Our best value draft pick

hmhertz

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

MC2 and Bryce Hall have stabilized the back end of the defense. Guidry is also a good player who tackles like a linebacker. This is JDs/ Ulbrich’s masterwork so far this season. 

It really makes the draft next year more unpredictable.

I know you weren't asking, but I'd love a top Edge with our first pick.  Pair him with Huff and a healthy Lawson and this will be sack exchange 2.0.  Q, Rankins, and JFF crashing the middle without any double teams....  I'm drooling at the thought.  

After that, they need to find a way to get Linderbaum.  He pushes McGovern to G and the interior line becomes a strength. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I know you weren't asking, but I'd love a top Edge with our first pick.  Pair him with Huff and a healthy Lawson and this will be sack exchange 2.0.  Q, Rankins, and JFF crashing the middle without any double teams....  I'm drooling at the thought.  

After that, they need to find a way to get Linderbaum.  He pushes McGovern to G and the interior line becomes a strength. 

I just think if they re-sign JFM and Foley then they return the same DL + Lawson. Do they really need to add another starter to that group? It’s an interesting place to be. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I just think if they re-sign JFM and Foley then they return the same DL + Lawson. Do they really need to add another starter to that group? It’s an interesting place to be. 

They might not be in position for a top edge again for a long time.  Add the freak stud while you can.  

It's the only way we will get past Buffalo or Kansas City when the offense is ready to compete. 

• Upvote 4

MC2 and Bryce Hall have stabilized the back end of the defense. Guidry is also a good player who tackles like a linebacker. This is JDs/ Ulbrich’s masterwork so far this season. 
It really makes the draft next year more unpredictable.
Yeah I was gonna say Hall was impressive yesterday....played well on a couple one on one deep balls with no safety help, and was also in on at least 1 sack

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Yeah I was gonna say Hall was impressive yesterday....played well on a couple one on one deep balls with no safety help, and was also in on at least 1 sack

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The Bryces played well , Hall & Huff. (Is the plural of Bryce…Bryci.) Either way they both played well.
  • Sympathy 1

MC2 another one of those busted JD draft picks.....lol

and who could have know that Hall a 2020 draft pick needed a little more that just ONE YEAR to show he is a pretty good player.....umm ME!

makes me excited to see how year 2 will be for Becton, Davis and if Mims can get out there.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The Bryces played well , Hall & Huff. (Is the plural of Bryce…Bryci.) Either way they both played well.

We have a lot of defensive players stepping up each week. Once the offense starts to get a good grasp of the zone blocking scheme and the playbook, things can really change in a hurry IF we have the players capable of being consistent within that system. At least they showed us a boat load of heart this past week which was much more than I expected vs Tennessee

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

That’s a great question. Do we take Kayvon if he really is a special talent at edge or take someone like Evan Neal or someone else? It’s just all good that some anticipated weak spots like LB and CB are looking solid so the Jets can focus on weaker positions in the team next year through FA and the draft. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s almost unbelievable that we can have that discussion. Can’t wrap my head around the concept of the Jets having “options”… but yea  you can’t pass on the duck imo. Lawson may or may not return or his old form and that did at Oregon is  Von Miller caliber top shelf. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We have a lot of defensive players stepping up each week. Once the offense starts to get a good grasp of the zone blocking scheme and the playbook, things can really change in a hurry IF we have the players capable of being consistent within that system. At least they showed us a boat load of heart this past week which was much more than I expected vs Tennessee

I agree with you that as they play more together they will continue to gel and get better. I am concerned about the ceiling of GVR. He may be the weak link until the Jets find an upgrade. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s almost unbelievable that we can have that discussion. Can’t wrap my head around the concept of the Jets having “options”… but yea  you can’t pass on the duck imo. Lawson may or may not return or his old form and that did at Oregon is  Von Miller caliber top shelf. 

Agreed that they have to take Thibodeaux if they’re drafting at 1 but I’m assuming they end up picking 5-10.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Agreed that they have to take Thibodeaux if they’re drafting at 1 but I’m assuming they end up picking 5-10.

We’re still going to draft an Edge rusher even if it’s not Thibodeaux IMO. It’s the position that takes a Saleh D from good to great. He wants his Nick Bosa here.

Imagine this front 7 if we had Carl Lawson right now. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Your boy Rashawn Slater looks really really good for the chargers tonight playing LT.

The Jets were getting either Slater or AVT in the draft. I think Slater went one pick ahead. That’s when JD seemed to make his move up the board.

I think both players are going to turn out to be excellent.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We’re still going to draft an Edge rusher even if it’s not Thibodeaux IMO. It’s the position that takes a Saleh D from good to great. He wants his Nick Bosa here.

Imagine this front 7 if we had Carl Lawson right now. 

Drafting an edge makes more sense when you consider Carl Lawson probably won't be as explosive.  I think he'll still be good though.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Among all rookie CB's, Michael Carter II ranks 2nd

Today, 02:37 PM

Gang Green Nation @GangGreenNation 6m
RT @DWyattHupton: Among all rookie CB's, Michael Carter II ranks 2nd so far this season with a grade of 72.5. That's ahead of 1st round guys like Newsome, Horn & Surtain. He's allowed 77 yards in four games, with 2 pass breakups and 0 penalties & 0 TD's. @DukeFOOTBALL #TakeFlight #DukeInTheNFL https://t.co/1rzwuSmykT
Tags: None

JD sucks....LOL

16 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

McGovern SUCKS send him to O'Reily's. I dont want him near this team next year.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

Drafting an edge makes more sense when you consider Carl Lawson probably won't be as explosive.  I think he'll still be good though.  

We probably winning a few more games - say 5-6 and picking in top 8. FU Gase. Thibodeux dropping that far back is improbable so next edge guy is Drake Jackson.  2nd #1 pick would have to be TE Widemyer. But would you take Linderbaum if he's sitting there?  

14 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

In the off season, I was sorta wanting JD to go sign Sherman when looking at our CB crew.  After seeing the young guys play, and seeing Sherman last night, I'm the first to admit I was wrong...

They were carving him up like it was Thanksgiving.  Revis must be laughing his azz off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1