Today’s attendance was 54000

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

All tailgaters should not be judged in the same light. Most are respectful folks who set up a little grill in the back of their car with some seats. No issues. Some set up a tent in the authorized areas on the mediums. No issues.

Yes unfortunately some think they can commandeer 3 parking spots with all their sh*t and it’s just really selfish. Prob cheat on their taxes too 

They should start charging tailgaters who take up two spots 

19 hours ago, Atlantajet333 said:

I did notice many empty seats in the lower decks on TV. I was unaware of how this stadium was constructed. I mean it's not that old. Maybe they should take some of the money that they have been robbing fans over the years and perform some serious renovations. It's no excuse regardless of the teams performances. I'm glad that I'm no longer up there getting sucked into that crime. Nothing personal to those who are season ticket holders. I used to be one. Traffic was a nightmare. Can't imagine it being better.

Someone with the handle “Atlanta”jets complaining about traffic is funny.  
Atlanta traffic sucks from my memory

3 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

The parking situation in the meadowlands has always been a horror show going back to the 90’s

I was in and out of Giants Stadium in 10-15 minutes for 25 years.  It took me 20 minutes to get in at 10 am  and 30-40 minutes to get out of MetLife. The traffic patterns in the new stadium are an absolute disaster and a nightmare.  Cars go in every direction creating intersections with no signals and the moronic stadium crew to direct traffic.  Add in the ridiculous color coded parking pass system and every car has to stop 3-4 times on the way in to show their pass and ask directions.  In Giants stadium, it was first come first serve for parking and most roads in were one way only.  On the way out, the new stadium does what should be done on the way in - it blocks off roads and forces tons of traffic to single roads out of the stadium, creating massive traffic back ups.  It is just awful.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Selfish tailgaters.

They take up multiple spots and clog the aisles with their paraphernalia making it impossible for anyone to drive into a spot they paid for.

The biggest beef with MetLife Stadium are the selfish tailgating burping farting drunks and security's inability to keep them in line.

SAR I

It's your beef.  You sound like the people in the Progressive commercial training not to be like their parents. There are many things wrong with the stadium.  The few tailgaters taking up multiple spots is NOT high on the list.  

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

I hear ya. I was stuck in traffic and put in Brooklyn in my GPS for sh*ts and giggles and it was a 2 hour drive although it was only 15 miles. 

I live in Allentown, PA and it takes me two hours to get home. If I lived closer, I would go to every game but I try to go to 3 or 4 a year. Being a season ticket holder makes zero sense to me. 

So many NYers moving to PA

Whats your review?

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I was in and out of Giants Stadium in 10-15 minutes for 25 years.  It took me 20 minutes to get in at 10 am  and 30-40 minutes to get out of MetLife. The traffic patterns in the new stadium are an absolute disaster and a nightmare.  Cars go in every direction creating intersections with no signals and the moronic stadium crew to direct traffic.  Add in the ridiculous color coded parking pass system and every car has to stop 3-4 times on the way in to show their pass and ask directions.  In Giants stadium, it was first come first serve for parking and most roads in were one way only.  On the way out, the new stadium does what should be done on the way in - it blocks off roads and forces tons of traffic to single roads out of the stadium, creating massive traffic back ups.  It is just awful.  

I used to live in Seattle.  To go to Seahawks games if you lived in the city you could walk from your apt

The meadowlands is a horrible place to watch sports.  It’s in the middle of nowhere, hard to get to and depressing  that’s why the nets and devils both got out of there

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Selfish tailgaters.

They take up multiple spots and clog the aisles with their paraphernalia making it impossible for anyone to drive into a spot they paid for.

The biggest beef with MetLife Stadium are the selfish tailgating burping farting drunks and security's inability to keep them in line.

SAR I

This only impacts people who were at the game in person on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I found that the parking lot was a breeze. I pulled in at 8:04am, no traffic and I pulled right up to the gate and parked.

After the game we waited an hour and a half and got right out. I fail to see a problem here.  :)

On my personal calendar I put the game day down (1pm games) as blocked off from 7am to 7pm lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Selfish tailgaters.

SAR I

You must be an interesting conversation at a cocktail party. You sound like one of those Progressive commercial caricatures. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

This only impacts people who were at the game in person on Sunday.

I was there.  Lot E as usual.  Had to arrive no later than 10:30 even though I don't tailgate, as usual. 

Sitting there in the car for an hour, we witnessed a van of 6 people show up, one of those large upright vans, New York plates.  Took up 1 whole parking spot.  Then they put tables out behind it, took up another whole parking spot.  Then they put chairs out, took up 2 more whole parking spots, and then put up a tent whose legs went into 2 more parking spots.

That's 6 parking spots for 1 small tailgate.  And that's why I have to leave my house 3 hours before kickoff even though we don't tailgate and would prefer to pull in at noon.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

You must be an interesting conversation at a cocktail party. You sound like one of those Progressive commercial caricatures. 

I'm the normal one, remember that.

People who eat a BBQ dinner at 9am?  People who get so drunk they can't even remember the game they're attending?  People who burp and fart on others?  People who urinate on others' cars?  People who throw footballs and dent other's vehicles?  People who use foul language in front of children?  People who stumble into the game halfway through the first quarter and leave early in the fourth?  People getting up down up down to drink and piss and drink and piss and bother others?  People so lonely that they need to treat a parking lot like Match.com?  

It's a football game.  Not a sports bar.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

People who eat a BBQ dinner at 9am?  People who get so drunk they can't even remember the game they're attending?  People who burp and fart on others?  People who urinate on others' cars?  People who throw footballs and dent other's vehicles?  People who use foul language in front of children?  People who stumble into the game halfway through the first quarter and leave early in the fourth?  People getting up down up down to drink and piss and drink and piss and bother others?  People so lonely that they need to treat a parking lot like Match.com?  

