Maye facing DUI charges from February arrest

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm enjoying piling on Urban Meyer, but this is a way more important topic. 

I don't understand how people with money do not prioritize not driving drunk. I will not drink if I don't have a way to get home without being behind the wheel of a car. Marcus Maye can afford car service or a driver. 

Driving before passing out in his puke too, not a borderline case of DUI makes it hard for me to imagine.  Why?  I wonder if he hid it from his agent too.  

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, juxsta said:

I wonder what his Dbag agents witty response on Twitter is going to be to this…

here you go:

Erik Burkhardt

Maye's agent, Erik Burkhardt, said in a statement to ESPN: "It is an ongoing legal matter and our attorney has advised us we cannot comment.
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Driving before passing out in his puke too, not a borderline case of DUI makes it hard for me to imagine.  Why?  I wonder if he hid it from his agent too.  

The Jets should be able to revoke his Franchise Tag.  They should do that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm enjoying piling on Urban Meyer, but this is a way more important topic. 

I don't understand how people with money do not prioritize not driving drunk. I will not drink if I don't have a way to get home without being behind the wheel of a car. Marcus Maye can afford car service or a driver. 

Teams actually give them access to a car service any time they need it.  All a player needs to do is ask.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

It’s actually even worse than that

the NFL has a program that sends drivers to pick up players who are drunk to take them home free of charge.  All the player has to do is call the number

I get the feeling that the players are concerned that this will be used against them. Even if it's supposed to be an anonymous program the players don't trust the league. But, the idiot players can afford a lousy Uber.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

All she wants is $30K, he could have offered her $50K at the scene and all this never happens.

She drives a Volvo.   Nothing says I follow the rules more than owning a Volvo.  

Maye puked on himself and hit the safest car on the road and nobody was hurt.

This could be a Volvo add if Maye and his agent play their cards right. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I get the feeling that the players are concerned that this will be used against them. Even if it's supposed to be an anonymous program the players don't trust the league. But, the idiot players can afford a lousy Uber.

After Richardson, Wilkinson, Robby, Herndon and others, who is the last knucklehead the Jets paid a large contract to?  

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Is this worthy of a 4-6 game suspension?

This could be way more then that.  A boderline DUI gets him at least 2.  He puked all over himself and the car.  Not a boderline case. 

Left the scene of an accident.  That could get him jail in Florida, then got another ticket 6 weeks later.  That's going to make some judge angry.  The NFL suspension might  be the least of his trouble.

On top of that the dope didn't report it to the NFL.  That's going to make Roger angry.  

Suspect Maye is done for at least this season, maybe a good bit more.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wow, this is beyond stupid.  With all the freaking money these guys have...Just hire a driver for a month. OMG...

To his credit, Florida does make you crazy, but you can tell that someone grabbed ahold of Robby Anderson and kept him on the straight-and-narrow.  We have not said boo after the “eye” incident.

But the Johnsons were not investing money in him.  

Marcus Maye has gone off the rails.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

like why the heck would the league care if a guy went on a bender in Feb (offseason) and asked for a car.

frankly they should just take a car where they want to go so no issue with being tempted to drive drunk.  or get one of your guys to stay sober during the night.

many people drove buzzed 15-30 years ago.  but now with Uber it's just dumb.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

In Florida you get a DUI  you have to turn your DL  in.  Actually the cops take it at time of arrest.  

Did it not say that part of the charge was driving with a suspended license?  That indicates to me the license was already suspended before all of this happened?  I better go back and reread the story.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Did it not say that part of the charge was driving with a suspended license?  That indicates to me the license was already suspended before all of this happened?  I better go back and reread the story.

Once the cop takes your DL, and gives you a DUI, your DL is suspended.  As I recall in Florida they used to give you ten days before the DL is suspended, but I'm pretty sure now it's suspended on the spot.  

5 hours ago, batman10023 said:

like why the heck would the league care if a guy went on a bender in Feb (offseason) and asked for a car.

frankly they should just take a car where they want to go so no issue with being tempted to drive drunk.  or get one of your guys to stay sober during the night.

many people drove buzzed 15-30 years ago.  but now with Uber it's just dumb.

In most professional settings being a hardcore alcoholic is a bad thing

in the NFL that’s called being normal

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No the second incident in Orlando happened after Maye’s drunken hit and run

• Upvote 1