*** MNF: Raiderps vs Chargers ***

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would really like to see the NFL adopt the college game rules on pi.

46 yard penalties.....meh

You can almost kill a guy on roughing and its 15

Hasn’t the 5 yard defensive holding kinda minimized the PIs, compared to years past? I think it has. It’s not called as often, just against the Jets lol. You still surrender a 1st down, but you won’t get killed on the yardage.

but I like the current system. By capping the PI to 15 yards, DBs will just hack away on all deep balls and gladly give up the 15 yards in penalty as opposed to what you may risk under the current system penalty or allowing the completion. 

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Hasn’t the 5 yard defensive holding kinda minimized the PIs, compared to years past? I think it has. It’s not called as often, just against the Jets lol. You still surrender a 1st down, but you won’t get killed on the yardage.

but I like the current system. By capping the PI to 15 yards, DBs will just hack away on all deep balls and gladly give up the 15 yards in penalty as opposed to what you may risk under the current system penalty or allowing the completion. 

The problem is that you just heave up long passes and since dbs can't do a thing these days without being called you get one of these 45 yard penalties every game.  I just think it works really well in college, its still a dire penalty 15 yards and auto 1st down.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The problem is that you just heave up long passes and since dbs can't do a thing these days without being called you get one of these 45 yard penalties every game.  I just think it works really well in college, its still a dire penalty 15 yards and auto 1st down.

Taking shots downfield rewards itself.  Like you said you don’t even have to make a play these idiot refs will call anything PI

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

8 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Taking shots downfield rewards itself.  Like you said you don’t even have to make a play these idiot refs will call anything PI

I agree with what you 2 point out that is the REAL issue:

incompetent referees who make HORRENDOUS calls at dubious times.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It’s a chargers home game ha ha but 74% of the fans  in the stadium will be Raider fans.   Love getting an extra home game every year.  That has to be disheartening to be on offense in your own stadium , and crowd chanting defense.  Raiders own the LA market, and could be the AFC West with a win tonight.

It was really disheartening to the Chargers.  All the way through the win and all the cheers they were getting when they won the game.  

At least they didn’t have to take off their costumes and make up in shame after being exposed

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

@Raideraholic

The very BEST thing about the Raiders is that they moved to Vegas so now the Vegas books are suckers to their very own game because they overrate the Raiders.  The Raiders made me $500 tonight.  I'm so glad they suck.

Lets be honest here.  When its all said and done, the Raiders will finish 3rd or 4th in that division and not make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets be honest here.  When its all said and done, the Raiders will finish 3rd or 4th in that division and not make the playoffs.

shhh!  I'd like to continue to cash in on fading them in the right games.  This one might have been the best of the lot.  It was f'ing so obvious that they would lose with that bad defense going against Ekeler.  The real question was by how much.  I thought 10, I bet 9 and it ended up 14.  A profitable evening from the Raiduhs once again.  The gift that keeps on giving. @Raideraholic thank you

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Chargers may be the best team in the league.

Their one loss was a travesty where the officials absolutely f*cked them. 

That said it's absolutely embarrassing how little support they bring to their stadium. They basically don't get a home field advantage. 

That's what they get for moving away from their fan base in San Diego.   I still think it was  a dumb move by both the franchise and the city who could not work out a deal to keep them there.  I don't know if the Chargers will ever be viewed as a home team in LA.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

shhh!  I'd like to continue to cash in on fading them in the right games.  This one might have been the best of the lot.  It was f'ing so obvious that they would lose with that bad defense going against Ekeler.  The real question was by how much.  I thought 10, I bet 9 and it ended up 14.  A profitable evening from the Raiduhs once again.  The gift that keeps on giving. Thank you  @Raideraholic thank you!

Fixed it for you 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

That's what they get for moving away from their fan base in San Diego.   I still think it was  a dumb move by both the franchise and the city who could not work out a deal to keep them there.  I don't know if the Chargers will ever be viewed as a home team in LA.

Because they wouldn’t have the crowd vs the Raiders?  I get Oakland isn’t an impossible trip to SoFi and some are fans from the Raiders LA days but why don’t they have home field against every other team other than maybe the trams?

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because they wouldn’t have the crowd vs the Raiders?  I get Oakland isn’t an impossible trip to SoFi and some are fans from the Raiders LA days but why don’t they have home field against every other team other than maybe the trams?

Not just against the Raiders.  Any team.  San Diego is not LA.   The Chargers had a pretty loyal fan base who most likely took the move as a slap in the face.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not just against the Raiders.  Any team.  San Diego is not LA.   The Chargers had a pretty loyal fan base who most likely took the move as a slap in the face.  

Jets go to LA to play the Chargers they’ll have a home field, same with the Browns, Dolphins, etc etc.  

Yes, they’re not embraced by the fans right now as they were in SD but the two games they’re losing their home field advantage is a trade of for the extra revenue they’re getting by playing at SoFi 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets go to LA to play the Chargers they’ll have a home field, same with the Browns, Dolphins, etc etc.  

Yes, they’re not embraced by the fans right now as they were in SD but the two games they’re losing their home field advantage is a trade of for the extra revenue they’re getting by playing at SoFi 

Yep, always about the money for ownership, I guess.  But it seems a shame that one of the original AFL teams should just walk away from its fans, most of whom won't ever make the 110 mile trip to LA.

