if the Jets were good, it’s 2-3 hours each way from Brooklyn via public transit and maybe fractionally faster when I get a ride. And the game day experience at MetLife sucks. If they had a stadium that were more easily accessible (i.e. not in Jersey swampland) I’d probably go to a lot more games. 

Not sure the Jets realized that traffic in this area has gotten exponentially worse since this stadium was built. So not surprising people who might go are less inclined to do so because it is a complete pain in the ass. Add in a crappy stadium and a team that has not had a home playoff game in a generation, well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some other things are hurting not just the Jets, but all live sports. Your TV is now a better experience. Great TVs are very reasonable.  Friend at the game texted me to ask if the PI penalty a t the end of the 4th was valid. If you are at the game, no replay, no putting your DVR to work to look for yourself. Also, how many people have either a phone or a laptop open and running as they watch? Would wager...everybody here? 

And while gambling and fantasy has spurred interest and eyeballs, the double edge is it cuts against rooting for a specific franchise. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Some other things are hurting not just the Jets, but all live sports. Your TV is now a better experience. Great TVs are very reasonable.  Friend at the game texted me to ask if the PI penalty a t the end of the 4th was valid. If you are at the game, no replay, no putting your DVR to work to look for yourself. Also, how many people have either a phone or a laptop open and running as they watch? Would wager...everybody here? 

And while gambling and fantasy has spurred interest and eyeballs, the double edge is it cuts against rooting for a specific franchise. 

Ehh, something to be said about being there with fans is different then a TV.

Lower level you can hear the live hits, even yell at the players if you want. 

Also up in the 300s you can see the whole play develop that way you just cant on TV. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Some other things are hurting not just the Jets, but all live sports. Your TV is now a better experience. Great TVs are very reasonable.  Friend at the game texted me to ask if the PI penalty a t the end of the 4th was valid. If you are at the game, no replay, no putting your DVR to work to look for yourself. Also, how many people have either a phone or a laptop open and running as they watch? Would wager...everybody here? 

And while gambling and fantasy has spurred interest and eyeballs, the double edge is it cuts against rooting for a specific franchise. 

For all the reasons above, I never go to games. God bless those that do and especially those that were pretty loud on Sunday. It definitely helps the team. But I just can't commit 8 hours, especially for a team that disappoints as often as the Jets .

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have been atrocious for 3 years.

They were 0-3 this season and got shutout last week.

54,000 might be considered an accomplishment.

When I lived on LI in the 90's... with FREE tickets I wouldn't go. The Kotite years. 2 Tolls, 3 hours of traffic. I don't blame these people. 54K in my mind is a good showing. We get a winning record, I see it changing.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it's one thing to do the Game Day experience when it's five 20 something guys getting together and going.  Different when you have the family along with kids and wife and have you to be respectable and conscious after the game.  I love going to the games and the live experience is amazing, can't be beat.  BUT, it's a pain in the ass and if the team sucks, why bother?  Get good and it makes the excuses to not be there go away.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ehh, something to be said about being there with fans is different then a TV.

Lower level you can hear the live hits, even yell at the players if you want. 

Also up in the 300s you can see the whole play develop that way you just cant on TV. 

Last night , NBC played Nick Folk's kick clanging the upright around 134 times. Those field mikes pick up a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jet fans are some of the greatest fans walking this planet-53k is HUGE to go watch a zero win team that is very bad especially when the pandemic is still impacting things-

If the jets can become a winning team again fans will be packed in there and LOUD

my biggest gripe is the parking is so poorly run and has been for years-most of those folks "working " make things worse not better

one of the big perks to me about getting good psls was the special parking benefit and easy in and out lane-that was a miserable failure and the Jets then opened up the green lot to everybody-a few times pre covid I got to the game only like an hour before and the lot was full-how could the lot be full when I paid for that green pass-

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Highly discourage this

It's such a disaster getting in 12 or after 

I make it a rule now to get there by 1030 or earlier. Much more relaxing experience. 

definitely a bad idea  getting there late but sometimes u have stuff you need to do on a sunday-I just could  not understand how if I "own" and paid for my parking pass how the lot could be full and I could not park there

we used to get there a few hours before the games-not really to tailgate but just to get a good spot and not have to deal with the lines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I just could  not understand how if I "own" and paid for my parking pass how the lot could be full and I could not park there

Selfish tailgaters.

