Today’s attendance was 54000

On 10/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Interesting. It sounded loud on TV and didn't seem empty when they showed shots of the stands -- seemed like it was almost an unusually enthusiastic group of Jets fans every time they cut to it. Guess that's what happens when you look competitive for the first time all season.

This is probably the game I would have gone to if the wife weren't pregnant

Congrats to all !!!

• Sympathy 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I was in and out of Giants Stadium in 10-15 minutes for 25 years.  It took me 20 minutes to get in at 10 am  and 30-40 minutes to get out of MetLife. The traffic patterns in the new stadium are an absolute disaster and a nightmare.  Cars go in every direction creating intersections with no signals and the moronic stadium crew to direct traffic.  Add in the ridiculous color coded parking pass system and every car has to stop 3-4 times on the way in to show their pass and ask directions.  In Giants stadium, it was first come first serve for parking and most roads in were one way only.  On the way out, the new stadium does what should be done on the way in - it blocks off roads and forces tons of traffic to single roads out of the stadium, creating massive traffic back ups.  It is just awful.  

DAMN 

I can't see what they can do about this??

It's time for the TRUST BABY JOHNSON to shell out some of that fine dough.

HA HA just kidding 

They dont give a F as long as the TV money keeps flooding into their coffers.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, hungry jackson said:

DAMN 

I can't see what they can do about this??

It's time for the TRUST BABY JOHNSON to shell out some of that fine dough.

HA HA just kidding 

They dont give a F as long as the TV money keeps flooding into their coffers.

I called the Jets many times the past 10 years about the parking.  MetLife stadium staff makes the rules and the traffic patters, not the Jets.  So the Johnsons are not to blame. It still comes back to the crap facility.  

29 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I called the Jets many times the past 10 years about the parking.  MetLife stadium staff makes the rules and the traffic patters, not the Jets.  So the Johnsons are not to blame. It still comes back to the crap facility.  

It's a fine facility, it's just that they don't take advantage of the options they have.

Like forcing all ground traffic at the Verizon gate to use the pedestrian bridge over the access road instead of allowing them to cross it and cause major delays in all the lots.

Like creating a tailgate-free parking lot that doesn't close until 1:01.

Like hiring burly security guards to enforce the one-spot-per-car rule on greedy, selfish tailgaters.

SAR I

7 hours ago, hungry jackson said:

Correct

SAD

Fans have had enough of this sorry team.

I was there though.

Season tickets have never crossed my mind. I would much rather hand pick the 3-5 games I want to go to every year. 

If this team ever gets so good that season tickets are going to be even more expensive, I will gladly pay the inflated price. As of right now, I cannot fully dedicate an entire day just to watch them play in person on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

If this team ever gets so good that season tickets are going to be even more expensive, I will gladly pay the inflated price. As of right now, I cannot fully dedicate an entire day just to watch them play in person on Sunday. 

Until they make a playoff game and you really wish you had to or more tickets in your account at the NFL asking pice for those playoff tickets and god forbid they're putting season ticket holders in the SB pool.

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

MetLife Stadium Company LLC is a 50/50 joint venture owned by the Jets and Giants.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's a fine facility, it's just that they don't take advantage of the options they have.

Like forcing all ground traffic at the Verizon gate to use the pedestrian bridge over the access road instead of allowing them to cross it and cause major delays in all the lots.

Like creating a tailgate-free parking lot that doesn't close until 1:01.

Like hiring burly security guards to enforce the one-spot-per-car rule on greedy, selfish tailgaters.

SAR I

We know you have a bug up your butt on tailgating, but unless and until the stadium has enough sit down dining for everybody and not just the BMW club seat crowd, people need to tailgate in order to avoid headaches and stress arriving and entering the stadium on time. It is not the tailgating that causes the traffic issues, it is the design of the lots (too many intersections and two-four way traffic patterns) and the color coded parking system that is at fault (people have to show their pass 3-4 times and cross 3-4 intersections to even get to a parking spot.  A few tailgate free lots and the one spot per person rule won't make it easier to get in - and particularly out of - the stadium.  

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

We know you have a bug up your butt on tailgating, but unless and until the stadium has enough sit down dining for everybody and not just the BMW club seat crowd, people need to tailgate in order to avoid headaches and stress arriving and entering the stadium on time. It is not the tailgating that causes the traffic issues, it is the design of the lots (too many intersections and two-four way traffic patterns) and the color coded parking system that is at fault (people have to show their pass 3-4 times and cross 3-4 intersections to even get to a parking spot.  A few tailgate free lots and the one spot per person rule won't make it easier to get in - and particularly out of - the stadium.  

Fair enough, that's all true.  Good post.  

But things are exacerbated by tailgaters who take up multiple spots.  It makes an already challenging situation more challenging.

SAR I