Dolphins Fuad Reveiz 44 yard field goal 31 31
  Dolphins Bruce Hardy 1 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 38 31
4 Jets Dennis Bligen 7 yard rush (Pat Leahy kick) 38 38
  Dolphins Mark Clayton 4 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 45 38
  Jets Wesley Walker 21 yard pass from Ken O'Brien (Pat Leahy kick) 45 45
OT Jets Wesley Walker 43 yard pass from Ken O'Brien 45 51

Game Info

good call, forgot about this gem of a game

Kenny O did things against Miami that he never did against any other team. Was so strange

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Chad Pennington once finished best in the league at deep passing. Think it was 2004, the year he hurt his shoulder.

His arm strength hurt him in other ways but he actually threw a nice deep ball. That pass to Moss in San Diego was perfection. 

This is a good point.

Arm strength isn’t really demonstrated by how far you can throw a football, but rather the velocity in which you can throw it.

Heinicke for example can throw it pretty darn far. But ask him to throw an out pass to the far sideline and that ball is hanging in the air like a wounded duck.

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

1972 Namath had 15 completions against Baltimore for 496 yards and 6 TD's.  Including an 80 yard completion to Caster and a 65 yarder to Eddie Bell.  

FYI 15 into 496 is 33.067 per completion.   Namath had a much better OL.  He couldn't get outside the pocket.  He took deep drops and waited. 

Zach has great mobility, a quick release and a great arm.  He's Namath in college at the pro level.   Not as talented as Namath was in College but pretty close.  

I think no one ever was as talented as pre injury Namath 

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Facts said:

That was sick.

How he completes this and then whiffs on a pass to a guy 5 feet in front of him is beyond me.

Focus, rushing and football fundamentals  he tends to be lazy on super simple throws. He needs to do what he did on the 2nd TD in the preseason game, square plant and throw. He will get there

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jetswin said:

Kid's got a rocket launcher...serious question when was the last time a Jets QB completed 2 50 yarders in a game? Joe Willie?

He also has more moxie than any QB we have had since Namath that I can remember. When was the last time we had a QB roll out like that and re-direct with his free arm a WR and throw a spot on rocket for a TD?. In his 4th game no less. Along with the moxie he shows good leadership. That is the combination we need. He is being accountable to say the area he has to improve and get better with and never throwing anybody under the bus. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets have never had a QB who can make this throw, 60 yards on a dime. 

Yeah but of all the other clips/memories (particularly Fitzpatrick) I'm not sure many - or any - were 60 yds of air -- let alone "on a dime" like that. Fitz's longest completed TD was 41 yards of air, vs NE, and that was the only one >35 yards all season. His 69-yard TD to Marshall was caught before the 1st down sticks ffs (~60 of it was yac, not anywhere near 60 yds on a dime).  

The opening one in the posted clip of O'Brien wasn't quite 50 yds of air. It was still a great pass - particularly hitting Walker in stride, as he did - but once you're at that distance and beyond, every additional 5 yards becomes more significant. ~47 yards of air on the money isn't the same as 60. It was ultimately a much longer play (96 yds :)), but Walker had already beaten the coverage badly a the ez was another 55 yards away.

His prime was before my time, but I very much doubt Namath couldn't make this throw. Guy had the golden arm. Wonder what his career would've been in another era (including this current one), without Bear Bryant having no qualms about turning 20 year-olds into future cripples, Manning/Law no-touch coverage rules, late QB hits actually getting called, radio communications from his helmet to/from his OC/HC, and more. 

Still pretty awesome to see from a Jets QB, though. Especially one whose career has barely gotten underway. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not to diminish Wilson, but sure we have.

Namath could do it.

And Ken O'Brien could also do it.

While we didn't win any titles, and he was (as our friend Savage loved to point out,) a "statue who never got a rushing TD", lol, I think some folks consistently sleep on the passing talent (incd. some epic bombs) and ability possessed by O'Brien.  Watching Marino and O'Brien run up the score is what made alot of us Jets Fans in that era.

That was one hell of a 10 game run.  Probably the most fun I had as a kid watching a sport until the Mets took on the World and kicked it's ass.  That was a fun time.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He also has more moxie than any QB we have had since Namath that I can remember. When was the last time we had a QB roll out like that and re-direct with his free arm a WR and throw a spot on rocket for a TD?. In his 4th game no less. Along with the moxie he shows good leadership. That is the combination we need. He is being accountable to say the area he has to improve and get better with and never throwing anybody under the bus. 

Sanchez to Braylon Edwards maybe not a rocket but same idea 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

I believe it was a typical Favre improv toss up in Miami. 

His first one was what I described, in rhythm, hit him in stride.  I was there and remember it vividly because me and @Klecko73isGod and @ZachEY went nuts like, screaming about how Chad could have never made that throw.  Lol

• Haha 2

Kid's got a rocket launcher...serious question when was the last time a Jets QB completed 2 50 yarders in a game? Joe Willie?
I would guess Geno... think he hit Stephen Hill and another player (Kerley?) vs Buffalo?

EDIT: Nevermind...saw another poster say Fitz did it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk