SNY post game

tfine

Thought the analysis of the win was pretty terrible. You would think they lost. Bart Scott acted like Zach was a 3 year veteran and should’ve played this flawless game. No mention of the young secondary playing well. QW sacks we’re just because of someone else was playing well. Were not impressed with Zachs throws. Just a terrible job overall. “Home of the Jets”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, tfine said:

Thought the analysis of the win was pretty terrible. You would think they lost. Bart Scott acted like Zach was a 3 year veteran and should’ve played this flawless game. No mention of the young secondary playing well. QW sacks we’re just because of someone else was playing well. Were not impressed with Zachs throws.

One of the more telling statements was when they basically said that if any player got hurt after Wilson failed to ice the game with a couple of his missed throws late (Davis on 3rd down/Griffin by the EZ in OT) that it would be on him. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch it but I think I get the sentiment. Reality is we were a 1 win team least year and any flashes of success/improvement should be cheered. At the same time, we were very close to losing that game a few times and there were a number of shoot yourself in the foot moments that luckily we got bailed out of. I would love a nice convincing win against a solid team that's fully healthy but a w is a w and I'll take it. 

Bart either decided or is being coached that hot takes is how you do it.

I thought they were spot on. It was a win, but there is stuff to clean up. Self scouting doesn't end because the team wins. There was lots to improve upon. I thought there observation that Huff was failing to help out his LBs by not chipping RBs that past right by him was important to their point that doing all of the little things that help your teammates is how the whole team improves its performance.  
Bart is talking to fans, not the team. Nobody on the Jets is listening to his post game. I'd be surprised, with the direction he's decided to take his career, if the players and coaches think of him as anything more than the sports equivalent of a shock jock.

It's a shame because, as you mention re: Huff, between the rants he actually sneaks in some insightful commentary.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

So if Bullock makes that kick in OT or worse - if the TE hung on to that pass inside the 10 and the Titans win in OT - would that analysis be any more or less accurate?

The Jets could have put that game away several times in the 4th quarter and OT and failed to do so.

Victory is a great deodorant but let's be realistic about what happened yesterday

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, isired said:

Bart either decided or is being coached that hot takes is how you do it.

Bart is talking to fans, not the team. Nobody on the Jets is listening to his post game. I'd be surprised, with the direction he's decided to take his career, if the players and coaches think of him as anything more than the sports equivalent of a shock jock.

It's a shame because, as you mention re: Huff, between the rants he actually sneaks in some insightful commentary.

I agree that Bart is more concerned about his "performance" in his new career, but when he talks about specific plays, he is always insightful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Funny, the Pats lost last night and have the same record as the Jets. In fact, the only team they beat was the 'lowly Jets'. Last week, all they could talk about is what a dumpster fire the Jets are. Now, being 1-3 and only beating the Jets, they are a playoff caliber team and a HOF QB. This is what they are saying about a team that just lost last night - and it is because BB decided to not go for it with 4th and 3. Mac Jones is the future :-)

The Jets media has the opposite attitude; Jets sneak out a win in OT and they are still crap. 

Pats 1-3; with a very good/great defensive secondary and a very experienced OC; only team beat is a 1-3 team; only win against a dumpster fire in the 2nd week - playoff bound

Jets 1-3; beat a 2-1 team and they are dumpster fire. Got to love it.

In reality, I only watch the post game show to get the interviews with the Jets - which btw, were great. Yeah, we won, but we have a lot of work to do. I got those Sacks and Tackles because DL did their job. I love hearing that.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

One of the more telling statements was when they basically said that if any player got hurt after Wilson failed to ice the game with a couple of his missed throws late (Davis on 3rd down/Griffin by the EZ in OT) that it would be on him. 

that's a harsh statemetn.  it's not as if wilson wasn't trying.  you're talking about a rookie qb's 4th game of his career.  how about calling a better play on 3rd and goal from the 1 in OT.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Funny, the Pats lost last night and have the same record as the Jets. In fact, the only team they beat was the 'lowly Jets'. Last week, all they could talk about is what a dumpster fire the Jets are. Now, being 1-3 and only beating the Jets, they are a playoff caliber team and a HOF QB. This is what they are saying about a team that just lost last night - and it is because BB decided to not go for it with 4th and 3. Mac Jones is the future :-)

The Jets media has the opposite attitude; Jets sneak out a win in OT and they are still crap. 

Pats 1-3; with a very good/great defensive secondary and a very experienced OC; only team beat is a 1-3 team; only win against a dumpster fire in the 2nd week - playoff bound

In reality, I only watch the post game show to get the interviews with the Jets - which btw, were great. Yeah, we won, but we have a lot of work to do. I got those Sacks and Tackles because DL did their job. I love hearing that.

The great Miami Dolphins are 1-3 also 

Tua is a BUM

you love to see it

Just now, bostonmajet said:

i think the jet beat folks are so conditioned to criticize the team that they couldn't appreciate all the good yesterday.  too bad.  lots of young guys played well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I kinda thought the same thing but I also understood their points. The Jets were lucky they won. But the team is a young team, playing against a better team, so who really cares at the end of the day. They won and it was fun.

It's better to learn from your mistakes and missed opportunities after a win than it is after a loss. 

Jets needed a win in the worst way and they got it. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So if Bullock makes that kick in OT or worse - if the TE hung on to that pass inside the 10 and the Titans win in OT - would that analysis be any more or less accurate?

The Jets could have put that game away several times in the 4th quarter and OT and failed to do so.

Victory is a great deodorant but let's be realistic about what happened yesterday

Did you watch the show?

It's not so much that he said the game could have gone either way (btw. that's most NFL games) that is true - Jets could have lost it, but also could have won it many times.