They take up multiple spots and clog the aisles with their paraphernalia making it impossible for anyone to drive into a spot they paid for.

The biggest beef with MetLife Stadium are the selfish tailgating burping farting drunks and security's inability to keep them in line.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Selfish tailgaters.

They take up multiple spots and clog the aisles with their paraphernalia making it impossible for anyone to drive into a spot they paid for.

The biggest beef with MetLife Stadium are the selfish tailgating burping farting drunks and security's inability to keep them in line.

SAR I

This is not even in the top 15 things wrong with MetLife (you are blind to all of those).

However.... DING DING DING !!!

Another fart post from fart-obsessed SAR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

This is not even in the top 15 things wrong with MetLife (you are blind to all of those).

However.... DING DING DING !!!

Another fart post from fart-obsessed SAR

15 things? I don’t get the beef with metlife 

Its a fairly modern, clean, spacious stadium. They coulda done with about 10k less seats in the upper deck but for the most part it’s a decent stadium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Selfish tailgaters.

They take up multiple spots and clog the aisles with their paraphernalia making it impossible for anyone to drive into a spot they paid for.

The biggest beef with MetLife Stadium are the selfish tailgating burping farting drunks and security's inability to keep them in line.

SAR I

All tailgaters should not be judged in the same light. Most are respectful folks who set up a little grill in the back of their car with some seats. No issues. Some set up a tent in the authorized areas on the mediums. No issues.

Yes unfortunately some think they can commandeer 3 parking spots with all their sh*t and it’s just really selfish. Prob cheat on their taxes too 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

15 things? I don’t get the beef with metlife 

Its a fairly modern, clean, spacious stadium. They coulda done with about 10k seats in the upper deck but for the most part it’s a decent stadium

In terms of sitting in your seat and watching a football game (which is admittedly reason 1, 2 and 3 why I'm there every week), it's not the worst stadium.  The sightlines are good and the field is aesthetically pleasing.  For literally everything else, it's decidedly below average.  And any complete discussion of the pro's and con's of MetLife Stadium has to account for the fact that it cost $1.6 billion to build (I don't wanna hear anything about NJ materials costs, please spare me) and is not an absolute palace / crown jewel.  My perspective (which is perhaps best understood knowing that I sit in the 200's)...

CONS:

  1. Ingress / egress:  11 years later, and this is still a trainwreck.  Getting to the 200's requires trips up two separate escalators, and to get to the second escalator (when there is any kind of crowd at all) they make you wrap around the inner concourse.  When a game ends the backup on the escalators, as well as the ramps and the stairs, are unbelievably clogged.  Takes 20 minutes minimum to get out.  I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that they didn't want the escalators "sticking out" like they did at Giants Stadium, where the escalators/spirals (RIP spirals) would get you out super fast.
  2. No retractable roof:  I still can't believe this, for $1.6 billion.
  3. It looks like a toaster.  Has been discussed ad nauseum, and who really cares for watching a football game.  But contrasted against SoFi Stadium, Allegiant Stadium, and others, our stadium is pukeworthy.
  4. Due to the club sections, if you sit in the 200's, you can't walk around the entire stadium in the concourse.  You have to go upstairs or downstairs, walk around, and then walk back up or down into the 200's.  It's absurd that there's not even a hallway or whatever.  Relatedly, the stadium is too club/corporate focused, which is not unique to MetLife.
  5. Upper tier seats are reminiscent of sitting in the upper tier at Shea.  So high.  Giants Stadium 300's was way better.
  6. The concession stands are, at best, inconsistent.  The lower level near the MetLife Central / Verizon entrance has some nice stuff, but elsewhere it's total garbage.
  7. Speaking of Verizon, anyone notice how the reception in the parking lot has been hot garbage this year?  Has made for a nightmare with digital tickets for a lot of people, from what I've noticed.
  8. The "in-game program" over the PA speaker.  SAR has agreed with me on this in the past, re: the "over-stimulation" over the PA system.  I will say that, in a pleasant twist, they have improved things so far this year simply by turning the volume down.
  9. $14 beers.  Not unique, but sucks.
  10. The Jets suck.
  11. The Giants play there.
  12. PSL's.  Especially in sections like mine where they charged you for one and now you can get into the same section without one.  Absolute bullsh*t.

