SNY post game

tfine

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you agree that the off-scheduled stuff..the plays ZW harmed the team more than it helped?

Yes and no. They also said they should design plays that play more to ZW's strengths, rolling him out, etc. I agreed with the totality of their criticism, not every single thing they said.

• Upvote 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

Yes and no. They also said they should design plays that play more to ZW's strengths, rolling him out, etc. I agreed with the totality of their criticism, not every single thing they said.

wilson rolled out a lot actually but many times there was a defender right there.  they did try.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

wilson rolled out a lot actually but many times there was a defender right there.  they did try.

true. although I hated the naked boot call at the GL in OT. You pound it up the middle twice 3rd and goal from the 1

• Upvote 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

true. although I hated the naked boot call at the GL in OT. You pound it up the middle twice 3rd and goal from the 1

that was a terrible moronic call.  either pound it in 2x or have him roll out and throw it quickly.  don't ask a rookie qb to improvise like that with the game on the line.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I miss Ray too. But he maybe the most critical guy that show ever had. He and Westhoff were peak SNY Post Game. 

However, yesterday - as a QB - Ray Ray probably would have Zac's back. Show is now D perspective heavy.

Ray was a fan like many of us immediately after the game.

Passions are still high, after a win everything and everyone is awesome...after a loss everything and everyone sucks.

Frankly, it's what I enjoyed about that show.  I doubt I'll watch it anymore.

You have all week to properly analyze the game... 

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

BS, you also have to acknowledge the good too.  He didn't.  He made it pretty clear that the off-scheduled stuff was bad...and ZW deserves no credit for that...That off-scheduled stuff is more harmful than helpful.

Moreover, he made PLENTY of plays from the pocket...plenty.  He missed two big throws, for sure...but he hit on far more than he missed.

His takeaway from that performance was clearly skewed by a man with an agenda.

Again, I don't  really gives a sh*t, but because this a thread here - I'll discuss.  It was a very strange take.

Bring back Ray Lucas!!!!

I heard him say, "he doesnt have to do the spectacular" - therefore calling his off script plays, spectacular.  The rest of his take was pretty much spot on, he needs to get better in the structure of the offense and he's right and it's ok that he's right because it's the 4th game of Zach's young career and his career didnt end yesterday so it's neat, he can like work on those things and get better in those areas as his career progresses. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

in theory i agree.  but playing within the offense the first 3 weeks yielded 20 points and a lot of sacks.  

I think that's kind of the point but I really dont want to get into it because it's beating a dead horse from the first 3 weeks.

Bart isnt wrong, he just said things that hurt the feels of Jets fans.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I heard him say, "he doesnt have to do the spectacular" - therefore calling his off script plays, spectacular.  The rest of his take was pretty much spot on, he needs to get better in the structure of the offense and he's right and it's ok that he's right because it's the 4th game of Zach's young career and his career didnt end yesterday so it's neat, he can like work on those things and get better in those areas as his career progresses. 

many elements of the structure of the offense suck.  wilson seems to have realized this.

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I do have to be honest.

I want that show to be a homer show.   There's enough Jet bashing everywhere.

After a win I want to go there and celebrate a Jet victory!  Of course, there can and should be some critical analysis but come on.  That's a huge win and to spend the majority of the show ripping the team apart was just strange...

They'll be plenty of time for detailed analysis - it's just not then.

Just now, JiFapono said:

Bart isnt wrong, he just said things that hurt the feels of Jets fans.  

case in point...lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

many elements of the structure of the offense suck.  wilson seems to have realized this.

Again, not rehashing this on the heels of a victory but he's not wrong...and it's ok.  

