Roll the dice?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah but our OL could be much better even with an average guard and not sure it plays better with Becton at LT

I mean that doesn’t change Becton not being a good fit at guard because of his frame. Even if you think all tackles are equally good options at tackle you’d want the guy who fits best at guard. That’s not Becton.

Freiermuth looks legit. I’d contact Pittsburgh to see if they’re selling in Ebron. At least he can play.

All this Njoku and Oj Howard love us stupid. Howard sits being Brate on the TB depth chart, and Nkjoku behind Harrison Bryant and Hiooef in Cleveland.

Id also reach out to Oakland about Foster Moreau.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Anything can happen if we were to get on a bit of a roll from week 5 on down, but I was more or less just throwing that out there because it’s early. Would like an average TE for multiple reasons.

Fair enough, I just dont think you're finding any real help right now.  Not sure anyone is really that all that much better than Kroft.  Him and Griffin for that matter, have years that are just as good or better than the names being thrown around.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, derp said:

I mean that doesn’t change Becton not being a good fit at guard because of his frame. Even if you think all tackles are equally good options at tackle you’d want the guy who fits best at guard. That’s not Becton.

We have Fant under contract another year he’s decent at LT

I love Becton but he doesn’t seem to want to be here.  JD should be trying to get a first round pick for him

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Fair enough, I just dont think you're finding any real help right now.  Not sure anyone is really that all that much better than Kroft.  Him and Griffin for that matter, have years that are just as good or better than the names being thrown around.

The real answer is they need to take a real upgrade this upcoming offseason. It's a big factor in this offense and this upcoming draft class should be better than the last almost by default since the last one was trash outside of the top 2 guys.

20 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

If I was JD, I would consider seeing what's out there on the trade market at TE. This season isn't a wash just yet and we can win some games if this team continues to push in the right direction offensively. Miami is awful, the Pats are average.. maybe even a bit below.. and there is an extra wildcard seeding now! Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic after 1 win but it was an early win & there is time left!

I'm not saying we're playoff contenders as of October 4th, but we should strive to be & it would be awesome if we continued to be competitive. 

Another receiving option would give Wilson a security blanket and another target to find open. Ideally, you have another guy to catch passes if our WR depth takes another hit as well. Kroft is injured and there isn't a soul on the team that can play that position with any kind of average regularity. Finding one would go a long way in his immediate development.

I'm aware you can't just pluck someone from another team like you can in Madden, but it's just a thought in midst of an exciting Monday after feeling.

I think names like OJ Howard and David Njoku are attainable if JD truly wanted to apply pressure but probably not going to happen for valuable picks. 

You mentioned you were not feeling well. Sorry to hear. Are you also with fever? It can defintaely affect a person's sense of reality.  Feel better.

8 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

Seriously...one win and we're buyers? lol. The only move I'd be in favor of was trading for a RG, purely for the purposes of keeping ZW upright. His health and continued growth is the #1 priority this year.

THis is what happens when your team sucks for most of your existance. You get delusionary,desperate and impractical.  The '68 Jets this team is not.  Give it a few years, but I like what is developing. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

If Becton ever comes back, maybe put him at RG...?

No leave him at LT. Draft Falele, that RT from Minnesota and get a Center.  Becton and Falele are big enough whee we dont need a RG.

Becton LT    AVT LG    Linderbaum   C Falele RT  

Just space them out and put another WR out there.  Gotta think out the box.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is Hayden Hurst still a possibility?  He's only been targeted 10 times (9 catches) so far this season as Atlanta's TE2.  Might come cheap and is still only 28 years old.

I'd also look into Mo Alie-Cox, Indy's TE2.  The Colts like to use 2 TE's, but they drafted Kylen Granson in the 4th round in the 2021 draft, and Alie-Cox is a FA after the season, so they may be unwilling to unload him fairly cheap so they can get something for him.  Only 28 years old, too, so he wouldn't necessarily have to be a rental.

Are you sure you rather not talk about Jamal Adams some more?

We probably won't find anyone worth trading for now. As far as another pass catcher, I think Griffen will be OK for now. He doesn't  do much after the catch but he can catch the ball when open. 

I really don't  want to spend a high draft pick on a TE. We need DB's,  pass rushers, and we actually  need a RB. Carter is not the answer. I like Carter but not as an every down back. 