PROS

  1. Good sightlines and field looks nice.
  2. Location
  3. Bathrooms could be worse
  4. Team store is nice
  5. The "Modelo Bar" or whatever it's called now is nice

tl;dr:  MetLife mostly sucks but I go there anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

In terms of sitting in your seat and watching a football game (which is admittedly reason 1, 2 and 3 why I'm there every week), it's not the worst stadium.  The sightlines are good and the field is aesthetically pleasing.  For literally everything else, it's decidedly below average.  And any complete discussion of the pro's and con's of MetLife Stadium has to account for the fact that it cost $1.6 billion to build (I don't wanna hear anything about NJ materials costs, please spare me) and is not an absolute palace / crown jewel.  My perspective (which is perhaps best understood knowing that I sit in the 200's)...

CONS:

  1. Ingress / egress:  11 years later, and this is still a trainwreck.  Getting to the 200's requires trips up two separate escalators, and to get to the second escalator (when there is any kind of crowd at all) they make you wrap around the inner concourse.  When a game ends the backup on the escalators, as well as the ramps and the stairs, are unbelievably clogged.  Takes 20 minutes minimum to get out.  I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that they didn't want the escalators "sticking out" like they did at Giants Stadium, where the escalators/spirals (RIP spirals) would get you out super fast.
  2. No retractable roof:  I still can't believe this, for $1.6 billion.
  3. It looks like a toaster.  Has been discussed ad nauseum, and who really cares for watching a football game.  But contrasted against SoFi Stadium, Allegiant Stadium, and others, our stadium is pukeworthy.
  4. Due to the club sections, if you sit in the 200's, you can't walk around the entire stadium in the concourse.  You have to go upstairs or downstairs, walk around, and then walk back up or down into the 200's.  It's absurd that there's not even a hallway or whatever.  Relatedly, the stadium is too club/corporate focused, which is not unique to MetLife.
  5. Upper tier seats are reminiscent of sitting in the upper tier at Shea.  So high.  Giants Stadium 300's was way better.
  6. The concession stands are, at best, inconsistent.  The lower level near the MetLife Central / Verizon entrance has some nice stuff, but elsewhere it's total garbage.
  7. Speaking of Verizon, anyone notice how the reception in the parking lot has been hot garbage this year?  Has made for a nightmare with digital tickets for a lot of people, from what I've noticed.
  8. The "in-game program" over the PA speaker.  SAR has agreed with me on this in the past, re: the "over-stimulation" over the PA system.  I will say that, in a pleasant twist, they have improved things so far this year simply by turning the volume down.
  9. $14 beers.  Not unique, but sucks.
  10. The Jets suck.
  11. The Giants play there.
  12. PSL's.  Especially in sections like mine where they charged you for one and now you can get into the same section without one.  Absolute bullsh*t.

PROS

  1. Good sightlines and field looks nice.
  2. Location
  3. Bathrooms could be worse
  4. Team store is nice
  5. The "Modelo Bar" or whatever it's called now is nice

tl;dr:  MetLife mostly sucks but I go there anyway.

1) I’m not lazy I walk the steps to the 300s from Pepsi gate around 1230. Never any issues.

