Dolphins Fuad Reveiz 44 yard field goal 31 31
  Dolphins Bruce Hardy 1 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 38 31
4 Jets Dennis Bligen 7 yard rush (Pat Leahy kick) 38 38
  Dolphins Mark Clayton 4 yard pass from Dan Marino (Fuad Reveiz kick) 45 38
  Jets Wesley Walker 21 yard pass from Ken O'Brien (Pat Leahy kick) 45 45
OT Jets Wesley Walker 43 yard pass from Ken O'Brien 45 51

Game Info

good call, forgot about this gem of a game

That was an incredible game and I really liked Kenny O but they weren’t  50 plus yard passes, but rather passes with YAC.   Same with the Namath Unitas game.  He didn’t throw 80 yd bombs

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

That was an incredible game and I really liked Kenny O but they weren’t  50 plus yard passes, but rather passes with YAC.   Same with the Namath Unitas game.  He didn’t throw 80 yd bombs

I was at that game and don’t remember those as YAC passes.  The throw in overtime was short of 50 but a perfect, in stride bomb regardless.   I remember the 96 yard TD to Walker, a large chunk in the air, obviously not 90  yards off it.  He threw a beautiful deep pass

10 hours ago, Pichula said:

As a cameraman I can concur, this is excellent work by the spidey op, tiny loss of focus on the EZ zoom in but rectified instantly …why didn’t we see this on the replay!?

as a side note it did seem there was a real lack of replays at the weekend, a number of plays needed a second look that never came, a couple of throws that Zach missed we really needed another angle to see where the error lay but they never came…..perhaps the broadcast was having technical difficulties

10 hours ago, JiFapono said:

His first one was what I described, in rhythm, hit him in stride.  I was there and remember it vividly because me and @Klecko73isGod and @ZachEY went nuts like, screaming about how Chad could have never made that throw.  Lol

I watched both.

It went 53 yards, didn't really hit him stride and Cotchery had to slow up. 

Pennington with a bum shoulder threw one to Moss that travelled 55 yards in San Diego. 

Pennington haters spouting nonsense as per usual. The years have not been kind to them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I watched both.

It went 53 yards, didn't really hit him stride and Cotchery had to slow up. 

Pennington with a bum shoulder threw one to Moss that travelled 55 yards in San Diego. 

Pennington haters spouting nonsense as per usual. The years have not been kind to them.

Good for you! 

23 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Ken O'Brien's only mistake was being drafted before Marino, and by the New York Jets. While not a great QB, he could have won a Super Bowl in the right situation. He was a GOOD QB, and he doesn't get enough credit for being good. He once led the NFL in QB rating, which is no small feat. 

The Jets could have won a SB with O'Briens team and Dan Marino.   He had a great arm, had great talent around him.  He had no feel for pressure and was an absolute statue who held the ball a very long time. 

Those Jets teams with better QB play could have won a SB. 

Marino had trash WR compared to Toon and Walker. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, papz187 said:

I would guess Geno... think he hit Stephen Hill and another player (Kerley?) vs Buffalo?

EDIT: Nevermind...saw another poster say Fitz did it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Fitz never threw a 50-yard pass that I can recall (let alone a 60-yarder). His longest traveled ~40 yards. 

Geno's 51-yarder to Hill went 40 yds in the air, followed by 20 yac. 

They all count the same on the scoreboard, but then so does a QB sneak. A throw of 40 yards and 60 yards is different, and factoring in yac to reach additional yards isn't in line with what @Rhg1084 was saying. He was talking about a 60 yard throw on the money, not a much shorter throw that may have eventually become a 50-60 yard play.

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Jets have never had a QB who can make this throw, 60 yards on a dime. 

I'm sure you're not including Joe Namath, since he made these throws many times, and from the pocket, I might add.

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Fitz never threw a 50-yard pass that I can recall (let alone a 60-yarder). His longest traveled ~40 yards. 

Geno's 51-yarder to Hill went 40 yds in the air, followed by 20 yac. 

They all count the same on the scoreboard, but then so does a QB sneak. A throw of 40 yards and 60 yards is different, and factoring in yac to reach additional yards isn't in line with what @Rhg1084 was saying. He was talking about a 60 yard throw on the money, not a much shorter throw that may have eventually become a 50-60 yard play.

Right, I can’t remember a Jets qb putting it in the air like that for 60 yards. I’ve never seen O’Brien or Namath play tho 

Watching Carr try to hit Ruggs 50 yards downfield last night was a stark contrast to Wilson. Carr put everything he had into a couple deep balls and they were both underthrown. Wilson barely even steps into this throw and launches it 57 yards on a dime. Man, it’s exciting. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This is a complicated offense and he needs to get the timing down with his receivers, the rhythm of this type of offense and start to get some time and he's going to be special.  He has the stuff you can't teach...the other stuff is just a matter of time.

Thank you Zach Wilson, Thank you.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a complicated offense and he needs to get the timing down with his receivers, the rhythm of this type of offense and start to get some time and he's going to be special.  He has the stuff you can't teach...the other stuff is just a matter of time.

Thank you Zach Wilson, Thank you.

We need to provide him with some deep threats on offense… hopefully Moore can be that when he gets back. And I thought Mims wouldbe one as well but who knows at this point 

• Upvote 1