Belichick without Brady...

kevinc855

To catch everyone up to date. The greatest coach in the history of football has coached 9+ full seasons without Tom Brady.

71-79 record in reg season, 1-2 in playoffs

6 losing seasons

2 wild card playoff appearances

1 wild card playoff win(at home)

Zero division titles

Zero AFC Championship Game appearances

Zero Super Bowl appearances

Lost 2 playoff games by 20 & 30 points

Tom Brady without bill Belichick, not yet 2 full seasons

24-9 record in reg season, 5-0 in postseason

1 division title

1 conference championship

1 Super Bowl title

In 11 postseason losses Belichick lost by an average of 8.5 PPG with Tom Brady, In 2 postseason losses without him he's lost by an average of 25 PPG.  Never in Brady's career did he lose a playoff game by 20 or more, Belichick has now done twice in only 2 playoff losses.

You guys like to make things up, I never said Belichick sucked I always said Brady was the reason for the dynasty and unless you are completely blind it's now really way to see though smarter people noticed it a long time ago

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

To catch everyone up to date. The greatest coach in the history of football has coached 9+ full seasons without Tom Brady.

6 losing seasons

Zero division titles

1 division title

1 Super Bowl title

In 11 postseason losses Belichick lost by an average of 8.5 PPG with Tom Brady, In 2 postseason losses without him he's lost by an average of 25 PPG.  Never in Brady's career did he lose a playoff game by 20 or more, Belichick has now done twice in only 2 playoff losses.

You guys like to make things up, I never said Belichick sucked I always said Brady was the reason for the dynasty and unless you are completely blind it's now really way to see though smarter people noticed it a long time ago

Update...

Fuc 'em both.

• Haha 2

On 1/3/2022 at 6:17 AM, nyjunc said:

You conveniently ignore that the Pats had loads of talent on the 2000 Patriots and were 5-13 before Brady took over and just like magic they started winning.

Without Brady taking over when he did the seat was getting really warm for Belichick.  If bledsoe stays healthy and starts into '02 that's no way Belichick lasts past the '02 season and his HC career would have been over.

Bill was always a great assistant coach but as a HC he was less than mediocre without Brady and despite a good season good year(they've come back to reality recently) his overall resume without Brady is poor.

Ok, so bill is comparable to Lindy Infante and Dan Henning without Brady.  I agree with you but he's probably a little better😁

9 seasons without Brady, he's going to the playoffs for only the 2nd time and that thanks in large part to a huge spending spree in the offseason and an absolutely perfect schedule where overall it was weak but when they played tougher teams they had the benefit of injuries, Covid or ridiculous weather conditions.

Again, you can not speak it into existence.  The 2000 team was not good.  You are the one ignoring facts and common sense.  It was not a Superbowl team.  It was three seasons removed the Superbowl.  It was a team that went from 11 wins to 8.  Not to mention it finished the 8 win year going 2-6.  Probably why Pete was let go. I know.  Your reply, "but they were loaded with talent".  

Provide a link with this "he was on a hot seat"?  Talking heads probably thought so, but Kraft.  No way.  How would that look?  The owner of the team runs out another coach.  His disagrement with Par$ells is known.  He then ran Pete after three years.  Get rid of Bill after two?  No.   

You miss the point as usual.  Why did Bill get to the playoffs with Brady?  Brady was a good QB early in his career before he attained GOAT status.  Why did the Patriots win 10 games this year?  Mac.  Yes, the D played well, but it did last year as well.  Although, it still struggles with the run.  While Bill made a few players rich, none of those players pushed the Patriots from 7 to 10 wins.  It was Mac providing a passing attack.  Mac took the 30th passing attach to 14th.  In Cleveland he had Kosar, Tomczak, Philcox, Rypien, Zeier and Vinny.  None of those players are anything more than a JAG or average.

Again, none of this is news worthy.  QBs can make or break a coach.  Nothing new and as I have been saying.  Your knock, in Cleveland, he could not find an above average QB.  Ok.  Since, Cleveland and without Brady he has been 11-5, 3-1, 7-9 and 10-7 with JAgs to average QBs.  He is 31-22.  He has won games with Matt Cassell, Jimmy G, Jacoby Brisset and Max.  So a coach who admitted he made mistakes during his initial HC opportunity has gotten better.  Wow.  It is almist as if experience helps influences future decisions.  Well, maybe not all decsions.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

6 losing seasons

Zero division titles

1 division title

1 Super Bowl title

This is called showing half-facts and then accusing everybody else of making things up.

Belichick was the guy who developed Brady into one of the best players of all time.

This season he helped another rookie QB have a winning record (11-6), and has had a winning record since Brady left (18-16) despite having a losing season with Cam Newton (Who went 0-5 this season on a team that had more wins with Darnold at QB). 

I'm not saying Brady was bad, but Belichick deserves a lot of the credit. Plus, Brady went onto a team that had Godwin and Evans, and also added AB and Gronk when Brady came around. That's a stacked team, and I would say that coaching a crappy Browns team isn't that easy.

Also, Belichick is a scumbag.

The Pats had a terrific season without Brady.  A rebuilding team with a rookie QB who was the 4th taken off the board made the playoffs.   The Jags, Jets and Houston who all started rookie QB's for the majority of the season were all bottom feeding trash.  

There are degrees of success.  Making the playoffs vs 4 wins is a major accomplishment. 

• Upvote 1

Ok last season the Bucs with Brady went from 7-9 to win the Super Bowl. Without Brady NEP didn’t qualify. And this season could be a repeat even though improvement at NEP but they’re not on the same level as the Bucs. So you can make that comparison and say the Patriots success was more Brady than BB. And the one season Brady was injured they didn’t win it even though 11 Ws. I just don’t think so.