And most importantly, who gives a ****?  Bart Scott doesnt have an impact on sh*t.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You’re missing the point. It’s like it smacked you in the face and you weren’t aware something smacked you in the face. Despite these flaws that we’re all aware of, the Jets collectively played their asses off and made astonishing strides in playing competitively. That’s what seems to be missing from these rocket science analysts.  The fact that we won, be it no small matter, was just icing on the cake. I’m not going into it in detail since it would take pages and pages. In a nutshell, the defense played much better and kept us close. And the offense finally had a heartbeat.  Was it perfect? Far from it. Win or lose the game or whining a SOJ perspective   isn’t in play here. What’s critical is the improvements and strides the team and coaching staff made. It’s absolutely disgusting (the word used to describe Bart’s comments) and shameful to put down the efforts they made yesterday. These are ex Jets players who you’d think would be smiling ear to ear after the game for being part of an organization they hold so dear. Instead they picked and prodded and complained like rich housewives on some lame ass reality show. They could have lost the game and I’d still be proud how they showed up. Even Lombardi said the one comment he wishes he could take back was Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing,” Vince Lombardi said. He later insisted that he was talking about “the will to win” or “making an effort.”  What we all witnessed yesterday was the will to win.  An intense desire to be better. And when you have that, it translates into opportunity to be great, to win. It’s progress not perfection. 

if an unbiased analytical team watched the game and was asked to report on it, any number of things could be highlighted from the jets:

- lots of sacks and qb pressure

- young rookies in secondary getting the job done

- rookies at qb/rb/cb/OL all playing well

- big contributions from crowder and cole finally

- the offense showing big play potential

- revenge game for davis

- better overall play calling by the OC

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You’re missing the point. It’s like it smacked you in the face and you weren’t aware something smacked you in the face. Despite these flaws that we’re all aware of, the Jets collectively played their asses off and made astonishing strides in playing competitively. That’s what seems to be missing from these rocket science analysts.  The fact that we won, be it no small matter, was just icing on the cake. I’m not going into it in detail since it would take pages and pages. In a nutshell, the defense played much better and kept us close. And the offense finally had a heartbeat.  Was it perfect? Far from it. Win or lose the game or whining a SOJ perspective   isn’t in play here. What’s critical is the improvements and strides the team and coaching staff made. It’s absolutely disgusting (the word used to describe Bart’s comments) and shameful to put down the efforts they made yesterday. These are ex Jets players who you’d think would be smiling ear to ear after the game for being part of an organization they hold so dear. Instead they picked and prodded and complained like rich housewives on some lame ass reality show. They could have lost the game and I’d still be proud how they showed up. Even Lombardi said the one comment he wishes he could take back was Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing,”. He later insisted that he was talking about “the will to win” or “making an effort.”  What we all witnessed yesterday was the will to win.  An intense desire to be better. And when you have that, it translates into opportunity to be great, to win. It’s progress not perfection. 

I was elated leaving the stadium and thanking all the Titan fans for coming out. (They were less pleased).

I also wasn't offended by the analysis. If that makes me a SOJF, so be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

I will listen to the Joe B. podcast today. At least he is a true Jets fan, and knows Jet history better.

you think he will be any better? Joe is not a homer. he will be very critical too.

we all seen the game. we know we cant win like this every week. these guys are just being real

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

BS, you also have to acknowledge the good too.  He didn't.  He made it pretty clear that the off-scheduled stuff was bad...and ZW deserves no credit for that...That off-scheduled stuff is more harmful than helpful.

Moreover, he made PLENTY of plays from the pocket...plenty.  He missed two big throws, for sure...but he hit on far more than he missed.

His takeaway from that performance was clearly skewed by a man with an agenda.

Again, I don't  really gives a sh*t, but because this a thread here - I'll discuss.  It was a very strange take.

Bring back Ray Lucas!!!!

Ray would’ve lit the studio up yesterday and told Bart to STFU and challenged him right there. Don’t mess with Ray, he’s a loose wire and he loves the Jets. SNY can kiss my ass for letting him go.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if an unbiased analytical team watched the game and was asked to report on it, any number of things could be highlighted from the jets:

- lots of sacks and qb pressure

- young rookies in secondary getting the job done

- rookies at qb/rb/cb/OL all playing well

- big contributions from crowder and cole finally

- the offense showing big play potential

- revenge game for davis

- better overall play calling by the OC

Like I said …..pages and pages of positives. But hey let’s all be spoiled rich brats and complain about everything under the sun. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Saleh said he was going to go for it on 4th and 1. good thing it worked out the way it did or we could have a tie right now. i dont trust that goaline 1 yard run where everybody knows your going to run it. 

the way our defense was playing Saleh had to take the points.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I was elated leaving the stadium and thanking all the Titan fans for coming out. (They were less pleased).

