Belichick without Brady...

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He’s a good coach. Always gives rookie QBs a hard time and has developed an offense system that is plug and play. 

With that said, he’s definitely overrated and the cheating is real. Without Brady and the cheating, BB wouldn’t have lasted as long. 

I think he’s a good defensive coach with a very average team most years without Brady. His offenses aren’t good without Brady 

17 minutes ago, isired said:

Tampa Bay was averaging 4+ TDs and just under 38 pts/game. Last night they struggled to get a single TD and half their usual point total. The guy is doing something right.

Overall, I thought the Pats looked pretty good last night.   Solid D and a "not bad" O.   Not having White hurt them a lot.  A batted ball on third in their last drive most likely caused the loss.   Still, the "Folk Hero" nearly pulls it out against a MUCH better Tampa Bay team.  Bruce was lucky to come out of there with a win.

ASIDE: Anyone know why Bruce wears that "suicide bomber vest"?   It just looks so insane.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

His defense, especially the secondary is quite good. So is their OL. Of course, it was raining and Brady was missing his 2 best weapons. Mac Jones looks like a game manager - can manage a game, but i don't know he can carry a team on his own. Either way, the media in NE still thinks this team is a playoff contender.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Overall, I thought the Pats looked pretty good last night.   Solid D and a "not bad" O.   Not having White hurt them a lot.  A batted ball on third in their last drive most likely caused the loss.   Still, the "Folk Hero" nearly pulls it out against a MUCH better Tampa Bay team.  Bruce was lucky to come out of there with a win.

ASIDE: Anyone know why Bruce wears that "suicide bomber vest"?   It just looks so insane.

Tampa's O looked terrible and it's an allstar team.  On D Richard, don't call me Dick Sherman was starting in Tampa's secondary.   

I give NE D credit for making Brady look like dog sh*t.  The Pats O should have done way more against TB D.  It was clear you couldn't run on them but you could throw on them all night.   Not sure if that's an indictment on BB or McDaniels?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Tampa's O looked terrible and it's an allstar team.  On D Richard, don't call me Dick Sherman was starting in Tampa's secondary.   

I give NE D credit for making Brady look like dog sh*t.  The Pats O should have done way more against TB D.  It was clear you couldn't run on them but you could throw on them all night.   Not sure if that's an indictment on BB or McDaniels?

Always loved the guys game.  But was it any clearer that Sherman should no longer start?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, isired said:

Tampa Bay was averaging 4+ TDs and just under 38 pts/game. Last night they struggled to get a single TD and half their usual point total. The guy is doing something right.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it justifies the poor performance of Wilson against N.E. but it does make me feel a little better when you see a first ballot HOF struggle against that defense as well.

• Sympathy 1

Guy is a piece of sh*t
Brushed off Brady after the game like some bum begging for change. 
Without Brady, he would’ve been bouncing around from DC gig to DC gig over the last 20 years instead of being regarded as the greatest coach of all-time.
That's all he ever does on the field. As a Jets fan, I hate the guy, but who can blame him for not wanting to feed into the media BS? They supposedly spent a half hour in a private area in the visitors locker room talking.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He's coached over 8 full seasons without Brady.

6 losing seasons

62-75 record

36-44 in Cleveland in 5 years

26-31 in New England in 3+ full seasons

1 wild card playoff appearance

1 wild card playoff win(at home under the old playoff format when wild card teams could play at home in the wild card round)

If he won because of cheating he would have won before brady and would be winning after him.  He won because of Brady

These are the numbers everyone should focus on. This isn't a small snapshot of a career. It's 8 years of below average performance by a "genius". 

That doesn't take away his Super Bowls or his ultimate induction into the HOF, it's just that he has shown to be nothing special without Brady. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Mac Jones looked like jr Brady to me ... pinpoint accuracy , superb timing, fantastic quick reads, good ore snap recognition.

Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Meh, he is given a ton of easy passes and does fairly well with them. He was playing against a bunch of scrubs in TBs secondary thanks to injuries and despite being "tom brady Jr" has 4TDs and 4INTs on the season and is 1-3 with his only win against the Jets. So let's pump the brakes on Mac Jones love. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

These are the numbers everyone should focus on. This isn't a small snapshot of a career. It's 8 years of below average performance by a "genius". 
That doesn't take away his Super Bowls or his ultimate induction into the HOF, it's just that he has shown to be nothing special without Brady. 
Eh, he had the Browns turned around before the 'We're going to Baltimore, suckers!" season torpedoed the whole thing.

God I hate defending this scumbag.
  • Upvote 1

Meh, he is given a ton of easy passes and does fairly well with them. He was playing against a bunch of scrubs in TBs secondary thanks to injuries and despite being "tom brady Jr" has 4TDs and 4INTs on the season and is 1-3 with his only win against the Jets. So let's pump the brakes on Mac Jones love. 
Didnt he break tom brady's completion streak record last night ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, isired said:

Eh, he had the Browns turned around before the 'We're going to Baltimore, suckers!" season torpedoed the whole thing.

God I hate defending this scumbag.

Except he didn't.  They were 4-5 when the announcement was made having lost 3 of their last 4 games.  Could they have turned that season  around? Maybe but they were struggling big time in 1995 before the announcement.

Let's also mention that the browns became the Ravens and won a Super Bowl in 5 years with ONE leftover from the Belichick era.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He’s a good coach. Always gives rookie QBs a hard time and has developed an offense system that is plug and play. 

With that said, he’s definitely overrated and the cheating is real. Without Brady and the cheating, BB wouldn’t have lasted as long. 

Perfect analysis. 

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He's coached over 8 full seasons without Brady.

6 losing seasons

62-75 record

36-44 in Cleveland in 5 years

26-31 in New England in 3+ full seasons

1 wild card playoff appearance

1 wild card playoff win(at home under the old playoff format when wild card teams could play at home in the wild card round)

If he won because of cheating he would have won before brady and would be winning after him.  He won because of Brady

download.jpg

• Upvote 3

I love the fact that someone at NBC finally wised up and actually put that statistic out there for all to see.

Huge rating/audience for that game and basically the network said...it's Brady folks.  Not Belli.  It's Brady.  

Essentially what we've known as Jet fans since Mo did what he did.