You Gotta be kidding me!

I don't know if it's  the WR's or when and where Zack is throwing the ball but I would like to see receivers not diving for ball and not running out of bounds. On the last play he showed, the receiver  was open as soon as he made his cut to the sideline and I understand the design was basically an out route but if the receiver  stayed in bounds, that was probably  a TD. 

• Upvote 1

The 3rd and 2 pass to Cole was, IMO, more impressive- especially under the circumstance. 

That was a big time throw with the game on the line perfect pass.  
Seems to feel comfortable with that route...I think he hit berrios two weeks ago on the same throw

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

People don’t realize that one Wilson’s super powers is his ability to diagnose a play pre snap and quickly make a decision based on what the coverage does. Once he sees more NFL reps and gets comfortable doing that at this level he will be special. Wilson is a very cerebral player, just listen to him in his post game conference. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The 3rd and 2 pass to Cole was, IMO, more impressive- especially under the circumstance. 

That was a big time throw with the game on the line perfect pass.  

Agree completely. 3rd and 2 in OT so the corner takes away the short route and Zach drops a 30 yard dime along the sideline. Miss that pass and have to punt and the Titans more than likely win the game with a field goal. How many times in the Darnold years do we make a game winning type play like that? That kind of play is really encouraging. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Pichula said:

People don’t realize that one Wilson’s super powers is his ability to diagnose a play pre snap and quickly make a decision based on what the coverage does. Once he sees more NFL reps and gets comfortable doing that at this level he will be special. Wilson is a very cerebral player, just listen to him in his post game conference. 

Yup.

He knows what he's doing, just a complicated system that requires tremendous timing - that will come.  The adversity he's had to deal with so far is amazing...For him to have showed up the way he did and not get down after another huge drop and anothe INT cause by his WR's is just so impressive.

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

Agree completely. 3rd and 2 in OT so the corner takes away the short route and Zach drops a 30 yard dime along the sideline. Miss that pass and have to punt and the Titans more than likely win the game with a field goal. How many times in the Darnold years do we make a game winning type play like that? That kind of play is really encouraging. 

And by the way, that was from the pocket.

• Upvote 1

this game was won for three big reasons.  no. 1, wilson isn't darnold.  noot taking away too much from darnold but i don't believe he wins this game.  the second big thing is they had their good receivers out there.  crowder made a huge difference by taking some heat off davis and cole.  it's plenty obvious crowder is better than berrios.  there really wasn't any disputing that.  thirdly, the defense did make some key stops and put some good pressure on tannehill. tennesee's last td drive wasn't pretty and shouldn't have happened but tennesee is a really good team.  they've done this many times.

• Upvote 2

What I also find interesting here, according to this guy (and I have no idea who he is - or if he's right or wrong) but the throw to ice the game...wasn't really a matter of a him not being accurate but just a miscommunication.  

In other words, it wasn't a bad throw -  the throw went where he wanted, he expected the receive to be there.  He misjudged where the receiver was going to be.  If that's the case, still not great but far less worrisome, that's stuff that they'll work out as they play more together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Simple I was a keep Sam Darnold get more draft picks guy…

I WAS WRONG! WRONG….WRONG!!!

This dude is a potential beast and people trying to bring him down is nuts!!

And as the video pointed out what a play!!

i gave you the " post of the week " for saying something nobody wants to and few will...

I WAS WRONG.

there should be many saying that by December, who jumped ship on this team after 3 weeks but few if any will.

congrats to you my man!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

this game was won for three big reasons.  no. 1, wilson isn't darnold.  noot taking away too much from darnold but i don't believe he wins this game.  the second big thing is they had their good receivers out there.  crowder made a huge difference by taking some heat off davis and cole.  it's plenty obvious crowder is better than berrios.  there really wasn't any disputing that.  thirdly, the defense did make some key stops and put some good pressure on tannehill. tennesee's last td drive wasn't pretty and shouldn't have happened but tennesee is a really good team.  they've done this many times.

Darnold couldnt make those deep throws or at least he didnt here. and by seeing Robbies numbers it dont look like hes doing it there either.

i cant remember when we had a QB who can not only throw deep but complete the pass.

and Crowder makes a huge difference. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Is exactly what I screamed after the TD where Zach pointed to Davis for a bomb.  Well, it’s even better on the all 22, when you see where his receivers were positioned before the throw.  This is some high level stuff.  

I was screaming, for Zach to just run it -- thought he had an easy 6-8 yard scramble on first down.  Definitely one of those "no, no, NO,  YES!!!" plays for me

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Some people are already pot-committed to Zach being a bad QB so no matter what he does, they'll sh*t on it. I would think it's sad if I didn't think it was so ******* funny.

Wilson does better in a spread set with more passing targets and wider windows.  He'd be great in a modernized version of the Pardee offense.  Wislon is a bit of a fish out of water in a tight set.  

• WTF? 1

We all need to remember this was one game. So far we have had a few three bad games and one amazingly great half.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out. I really hope that ZW can build on this game and plays at a really high level. I'm also fully aware that he's a rookie and he will continue to make mistakes.

All that to say, don't let the mistakes get you too low, nor the great plays get you too high.

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It was an incredible play. Great read and an even better throw.

Some genuine idiocy in the game thread from guys looking to trash Zach talking about "hero ball" and throwing into double coverage. The usual suspects. 

Zach throws this precisely because he sees that it's single coverage. 

Yes, the CB was cheating up the sideline and not in position to make a play from that side, and the Safety was on the other side not in position to affect the throw to Davis. It was a good read by Zack.