Josh Adams Chooses Not To Come Back To Jets Practice Squad

17 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Can't say I blame him.

He's been here for 3 years and never seemed to get a chance.

He's big, with good speed and is effective with the ball in his hands.

Sorry to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

He’s be good on the Ravens. If I’m him, that’s where I would go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

2020 Regular Season

Adams had 5.4 YPC with 2 TD's on 29 carries.

Perine had 3.6 YPC with 2 TD's on 64 carries. 

2021 Preseason

Adams had 5.4 YPC on 14 carries

Perine had 2.6 YPC with 1 TD on 18 carries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it's that anyone thinks Adams is a superstar but just that he's better than some of the trash we have. Perine can't stay healthy either. Adams should have been ahead of him if nothing else. Still would have wanted more game time I imagine but he should go somewhere where he's actually treated fairly. 

Do you think that the staff based the decision of very small sample sizes of games and pre-season games? Or, what they saw day in and day out on the practice field, in film study, and in the locker room?

I have no idea whom is better, but I would guess the decision was based on the latter.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

2020 Regular Season

2021 Preseason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it's that anyone thinks Adams is a superstar but just that he's better than some of the trash we have. Perine can't stay healthy either. Adams should have been ahead of him if nothing else. Still would have wanted more game time I imagine but he should go somewhere where he's actually treated fairly. 

What did Ty Johnson average last year?

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do you think that the staff based the decision of very small sample sizes of games and pre-season games? Or, what they saw day in and day out on the practice field, in film study, and in the locker room?

I have no idea whom is better, but I would guess the decision was based on the latter.

All practice reports indicated Adams was making more plays. And that's pretty much their entire career in any meaningful sense under similar conditions. The difference aren't slight - Adams is playing levels above. 

They favoured Perine because they burned a 4th rounder on him. No other reason. Adams is better and everyone knows it. Perine offers nothing but work for the medical staff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

All practice reports indicated Adams was making more plays. And that's pretty much their entire career in any meaningful sense under similar conditions. The difference aren't slight - Adams is playing levels above. 

They favoured Perine because they burned a 4th rounder on him. No other reason. Adams is better and everyone knows it. Perine offers nothing but work for the medical staff. 

Practice reports made by whom? What are their qualifications, and how integral are they in the film study with the coaching staff?

If we are to believe that this staff makes decisions based upon THEIR draft choices and where they were drafted, how do we explain Mims?

There are things that we as fans are not privy. There was a small uproar by some on this site when Bless Austin was released. How could the Jets dismiss an asset on the perceived weakest unit on the team?

The only thing that we can judge is performance on the field through W's and L's. By and large that is the greatest and somewhat most fair barometer. To date, those are very mixed. The goal is to show progress. For this week, they showed that. Next week may be a whole different story. 

Mine has been to see what this looks like in total after 16 games. This knee jerking is arthritic to my frail body.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Practice reports made by whom? What are their qualifications, and how integral are they in the film study with the coaching staff?

If we are to believe that this staff makes decisions based upon THEIR draft choices and where they were drafted, how do we explain Mims?

There are things that we as fans are not privy. There was a small uproar by some on this site when Bless Austin was released. How could the Jets dismiss an asset on the perceived weakest unit on the team?

The only thing that we can judge is performance on the field through W's and L's. By and large that is the greatest and somewhat most fair barometer. To date, those are very mixed. The goal is to show progress. For this week, they showed that. Next week may be a whole different story. 

Mine has been to see what this looks like in total after 16 games. This knee jerking is arthritic to my frail body.

You act like there's much more to playing running back than picking up yardage. It would be one thing if Perine was renowned for his skills in pass protection but last year showed he was exceptionally awful at that too. 

Mims has attitude issues, it's pretty obvious based on everything they've said. That and we're stacked at the position. There's no Crowder's or Moore's ahead of Adams at running back. Although it is a great example of keeping a guy on a roster because of his draft position - By all accounts Vyncent Smith was ahead of him on the depth chart but Mims kept the spot probably because of his perceived value. Thanks for proving my point. 

W's and L's as a barometer for measuring running backs? That is frankly laughable. I guess Chase Edmonds will be pleased to find out he's better than Derrick Henry. 

Don't complicate things. It's the most simple position in the game. You get the ball and look to advance - By every metric Adams has been better than Perine. He got screwed. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You act like there's much more to playing running back than picking up yardage. It would be one thing if Perine was renowned for his skills in pass protection but last year showed he was exceptionally awful at that too. 

Mims has attitude issues, it's pretty obvious based on everything they've said. That and we're stacked at the position. There's no Crowder's or Moore's ahead of Adams at running back. Although it is a great example of keeping a guy on a roster because of his draft position - By all accounts Vyncent Smith was ahead of him on the depth chart but Mims kept the spot probably because of his perceived value. Thanks for proving my point. 

W's and L's as a barometer for measuring running backs? That is frankly laughable. I guess Chase Edmonds will be pleased to find out he's better than Derrick Henry. 

Don't complicate things. It's the most simple position in the game. You get the ball and look to advance - By every metric Adams has been better than Perine. He got screwed. 

Like I said originally, I am going to trust practice reports LESS, and coaching evaluations MORE. This staff has NOT convinced ME, that they don't deserve that presumption. 

It sounds like Adams was the one that declined the opportunity with the jets. Not vice versa. Maybe he read the room, and decided not gamble on himself. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

2020 Regular Season

2021 Preseason

I think the fact neither of them are seeing the field at all should let you know their level of skill in relation to others.

• Upvote 1