Urban Meyer caught cheating on his wife, issue apology to team

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What a shock that a scumbag like Urban would be caught doing this.  Some of his friends are even bigger scumbags than he is.   He’s been cheating on his wife for years, this incident is nothing compared to what he’s done in the past.  

He does have health problems though so cut him some slack. 

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I think we all knew this was going to be an interesting year for them with some of the decisions they made,no?

He's done.  They're probably working out who to replace Meyer and if his actions violated some ethics clause so they are not liable to pay him for the remainder of the contract.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

He's done.  They're probably working out who to replace Meyer and if his actions violated some ethics clause so they are not liable to pay him for the remainder of the contract.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Meyer orchaestrated this entire thing to get fired.  I have never seen a head coach in any sport look more desperate to leave during a game

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

What an amazing thread. Thank you all for the laughs. 

With that said I do not see any world where JAX or any organization doesn't fire a HC over something like this. He might as well been caught on camera smoking a blunt or sniffing a line of coke. Regardless of some of the questionable things we may think that Saleh isn't doing the right way (Mims, the O, clock management etc..) at least the guy has (imo) great moral character and respect for himself, his family, and the Jets organization as a whole to never be in a predicament like this. I had my doubts for a bit but after this weeks developments I'm more than certain that we chose the right guy.

• Upvote 1

Meyer was never going to last more than 2 seasons. He just was never going to work in the league, where you can’t have completely autonomy over everything.

But the fact that we aren’t even a full quarter into the season and he might be on his way out is truly humiliating for himself and the Jacksonville franchise. Meyer already tarnished his legacy on the way out of his last 2 spots, each increasingly more impactful, and then this just seals the deal for how history will remember him which is a shame for him because coaching-wise he should be on the College Coach Mt. Rushmore.

I hope he gets fired or “resigns due to some inner soul searching with my family and health as my top priority” bullsh*t. I do for the simple fact that all season last year the entire media said that Jacksonville was a better landing spot than the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Meyer was never going to last more than 2 seasons. He just was never going to work in the league, where you can’t have completely autonomy over everything.

But the fact that we aren’t even a full quarter into the season and he might be on his way out is truly humiliating for himself and the Jacksonville franchise. Meyer already tarnished his legacy on the way out of his last 2 spots, each increasingly more impactful, and then this just seals the deal for how history will remember him which is a shame for him because coaching-wise he should be on the College Coach Mt. Rushmore.

I hope he gets fired or “resigns due to some inner soul searching with my family and health as my top priority” bullsh*t. I do for the simple fact that all season last year the entire media said that Jacksonville was a better landing spot than the Jets. 

I’m always amazed by guys like Meyer and Saban believing their own press and thinking they can be successful in the NFL

This ain’t college where you can pay the 22 best high schoolers in the country to come to your bs SEC school to party and hang out in world class gym and sauna facilities 

• Upvote 1

I have no clue how anybody in JAX thought Urban was a good idea. This was doomed from the start.

They got gifted a ‘generational QB’ and have proceeded to destroy his first season. They will change staffs sooner or later and TL will have to learn a new offense, etc…

Wasted years, no doubt

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If he gets fired today, Brian Schottenheimer is the likely interim replacement for him LOL

Him or Bevell.  They could elevate Bevell and have Shotty as OC.   They could also promote Bob Sutton who is a defensive assistant.  What so odd about their coaching staff is that Charlie Strong is the Assistant Head Coach, and he has zero NFL experience…..Lol.  Just a poorly run organization. 

• Upvote 1

What a debacle.

It’s a sad situation when everyone can see this before it happens. The Jets are a bad organisation but this is another level of incompetence from Jacksonville. Meyer was always gonna Petrino them at some point.

He doesn’t have the stomach for this sort of challenge and never has. He’s looked absolutely miserable in every game and there’s no way players don’t pick up on that.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Him or Bevell.  They could elevate Bevell and have Shotty as OC.   They could also promote Bob Sutton who is a defensive assistant.  What so odd about their coaching staff is that Charlie Strong is the Assistant Head Coach, and he has zero NFL experience…..Lol.  Just a poorly run organization. 

Yeah, what a disaster lol.

I would just think Schotty would get promoted because he is the one working closely with Lawrence. But they could always promote the DC.