2) I don’t want a roof. Open air stadiums like it should be. Roofs will grow out of style in post Covid America 

3) I really don’t care about this. Not about the Instagram selfies for me. It’s about the game inside 

4)ok maybe have a point here  

5)Yes it’s high. As I said could do with about 10k less upper deck 

6) Disagree here they are right outside my section in the 300s. Like the value beer selection. Don’t get to ripped off that way 

7) don’t have Verizon so wouldn’t  know 

8 ok maybe 

9) value beers my friend and pre gaming is your friend 

10) cute 

11) doesn’t bother me like it bothers some

12) PSLs can be problematic at times 

As you mentioned the view ability is good, the field is well maintained and right off 95 for a fan base that’s all over. Jersey, SI Brooklyn Queens LI upstate PA etc

It’s not a top 5 stadium but call me crazy I’m content. They could fix the exiting the parking lot situation tho 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

1) I’m not lazy I walk the steps to the 300s from Pepsi gate around 1230. Never any issues.

2) I don’t want a roof. Open air stadiums like it should be. Roofs will grow out of style in post Covid America 

3) I really don’t care about this. Not about the Instagram selfies for me. It’s about the game inside 

4)ok maybe have a point here  

5)Yes it’s high. As I said could do with about 10k less upper deck 

6) Disagree here they are right outside my section in the 300s. Like the value beer selection. Don’t get to ripped off that way 

7) don’t have Verizon so wouldn’t  know 

8 ok maybe 

9) value beers my friend and pre gaming is your friend 

10) cute 

11) doesn’t bother me like it bothers some

12) PSLs can be problematic at times 

As you mentioned the view ability is good, the field is well maintained and right off 95 for a fan base that’s all over. Jersey, SI Brooklyn Queens LI upstate PA etc

It’s not a top 5 stadium but call me crazy I’m content. They could fix the exiting the parking lot situation tho 

Getting in is not that much of a problem.  I also try to go in around 12:30, so you have some control there.   Getting out though, is a ******* nightmare.  If there was ever, God forbid, a bigtime emergency in that stadium, it would be a catastrophe.

Re: #3, like I said, I'm there to watch football.  But it's undeniable that the stadium's fugliness adds to the absurdity of the price tag.  I'm old enough to remember when they told us that the exterior lights would evoke comparisons to Allianz Arena in Munich.  Instead we got.... I don't even know what.

8 Allianz Arena ideas | arena, allianz, bayern

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Getting in is not that much of a problem.  I also try to go in around 12:30, so you have some control there.   Getting out though, is a ******* nightmare.  If there was ever, God forbid, a bigtime emergency in that stadium, it would be a catastrophe.

Re: #3, like I said, I'm there to watch football.  But it's undeniable that the stadium's fugliness adds to the absurdity of the price tag.  I'm old enough to remember when they told us that the exterior lights would evoke comparisons to Allianz Arena in Munich.  Instead we got.... I don't even know what.

8 Allianz Arena ideas | arena, allianz, bayern

Ny Jets Nfl GIF by New York Jets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

jet fans are some of the greatest fans walking this planet-53k is HUGE to go watch a zero win team that is very bad especially when the pandemic is still impacting things-

If the jets can become a winning team again fans will be packed in there and LOUD

my biggest gripe is the parking is so poorly run and has been for years-most of those folks "working " make things worse not better

one of the big perks to me about getting good psls was the special parking benefit and easy in and out lane-that was a miserable failure and the Jets then opened up the green lot to everybody-a few times pre covid I got to the game only like an hour before and the lot was full-how could the lot be full when I paid for that green pass-

The parking situation in the meadowlands has always been a horror show going back to the 90’s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, PS17 said:

Even if the Jets were good, it’s 2-3 hours each way from Brooklyn via public transit and maybe fractionally faster when I get a ride. And the game day experience at MetLife sucks. If they had a stadium that were more easily accessible (i.e. not in Jersey swampland) I’d probably go to a lot more games. 

How long does it take you to get to Shea via public transport?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...