Urban Meyer caught cheating on his wife, issue apology to team

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

What a shock that a scumbag like Urban would be caught doing this.  Some of his friends are even bigger scumbags than he is.   He’s been cheating on his wife for years, this incident is nothing compared to what he’s done in the past.  

It's a terrible look but you hit the nail on the head, he's got the green light from his wife.  She's around for the money, he can do whatever he wants and she doesnt care.  I think the nail bitter of this incident is now the kids know that this was allowed.  So the reality is, while this doesnt look good, it's really not a big deal.

The bigger deal that I've seen nobody has seemed to mention is, he didnt fly home with team.  He got up on a podium talking about this being a heartbreaking devastating loss and how he just feels bad for the guys how are working so hard and then he follows that up by not flying home with the team and instead going out partying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

I’m always amazed by guys like Meyer and Saban believing their own press and thinking they can be successful in the NFL

This ain’t college where you can pay the 22 best high schoolers in the country to come to your bs SEC school to party and hang out in world class gym and sauna facilities 

Anyone who has lived in the town of a Div. I powerhouse knows that those HCs are treated like kings.  I was a grad student at PSU during the Paterno reign and can tell you first hand that he, basically, ran State College, PA.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's a terrible look but you hit the nail on the head, he's got the green light from his wife.  She's around for the money, he can do whatever he wants and she doesnt care.  I think the nail bitter of this incident is now the kids know that this was allowed.  So the reality is, while this doesnt look good, it's really not a big deal.

The bigger deal that I've seen nobody has seemed to mention is, he didnt fly home with team.  He got up on a podium talking about this being a heartbreaking devastating loss and how he just feels bad for the guys how are working so hard and then he follows that up by not flying home with the team and instead going out partying. 

Well according to some rando on reddit who claims to have had personal experience with him - "He had to leave UF cause he banged a boosters daughter who was also an employee of the athletic association." so yeah I think this is pretty minor by comparison lol. I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about it but the health/family stuff always seemed like bullsh*t.  

I don't blame his wife if that's the case. She can go get some strange of her own in the mean time which apparently she has. Live that life girl!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Well according to some rando on reddit who claims to have had personal experience with him - "He had to leave UF cause he banged a boosters daughter who was also an employee of the athletic association." so yeah I think this is pretty minor by comparison lol. I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about it but the health/family stuff always seemed like bullsh*t.  

I don't blame his wife if that's the case. She can go get some strange of her own in the mean time which apparently she has. Live that life girl!

Yep.  This has been known and the Jags knew it too.  Dude likes to booze and cheat on his wife.  It's what he does.  There is a bourbon bar in Ponte Vedra where he lives and Urban would frequent it in the offseason, by himself, get very drunk and often seen leaving oddly at the same time as some young lady/ladies.  The chick part, isnt the distraction.  It's the fact he didnt even fly home with his team and that this news story is taking away from the fact the Jags have been improving that has everyone pissed off around here.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed.   Not flying home with the team is a big no no    It’s a bad look and for a rookie head coach who hasn’t won a game yet, it’s beyond ridiculous that he thought that would be OK.   

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yep.  This has been known and the Jags knew it too.  Dude likes to booze and cheat on his wife.  It's what he does.  There is a bourbon bar in Ponte Vedra where he lives and Urban would frequent it in the offseason, by himself, get very drunk and often seen leaving oddly at the same time as some young lady/ladies.  The chick part, isnt the distraction.  It's the fact he didnt even fly home with his team and that this news story is taking away from the fact the Jags have been improving that has everyone pissed off around here.  

Again, where was I when they handed out the get out of jail free cards?   Seriously though, Meyer sound like a complete POS.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It was a thursday night game.  Everyone is entitled to a couple of days off, even the coaches.  The drunk bar with young girls is the problem.  The HC is responsible to lead a team of young men.  Leading also means setting an example.  Meyer is a complete fraud.  He seems to think morality is based on religious beliefs instead of personal responsability and action.   The NFL tolerates a lot of bad looks by the owners, it doesn't tolerate it from the help.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Biggs said:

It was a thursday night game.  Everyone is entitled to a couple of days off, even the coaches.  The drunk bar with young girls is the problem.  The HC is responsible to lead a team of young men.  Leading also means setting an example.  Meyer is a complete fraud.  He seems to think morality is based on religious beliefs instead of personal responsability and action.   The NFL tolerates a lot of bad looks by the owners, it doesn't tolerate it from the help.  

I mean, I live in Jacksonville and I have very strong ties to the organization. I'm not just shooting from the hip here.  Nobody cares about the pictures.  Everyone knew they hired a scumbag with no moral compass.  They outright knew, he cheats on his wife and she's fine with it.  Her original response to this was "he needs to let steam off" - legit, nobody cares and the players dont either.