SAR I

Normal? ?

People that try portray their self worth by supposed property possessions on a web site of mostly strangers?

It's a football website. Not a d!ck measuring contest.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

There’s Easton, PA that is so close to NJ/NY. They rather buy a cheaper house and make the commute from Easton, PA to either NJ/NY. 

That is a monster commute

i can’t imagine dealing with 80/76 traffic during rush hour going the distance the the Delaware Water Gap everyday.  I’d rather drink drano

37 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

That is a monster commute

i can’t imagine dealing with 80/76 traffic during rush hour going the distance the the Delaware Water Gap everyday.  I’d rather drink drano

I wouldn’t do that commute either but I know the housing market in NJ/NY is just ridiculous. 

You can get a 4 bedroom house in Allentown for 80 to 120K. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Another fart post!   I swear this guy goes around sniffing for a-holes.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I was there.  Lot E as usual.  Had to arrive no later than 10:30 even though I don't tailgate, as usual. 

Sitting there in the car for an hour, we witnessed a van of 6 people show up, one of those large upright vans, New York plates.  Took up 1 whole parking spot.  Then they put tables out behind it, took up another whole parking spot.  Then they put chairs out, took up 2 more whole parking spots, and then put up a tent whose legs went into 2 more parking spots.

That's 6 parking spots for 1 small tailgate.  And that's why I have to leave my house 3 hours before kickoff even though we don't tailgate and would prefer to pull in at noon.

SAR I

Absolutely going to silly string the 2007 5-series in Lot E next game.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is a pretty spot on description of Thanksgiving at my house.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

as blocked off from 7am to 7pm lol.

Smart man. I tell my family its literally only 8 days out of a 365 day year I need to myself lol Its a daytrip for sure if you want to do it right. 

I learned my lessons years ago about fighting traffic. Not for me. And you dont have to if you dont want to. If your going to a game dont expect it to only take 3 hours of your life. 

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I wouldn’t do that commute either but I know the housing market in NJ/NY is just ridiculous. 

You can get a 4 bedroom house in Allentown for 80 to 120K. 

Yes, go to South Jersey, eastern pa, northern DE, and even know folks moving all the way to Orange County NY.

Hard for a working guy to buy a house in the NY market. Especially when you know you get a new construction 4 BR for less then half in some of these places. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

I used to live in Seattle.  To go to Seahawks games if you lived in the city you could walk from your apt

The meadowlands is a horrible place to watch sports.  It’s in the middle of nowhere, hard to get to and depressing  that’s why the nets and devils both got out of there

This isn't Seattle, a mid size city, its NY, a complete monster of a city. We been through this before, there is no room to put 80k parking spots and a stadium in the city. We tried, it wasn't ever working. Being right off 95 is just fine. You can still take the train. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:25 PM, kevinc855 said:

Well I was there and so was many loyal Jet fans. 

Asahme how quickly people quit 

I was there at the JN tailgate and screamed so much I could hardly speak afterwards. Great game and good sitting next to my fellow JetNation Bro's

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Flipside, it can be a great bonding and family tradition for a family. I know it has been with my parents, brothers, nieces and nephews joining me. I am sure @Maxman will agree. Having been doing TailgateJoe since 2019 I have seen people grow older together and seen what started as a dad bringing a small child become a dad bringing his college son who came home for the weekend just to spend game day with dad. For a few extra bucks you can turn an expensive 3 hour game into a bigger day spent outside in the fall weather, bonding with family away from the distractions of video games and all the other nonsense. As the kids get older it gets harder to get them to want to hang with the parents, this is one of those ways to do it.

Sure there are tailgate groups made up of young or old guys that maybe go a little too hard on the beer, but the majority are families and friends enjoying each other's company. My own party is a great mix of ages with everyone feeling safe and comfortable and having a great time, because that is the way I present and control the party. My food pretty damn good, better than anything you can get in the stadium by a mile, and between the DJ, corn hole, beer pong, and my surly yet hilarious mom, there is fun for everyone.

I know your troll game on here, lol, but maybe come check it out one day? I'm in lot E.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Normal? ?

People that try portray their self worth by supposed property possessions on a web site of mostly strangers?

It's a football website. Not a d!ck measuring contest.

What does that have anything to do with tailgaters taking up 6 parking spots?

I'm not the one acting entitled here; they are.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You should try bringing a light snack, a delightful seltzer  and listen to some relaxing Music while waiting instead. Just a thought. 

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You should try bringing a light snack, a delightful seltzer  and listen to some relaxing Music while waiting instead. Just a thought. 

It is unfair that a paying customer with premium parking passes still has to arrive 2+ hours before kickoff simply because he won't be let in to a parking lot that he has paid for a spot in because a bunch of selfish drunks are taking up multiple parking spots.

That guy on Sunday across from me took up 6 parking spots.  That means he sent 5 families to remote lots all the way by Pegasus so he could eat a hot dog.  Does he think about that?  Does he care?  Does it matter to him that my son and I couldn't go to his ice hockey game on Sunday because even though it ended at 11:30 I knew it would mean I couldn't get in Lot E at 12:00?  Nope.  F-them.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

How despicable!! Did you alert MetLife security with your season ticket holder button?

I remember being in Giants stadium with a young SAR I about 14 years ago. And young SAR I was encouraging young female Jets fans to raise their shirts at the gate d spiral lol mr perfect tsk tsk

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What does that have anything to do with tailgaters taking up 6 parking spots?

I'm not the one acting entitled here; they are.

SAR I

If have you not learned in life that others sometimes inconvenience your own priorities, well then I commend you because you have  indeed lived a privileged life.  

I do hope this one is of your tongue in cheek kind of trolling on a slow day at the office.