Maye facing DUI charges from February arrest

37 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I realize he's not Jamaal Adams and that in itself is reason to think the guy is a good guy.  But he has not been this angel some make him out to be.  And he's not that good.  Again, JD has played this situation really well.  No need to overpay for this dude.

Just another in the line of successful 2nd round picks.  Add mims to the list.

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

His value is in the toilet right now. We won’t get anything for him… best course of action would to tag him again and revisit his trade market next year 

Seeing how “economic” JD is, add the fact that Saleh/Ulbrich have shown they can build a competitive 2dary with rookies and waiver claims so far (no need to spend $ on that “coached up” unit), I don’t see Maye being paid TOP $. His possible replacement (A.Davis) is active on the roster as well. 

Maye will be traded or they just let him walk in FA. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Seeing how “economic” JD is, add the fact that Saleh/Ulbrich have shown they can build a competitive 2dary with rookies and waiver claims so far (no need to spend $ on that “coached up” unit), I don’t see Maye being paid TOP $. His possible replacement (A.Davis) is active on the roster as well. 

Maye will be traded or they just let him walk in FA. 

At this point, hopefully we can get a bag of used kicking tees for him. 

Wow - you have to figure that Maye would take a smaller contract to get a deal done with this pending situation especially if the Jets and the NFL didn’t know about it.  But then again maybe he would of taken a smaller contract but he wanted some language in the contract that he wouldn’t lose pay if suspended or something like that. In either event JD didn’t fall for it. I forgive Maye though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

His value is in the toilet right now. We won’t get anything for him… best course of action would to tag him again and revisit his trade market next year 

Agree 100%

Or, I’d go even further try to lock him up long term at reasonable money on a 2 or 3 year deal now

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Wow - you have to figure that Maye would take a smaller contract to get a deal done with this pending situation especially if the Jets and the NFL didn’t know about it.  But then again maybe he would of taken a smaller contract but he wanted some language in the contract that he wouldn’t lose pay if suspended or something like that. In either event JD didn’t fall for it. I forgive Maye though. 

Absolutely.  He’s probably facing a 2-4 game suspension.  If Maye wants to get paid on a multi year deal the Jets are maybe his only option now

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Well now we know WHY he has been nothing but professional and towing the line with the team. Didnt want to shine uneccesary light on himself I bet. 

His ass was probably hoping he could make this go away quietly. 

Good point.  I mean I don’t think it’s mature to be as much of a clown as Adam’s so he’d probably be more low key anyway but still, you may be onfi  something g 

This sounds like another Herndon situation.  He did not have a few drinks.  He was intoxicated.  

He also hid it so he would get a franchise contract.   

The Johnsons don’t write big checks to players who get into problems like this.  I think he is done on the Jets.  He should get a big suspension to save the Jets money they should not have paid him. 

11 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

It’s actually even worse than that

the NFL has a program that sends drivers to pick up players who are drunk to take them home free of charge.  All the player has to do is call the number

It's actually even worse than that.

They send two drivers - one to pick them up and one to take their car home....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The lack of awareness of athletes and their reps is astounding.
Maye has always come off as a "solid citizen", but how delusional
is he and his reps not to think that this wouldn't get out???
Did they really think by hiding this incident it would help Maye's
reputation and his contract negotiations???

• Upvote 1