20 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

THis is what happens when your team sucks for most of your existance. You get delusionary,desperate and impractical.  The '68 Jets this team is not.  Give it a few years, but I like what is developing. 

I didn't say we were contenders. I'd like to win a few games this year though and I'd be looking into solidifying a weakness that directly affects the immediate development of our QB. That's really all this is.

25 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You mentioned you were not feeling well. Sorry to hear. Are you also with fever? It can defintaely affect a person's sense of reality.  Feel better.

I said I was going thru some real life stuff, not that I was sick lol. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn't say we were contenders. I'd like to win a few games this year though and I'd be looking into solidifying a weakness that directly affects the immediate development of our QB. That's really all this is.

I said I was going thru some real life stuff, not that I was sick lol. 

“Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”

bL.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

No leave him at LT. Draft Falele, that RT from Minnesota and get a Center.  Becton and Falele are big enough whee we dont need a RG.

Becton LT    AVT LG    Linderbaum   C Falele RT  

Just space them out and put another WR out there.  Gotta think out the box.

I wouldn't want to get way ahead, but....

Imo Becton is not a reliable franchise LT. If/when he comes back will help determine that decision. Personally I would say that we still need a LT, C, and RG.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I wouldn't want to get way ahead, but....

Imo Becton is not a reliable franchise LT. If/when he comes back will help determine that decision. Personally I would say that we still need a LT, C, and RG.

He's played less than a year whar are you talking about. You cant label him a bust.  You're a rookie here right? Should we label you a bust already?  You got to give him time to develop . He's been very good in teh run game and just needs to get his body and diet in better shape which he did. Innjuries are unfortunately part of the game. He should be back as strong as ever.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

He's played less than a year whar are you talking about. You cant label him a bust.  You're a rookie here right? Should we label you a bust already?  You got to give him time to develop . He's been very good in teh run game and just needs to get his body and diet in better shape which he did. Innjuries are unfortunately part of the game. He should be back as strong as ever.

If Becton were to play any other position from which the health of the franchise QB was not directly depended upon, then I could agree with you.

However, the fact that he has regularly dealt with a few injuries in the short span of time he's been in the NFL, as you point out, lends one to conclude that he will continue to deal with injuries.

Finally, it seems you took my position on Becton as a personal attack on you. No need to catch feelings ol' timer.?

Its all about availability .. if hes on the field less than 90% of the season unfortunately he is a bust. And that is the direction he is trending.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 10/4/2021 at 1:44 PM, Patriot Killa said:

If I was JD, I would consider seeing what's out there on the trade market at TE. This season isn't a wash just yet and we can win some games if this team continues to push in the right direction offensively. Miami is awful, the Pats are average.. maybe even a bit below.. and there is an extra wildcard seeding now! Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic after 1 win but it was an early win & there is time left!

I'm not saying we're playoff contenders as of October 4th, but we should strive to be & it would be awesome if we continued to be competitive. 

Another receiving option would give Wilson a security blanket and another target to find open. Ideally, you have another guy to catch passes if our WR depth takes another hit as well. Kroft is injured and there isn't a soul on the team that can play that position with any kind of average regularity. Finding one would go a long way in his immediate development.

I'm aware you can't just pluck someone from another team like you can in Madden, but it's just a thought in midst of an exciting Monday after feeling.

I think names like OJ Howard and David Njoku are attainable if JD truly wanted to apply pressure but probably not going to happen for valuable picks. 

can't say it's a bad idea.  they have the break coming up after the atlanta game so they could have a guy ready for the patsie game.  but at the same time a better option might be to get this oline straightened out.  becton might be on the verge of coming back. move moses to rg and fant back to rt or put becton at rt..

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There's no sense in trading draft capital. This team isn't close enough for that to make any sense.

Not for a one year player.  But if you can get a guard that you can keep under contract for two or three years...or a trade and sign type deal...

Then for sure you trade draft capital to upgrade the RG position.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Not for a one year player.  But if you can get a guard that you can keep under contract for two or three years...or a trade and sign type deal...

Then for sure you trade draft capital to upgrade the RG position.

I would be surprised if there was a RG available that would represent a meaningful upgrade. Good offensive lineman don't usually get traded, frankly.

35 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would be surprised if there was a RG available that would represent a meaningful upgrade. Good offensive lineman don't usually get traded, frankly.

Oh, I agree.  but that would be worth draft picks if one was available.  

I can't think of another position that would be though (maybe TE)