Josh Adams Chooses Not To Come Back To Jets Practice Squad

Meanwhile this team is struggling to establish a running game and the hardest running half back on the team can't get on the field.   Which reminds me, why is Coleman on the team??   I swear this CS is so focused on scheme fit, it can't see the forest for the trees.  Same thing with Perine; there is nothing that he has done that makes me think he should be ahead of Adams.  Just JD giving his pick every opportunity which I can understand to a degree but as was stated, every time I saw Adams run the ball he did so with power and effectiveness.  I guess he wasn't good at blitz pick up or catching passes or didn't play special teams etc.  Bottom line, he was a talented player that I wish we would have given more a chance. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Don’t quote me on this, but I think a team has to put him on the 53 man roster if they claim him off waivers.

You might be right, but of course, if he clears waivers, he can go to any team he wants and go directly to the practice squad.  

If a player gets picked off of a practice squad, I believe they must put that player on the active roster.  A player can't decide to leave one team's practice squad and go to another practice squad.

• Upvote 1

its all about the line. 

didnt anybody watch this Sunday? how many times did you see a Titan fly though the line untouched and tackle our RB 2-3 yds behind the LOS. do you think Adams is some kind of magician and that wouldn't happen to him?

i loved Adams and im sad to see him go. he should have stayed over Coleman and Perine for sure. but we are in good hands with TY and MC.

Its kind of sad that a player who likely has his stuff stashed in a rental apartment in New Jersey would choose to pack it up and move somewhere else, assuming he even gets another offer, rather than to go back on the Jets practice squad.  He obviously sees no potential there.

Its not like he is Gale Sayers, but he did appear more useful than Perine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, Beerfish said:

Carter is a keeper but the Jets need one or two more RBs next year.

Ty Johnson who has looked good at times has fallen off badly, Perine will be cut next year, and Tevin Coleman is this regimes frank gore. a guy who gets way too may touches for what he brings.

Tevin Coleman gets 4.4 ypc which is the team's average.  He has the highest average of any RB on the team.  More than Carter.  His yards per reception isn't so great, but his catch percentage is the highest of anybody with more than 1 catch.  Frank Gore averaged 3.5 ypc on a team that averaged 4.1.  He had the lowest yards per carry on the team.  Less the Perine, Less than Bell.  Less than Ballage.  He had 1.2 ypc less than Ty Johnson and 1.9 ypc less than Josh Adams.  They are not in the same stratosphere as far as belong on the team/NFL.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, Irish Jet said:

You act like there's much more to playing running back than picking up yardage. It would be one thing if Perine was renowned for his skills in pass protection but last year showed he was exceptionally awful at that too. 

Umm, pass protection, catching passes out of the backfield, etc.

Pass protection is the reason the M Carter was slow rolled. I have no idea why the Jets didn't give him more chances, but I doubt it was just where Perine was drafted - especially when he was out.

• 3 weeks later...