PFF Grades for Week 4

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

People put way too much stock into PFF grades.

PFF grades are a starting point for a bigger picture like BMI is for health. You can have a BMI that is within range and be unhealthy, or have a BMI out of range and be a brick sh*thouse. PFF grades plus statistics, and the eyeball test is the only true way to determine how good a player is. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

My biggest takeaway from all of this is that Ashtyn Davis actually played yesterday. 

Alison Brie What GIF

I missed that, but I also missed the Zach Wilson TD pass to Corey Davis because I was taking a dump. I was watching the game on a stream while I was on the toilet, and I turned it off as I walked back to the TV, only to see the TD celebration. 

• Haha 1

Davis played ok, nothing really went his way. He was more of a FS than a SS.

Quincy was responsible for the 3 down-21 screen pass. He got burnt twice yesterday on screens. Mosely has a problem getting off from a blocker.

This team needs a bona-fide edge and a LB. Maybe they found one in Quincy, or Davis could be that guy when he comes back. But they are two players away from being a legitimate top 10 defense.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:
  • I thought Bryce HUFF had a very good game too. 
  • Nathan Shepard not as much
  • Van Roten seemed to be lost on the twists
  • the interior DL seemed a little inconsistent on inside runs
  • I was surprised Henry had all those yards.

That's exactly my thinking as well. I know the stats tell a different story but the flow of the game felt like the Jets did a good job containing Henry for the most part.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Couple of Notes

Alijah Vera-Tucker

- Great pass blocking day (82.6)

- 12th in the NFL among all OL

- 8th Among all G

- 2nd Among all Rookie OL (Trey Smith)

Quincy Williams/CJ Mosley

- This is where the eye test needs to come into play. Bad grading does not reflect the impact these guys had on the field

John Franklin-Meyers

- In line for a nice pay day after the season

- 1 Sack

- 9 Pressures

- 2 Hits

- 6 Hurries

- 2 Tackles

- 1 Assist

Bryce Hall

- 5th Round gem

- 1 Sack

- Targeted 8 Times, gave up 3 Rec for 27 Yards

- 2 Pass Breakups

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.37.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.38.07 AM.png

Were there really 100 snaps on Defense.... and Bryce Hall, CJ Mosley played all of them?

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Were there really 100 snaps on Defense.... and Bryce Hall, CJ Mosley played all of them?

True props to that defense: 

• holding the fort until the offense got its stuff together. 
  • Bending but not breaking at the end, after 90-plus snaps. 
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rldev said:

Two of the big screens featured blatant holds and blocks in the back, none of which were called. The Jets defense were in position to make the play.  They were literally right there and got blocked from behind and knocked down.

• Upvote 2

This somewhat aligns with what I saw.  People that looked good eyetest wise on splash plays were less impressive than the ones that didn't make the stat sheet.

Kids like Guidry and Hall had great games (and in general i'm super impressed with our young secondary).

PFF loves Fatu..  He's like our highest graded player in almost every game going back several years now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hael said:

This somewhat aligns with what I saw.  People that looked good eyetest wise on splash plays were less impressive than the ones that didn't make the stat sheet.

Kids like Guidry and Hall had great games (and in general i'm super impressed with our young secondary).

PFF loves Fatu..  He's like our highest graded player in almost every game going back several years now.

Foley is comfortably the most consistent player on the team.

He’s not a Vita Vea elite level talent but he’s damn good at what he does. Just a nightmare for teams to deal with. I’ve made a point of watching him more this year and he just wins so consistently, he’s very explosive off the snap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Foley is comfortably the most consistent player on the team.

He’s not a Vita Vea elite level talent but he’s damn good at what he does. Just a nightmare for teams to deal with. I’ve made a point of watching him more this year and he just wins so consistently, he’s very explosive off the snap.

Fatukasi’s snap timing is second to none… in the league.