But he spent the first 10 minutes of the show just discussing how bad Zach Wilson played.  Not one positive thing, the entire segment was ZW sucks and if they lost the game it was his fault entirely - like he was legitimately angry with the kid for making plays.  The off-scheduled plays he made were not a good thing but a bad thing.  That's more or less what he said.

It was clearly someone sticking to narrative that he's been holding onto since the off-season.  

Look, I really don't care what he said, but you can't take his analysis seriously. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you watch the show?

It's not so much that he said the game could have gone either way (btw. that's most NFL games) that is true - Jets could have lost it, but also could have won it many times.

But he spent the first 10 minutes of the show just discussing how bad Zach Wilson played.  Not one positive thing, the entire segment was ZW sucks and if they lost the game it was his fault entirely - like he was legitimately angry with the kid for making plays.  The off-scheduled plays he made were not a good thing but a bad thing.  That's more or less what he said.

It was clearly someone sticking to narrative that he's been holding onto since the off-season.  

Look, I really don't care what he said, but you can't take his analysis seriously. 

I watched last night when I got home.

I was surprised that they were as critical as they were - but mainly because I thought they would be more homerish celebrating the dub, not because I disagreed with anything they said. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the jet beat folks are so conditioned to criticize the team that they couldn't appreciate all the good yesterday.  too bad.  lots of young guys played well.

yes. I agree; it is important to note that you are never as good as your last win or as bad as your last loss.

Just now, JiFapono said:

What a bunch of sissies, lol. 

The only point he made that was stupid was that extending plays leads to injuries.  An injury can happen at any time on any snap.   All he said and he's spot on with this take, was he needs to work on the fundamentals (news flash, he does) and make more on schedule plays.  Bart said you cant live and die by off script plays and that Zach cant rely on trying to do it all himself to win.  He said you dont have to do the spectacular, you have to do the routine.  And he's right and it's ok that he's right because its the 4th f'ing game of his career.   He didnt say this game closed the chapter to Zach Wilson's career, he said he'd like to see him play better on schedule from the pocket.  Guess what, we all want this because that's a good thing for the NY Jets. 

guys like mahomes, rodgers, josh allen, lamar jackson, kyler murray, darnold, daniel jones, jalen hurts, russell wilson make off schedule plays all the time.  so is bart scott also saying that kyler murray's style of play is bad for the cardinals?  or is he merely saying that if a jet qb does it, it's bad, but if other qbs do it and throw 50 yard tds, that's good?  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, talisaynon said:

He's just disappointed he didn't make some of those passes that should have closed the game out, like the OT pass to the TE or the pass to Corey Davis that would have been dagger.

I mean he's got a point.

we're all disappointed he didn't make every throw.  but wilson made some great throws, that should be the focus.  not the few he missed.

• Upvote 3

No, SNY crew is 100% correct.

We became the cardiac Jets yet again because we still don't know how to finish a game. 

We kept shooting ourselves in the foot to the point where we had to rely on the wind blowing in just the right direction to seal the win.

Winning teams don't let it get down to that, especially when there were many opportunities to end the game by before OT. 

Just because we won, doesn't negate the ton of improvement still needed.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What a bunch of sissies, lol. 

The only point he made that was stupid was that extending plays leads to injuries.  An injury can happen at any time on any snap.   All he said and he's spot on with this take, was he needs to work on the fundamentals (news flash, he does) and make more on schedule plays.  Bart said you cant live and die by off script plays and that Zach cant rely on trying to do it all himself to win.  He said you dont have to do the spectacular, you have to do the routine.  And he's right and it's ok that he's right because its the 4th f'ing game of his career.   He didnt say this game closed the chapter to Zach Wilson's career, he said he'd like to see him play better on schedule from the pocket.  Guess what, we all want this because that's a good thing for the NY Jets. 

BS, you also have to acknowledge the good too.  He didn't.  He made it pretty clear that the off-scheduled stuff was bad...and ZW deserves no credit for that...That off-scheduled stuff is more harmful than helpful.

Moreover, he made PLENTY of plays from the pocket...plenty.  He missed two big throws, for sure...but he hit on far more than he missed.

His takeaway from that performance was clearly skewed by a man with an agenda.

Again, I don't  really gives a sh*t, but because this a thread here - I'll discuss.  It was a very strange take.

Bring back Ray Lucas!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I watched last night when I got home.

I was surprised that they were as critical as they were - but mainly because I thought they would be more homerish celebrating the dub, not because I disagreed with anything they said. 

So you agree that the off-scheduled stuff..the plays ZW harmed the team more than it helped?

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

guys like mahomes, rodgers, josh allen, lamar jackson, kyler murray, darnold, daniel jones, jalen hurts, russell wilson make off schedule plays all the time.  so is bart scott also saying that kyler murray's style of play is bad for the cardinals?  or is he merely saying that if a jet qb does it, it's bad, but if other qbs do it and throw 50 yard tds, that's good?  

He's saying it's nice to bust that stuff out when you have to but to play more within the offense because that's how you have long term repeatable success and he's right and it's ok he's right because it's the 4th game of Zach Wilson's career.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bring back Ray Lucas!!!!

I miss Ray too. But he maybe the most critical guy that show ever had. He and Westhoff were peak SNY Post Game. 

However, yesterday - as a QB - Ray Ray probably would have Zac's back. Show is now D perspective heavy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

He's saying it's nice to bust that stuff out when you have to but to play more within the offense because that's how you have long term repeatable success and he's right and it's ok he's right because it's the 4th game of Zach Wilson's career.  

in theory i agree.  but playing within the offense the first 3 weeks yielded 20 points and a lot of sacks.