I also wasn't offended by the analysis. If that makes me a SOJF, so be it.

Ive lived in NYC my entire life. I’d be more than happy to offend you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tfine said:

Thought the analysis of the win was pretty terrible. You would think they lost. Bart Scott acted like Zach was a 3 year veteran and should’ve played this flawless game. No mention of the young secondary playing well. QW sacks we’re just because of someone else was playing well. Were not impressed with Zachs throws.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets played like $hit and should have lost the game if not for the defense  keeping them in it (and Zebras making BS PI calls on 4th down). 

Everyone is going nuts on Zach’s bombs,  but those passes were the result of the play that was called breaking down and Wilson having the cannon and wherewithal to make those backyard ball throws. There is a TON that has to be cleaned up on offense. 

3rd and 1 for the win in OT and they can’t execute a bootleg or have a TE slip past for the reception, instead it’s a 4 yard loss. I’m not sold on the $hit game plan called by LaFleur. 

Jets won because fat Randy Bullock missed a FG. 

The Jets won, but didn’t deserve it. The Jets defense deserved the win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

From my seat in the corner Mezz you could clearly see the misses and some were waaaay off. Not panicked though, this is a normal progression for a young qb.  He seems to be trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL and is not really setting his feet for the easier throws.  Hoping this game settles him down and he just plays relaxed and confident.

The off script plays were amazing and his comments after the game were even better. His grasp at reading the defense was very evident in the post game comments. That was music to my ears.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bart Scott is an Anti-Zaxer.

He's dug in.  His analysis of ZW was disgraceful.

Nah, Bart's the best talking head for the Jets stuff IMO.  He was a little neg but everything he said was correct.

The Jets deserved to win that game but also got very lucky and made key mistakes that would've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Yesterday was a huge pressure release and finally gave us some HOPE!!

But the Jets still aren't a good football team and have a lot to clean up.  But it's all expected with where we're at 4 games into new everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

From my seat in the corner Mezz you could clearly see the misses and some were waaaay off. Not panicked though, this is a normal progression for a young qb.  He seems to be trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL and is not really setting his feet for the easier throws.  Hoping this game settles him down and he just plays relaxed and confident.

The off script plays were amazing and his comments after the game were even better. His grasp at reading the defense was very evident in the post game comments. That was music to my ears.

Agree 100%
im in the Pepsi corner mezz, - best view for the value, you?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Nah, Bart's the best talking head for the Jets stuff IMO.  He was a little neg but everything he said was correct.

The Jets deserved to win that game but also got very lucky and made key mistakes that would've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Yesterday was a huge pressure release and finally gave us some HOPE!!

But the Jets still aren't a good football team and have a lot to clean up.  But it's all expected with where we're at 4 games into new everything. 

+1 

Scott and Douzable are by far the most correct and honest analysts SNY has. 
They won’t put lipstick on this pig and call it like it is. 

Ray Lucas is an idiot and the show is better off without his homerisms and “tough guay from Jurzee” Schtick. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I’ve been listening to WFAN for the past two hours and they haven’t even mentioned the Jets. Meanwhile Moose and Maggie are talking up Daniel Jones like he’s the second coming of Tom Brady. We Jet fans have to face it. Win or lose we’re irrelevant.

i bet Bart talks about us. turn on ESPN radio now. his show starts at 12

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Yes, the Jets are not a good football team yet and have a ton to clean up...But Bart is a hack with an agenda and simply doesn't like ZW and his analysis was clearly effected by it.  I don't agree that off-platform plays are a bad thing I also don't agree that ZW was bad in the pocket.    He wasn't.  I think he missed two throws that I know he would want back.  I also don't think if someone got hurt because ZW missed a throw he should be blamed for the injury.  It was a very ugly few minutes for Bart Scott, he let his dug in position on disliking Wilson get the better of him, not the end of the world but just not good.

Also, it's okay to point out the good.  He did NONE of that when it came to Zach.

I also don't think we got lucky as much as I think the Titans were lucky to even be in it.  Yes, we had a number of opportunities to put the game away, but it wasn't the other way around.   

One of the hardest thing for young teams to learn how to do in the NFL is how to finish a game - it what separates the good teams from the mediocre (bad is just bad) Hopefully this was a learning moment for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1