Places in the world you've been to or want to go to

Biggs

I pretty much stopped traveling since Covid.  I moved back to CT from AZ last October.   It's a love hate relationship.  Love the area hate that it's the Pats NFL territory.   I'm pretty well traveled and hope to do more of it at some point.   Was thinking we should have a travel log thread in the Lounge.

Places I've been a small sample:

Europe, China, Indonesia, Antartica, Alaska...

Places I want to go.  The Artic circle, African Safari, Iceland, Berlin...

Any great places including US that you've been to and love.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

ive been to a ton of great places like Brasil, Costa Rica, China and nearly every European country several times over. White water rafting in bosnia was crazy beautiful.....

I'd like to go to thailand and vietnam and australia, but thats the turbulence capital of the world and Im a bad bad flyer.

Ever since I was over the north pole coming home from China in a 747 that was being tossed around for an hour straight I am a very nervous flyer

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, Biggs said:

I pretty much stopped traveling since Covid.  I moved back to CT from AZ last October.   It's a love hate relationship.  Love the area hate that it's the Pats NFL territory.   I'm pretty well traveled and hope to do more of it at some point.   Was thinking we should have a travel log thread in the Lounge.

Places I've been a small sample:

Europe, China, Indonesia, Antartica, Alaska...

Places I want to go.  The Artic circle, African Safari, Iceland, Berlin...

Any great places including US that you've been to and love.

Outside the US? Off the top of my head: Italy, Korea, Turkey, China, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Portugal, Luxembourg, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Morocco, Iraq and Spain.  Oh, and of course England, Wales and Scotland.

Too many to list in the US but two favorites that are grossly underrated would be Charleston, SC and Gatlinburg, TN.

Edited by AFJF

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Outside the US? Off the top of my head: Italy, Korea, Turkey, China, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Portugal, Luxembourg, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Morocco, Iraq and Spain.  Oh, and of course England, Wales and Scotland.

Too many to list in the US but two favorites that are grossly underrated would be Charleston, SC and Gatlinburg, TN.

I would love to get back to Europe.  I would love to do a civ tour of Europe, but my kids started popping out grandkids.  No way in hell I am getting grandma out of the states for a tour now.

I will be in Gatlinburg in two weeks.

Anywho, I want to go places that are warm and have a beach.  

• Upvote 1