What everyone is pissed off about is he didnt fly home with the team.  Doesnt matter it was mini-bye week, nobody has ever seen or heard of a Head Coach doing something like this and that's what everyone is upset about.  Nobody gives a **** he cheats on his wife.  We've had coaches in this league host sex parties.  Nobody cares about this except the stupid national media which is already ruining this country. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. This is TMZ level melodrama reporting.

2. What I saw in that video is hardly "cheating", unless you're 11 years old and hand-holding is the height of your relationship experiences.

3. I'm not his wife, why do I care?

4. He doesn't work for the Jets, why do I care?

5. I curious why anyone thinks the Jags players would care? Players do 10x this kind of junk every weekend, including some with wives.

They dont care, at all. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I mean, I live in Jacksonville and I have very strong ties to the organization. I'm not just shooting from the hip here.  Nobody cares about the pictures.  Everyone knew they hired a scumbag with no moral compass.  They outright knew, he cheats on his wife and she's fine with it.  Her original response to this was "he needs to let steam off" - legit, nobody cares and the players dont either.

What everyone is pissed off about is he didnt fly home with the team.  Doesnt matter it was mini-bye week, nobody has ever seen or heard of a Head Coach doing something like this and that's what everyone is upset about.  Nobody gives a **** he cheats on his wife.  We've had coaches in this league host sex parties.  Nobody cares about this except the stupid national media which is already ruining this country. 

It's not fine for the fanbase and the players who have bought into his shtick.  There are actual NFL players who are good fathers and dads.  There are lots of Jacksonville fans who actually don't cheat on their wives.   He's a public person and he got cought.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

1. This is TMZ level melodrama reporting.

2. What I saw in that video is hardly "cheating", unless you're 11 years old and hand-holding is the height of your relationship experiences.

3. I'm not his wife, why do I care?

4. He doesn't work for the Jets, why do I care?

5. I curious why anyone thinks the Jags players would care? Players do 10x this kind of junk every weekend, including some with wives.

I showed my wife the videos of Meyer "keister caressing" the young woman and her lap dancing.  Then asked if it's cheating.  It took a nano second for her to respond yes.  The action(s) can't be characterized as actual sex.  But it's still cheating on your spouse.

Now if Meyer's wife is cool with it?   Fine, vaya con Dios. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Wait, has this been confirmed? If that's true it's crazy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

I showed the videos of Meyer "keister caressing" the young woman and her lap dancing.  Then asked if it's cheating.  It took a nano second for her to respond yes.  The action(s) can't be characterized as actual sex.  But it's still cheating on your spouse.

Now if Meyer's wife is cool with it?   Fine, vaya con Dios. 

If he's wife is cool with it he's appology to her makes him seem even more like a douche bag.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

If he's wife is cool with it he's appology to her makes him seem even more like a douche bag.  

No doubt.  Most likely, he's apologized to his wife a hundred times for similar behavior.   Some folks have open marriages or are comfortable with a spouse cheating in exchange for living a life of luxury.

• Upvote 1

I love when these uber-successful college head coaches, who literally do anything and everything to recruit players, and who have so much more talent than 75%+ of their opponents each week (maybe more), come to the NFL and think they will just pick up where they left off.  College coaches are treated like royalty.  It's so different in the NFL.  The playing field being level exposes these guys.

Go back to college Urban...you never should have left.  In that domain you are exceptional because you are a ruthless recruiter and egotistical control freak with the bona fides to back it up.  In the NFL - you're a tool.

Predictable and so, so funny.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's not fine for the fanbase and the players who have bought into his shtick.  There are actual NFL players who are good fathers and dads.  There are lots of Jacksonville fans who actually don't cheat on their wives.   He's a public person and he got cought.

I dont know what to tell you, buddy.  I live in Jax.  I'm surrounded by this.  I listen to local radio everyday.  I have very very strong ties to the organization.  Nobody cares about this. Nobody bought into his image.  Everyone knew he was scumbag with no morals.  Everyone.  They didnt care because they thought he could build a winner.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Wait, has this been confirmed? If that's true it's crazy.

Yes.  100% confirmed to be true.  He said he stayed behind to see his "grand children" - and instead, he went out partying.

Trust me, dude, that's all anyone cares about.  It's not the cheating, nobody gives a **** about that.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Anything Urban does makes him seem like a dbag.  The guy has been vilified for every single thing he's done since he joined the Jags.  The reason he apologized is because it was on film.  No film?  No story.

I'm not making this up.

• Upvote 3