This is from 2017, but I'm sure many still feel this way.

For nearly two-thirds of adult San Diegans who were Chargers fans last year, the thrill is gone.

Just 36 percent of fans polled this week identify as fans of the pro football team that, after spending 56 years in San Diego, now calls itself the Los Angeles Chargers and operates out of Orange County.

With 81 percent of respondents saying they were Bolts fans in 2016, that means about 64 percent of the club’s San Diego fan base was lost to relocation, per a spokesperson of SurveyUSA, which conducted a poll of 800 adults. The poll, sponsored by the Union-Tribune and KGTV-TV San Diego, carries a margin of error ranging from 3.1 percent to 4.6 percent.

Three of four San Diegans put most of the blame for the club’s relocation on either club owner Dean Spanos, the NFL or the team itself, with Spanos coming in for the lion’s share at 59 percent.

Among San Diego adults who were Chargers fans last year, the current state of affairs has created three camps of nearly identical size.

One in three say they’ll root for the team to lose its games this season, while slightly more (35 percent) say they’ll root for the team to win.

Thirty-two percent, meantime, say they’re not sure how they’ll react to the organization officially known as the 2017 Chargers Football Company, LLC.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/sd-sp-chargers-fans-dwindle-in-number-in-san-diego-20170728-story.html

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Yep, always about the money for ownership, I guess.  But it seems a shame that one of the original AFL teams should just walk away from its fans, most of whom won't ever make the 110 mile trip to LA.

This is from 2017, but I'm sure many still feel this way.

For nearly two-thirds of adult San Diegans who were Chargers fans last year, the thrill is gone.

Just 36 percent of fans polled this week identify as fans of the pro football team that, after spending 56 years in San Diego, now calls itself the Los Angeles Chargers and operates out of Orange County.

With 81 percent of respondents saying they were Bolts fans in 2016, that means about 64 percent of the club’s San Diego fan base was lost to relocation, per a spokesperson of SurveyUSA, which conducted a poll of 800 adults. The poll, sponsored by the Union-Tribune and KGTV-TV San Diego, carries a margin of error ranging from 3.1 percent to 4.6 percent.

Three of four San Diegans put most of the blame for the club’s relocation on either club owner Dean Spanos, the NFL or the team itself, with Spanos coming in for the lion’s share at 59 percent.

Among San Diego adults who were Chargers fans last year, the current state of affairs has created three camps of nearly identical size.

One in three say they’ll root for the team to lose its games this season, while slightly more (35 percent) say they’ll root for the team to win.

Thirty-two percent, meantime, say they’re not sure how they’ll react to the organization officially known as the 2017 Chargers Football Company, LLC.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/sd-sp-chargers-fans-dwindle-in-number-in-san-diego-20170728-story.html

It does suck.  Owners leaving their fan base behind, the fans that made the franchise worth what it’s worth sucks. Same with the Raiders.  They celebrate baby Davis meanwhile he screwed the fan base, took his team to the desert of Vegas to play football in front of gamblers who got free tix as comp

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

There was no reason for them to leave, their poor owner should have just put up more money to help build a stadium.

Instead, he paid 500 million to move and play in some one else's house, in a town that doesn't always support football well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They abadoned their fan base?  It's probably ten times as far, but I doubt it takes too much longer to drive to Inglewood from San Diego than it takes to drive from Shea to the Meadowlands. 

I think you're severely underestimating SoCal traffic.

21 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

It’s why we have the right QB for it. And why Mims should be playing.  Tall, fast, target that fights for the ball. He’ll get the PI calls and also make tough catches.  
Guys like Davis need perfect passes to catches.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s why we have the right QB for it. And why Mims should be playing.  Tall, fast, target that fights for the ball. He’ll get the PI calls and also make tough catches.  
Guys like Davis need perfect passes to catches.    

Trying to dink and dunk is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They abadoned their fan base?  It's probably ten times as far, but I doubt it takes too much longer to drive to Inglewood from San Diego than it takes to drive from Shea to the Meadowlands. 

you greatly underestimate SoCal traffic.  I'll take Cross Bronx, LIE, Van Wyck, FDR, GCP, I-95 any day over anything in So Cal. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:05 PM, Raideraholic said:

It’s a chargers home game ha ha but 74% of the fans  in the stadium will be Raider fans.   Love getting an extra home game every year.  That has to be disheartening to be on offense in your own stadium , and crowd chanting defense.  Raiders own the LA market, and could be the AFC West with a win tonight.

Hey Bud...fix that OL. Need Jacobs to do well in fantasy.

The Raiders made the offseason decision to blow up their offensive line. Let’s start with the data and then make a surprise determination off it:

Alex Leatherwood sticks out as the weak point in the offensive trenches. His 34.6 PFF grade is among the worst in the league at right tackle, ranking 28th in run blocking and 41st in pass blocking among players with 60 or more snaps.

The rookie has given up three sacks and taken four penalties on his 200 snaps in just three games.

While the Raiders used the No. 17 pick on the Alabama product this year, it's obvious he is not ready to start. Sending him to the bench while he develops should be at the top of coach Jon Gruden's to-do list.

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you greatly underestimate SoCal traffic.  I'll take Cross Bronx, LIE, Van Wyck, FDR, GCP, I-95 any day over anything in So Cal. 

I don't know.  Took me about an hour and 45 minutes to go the ~ 20 miles from the stadium to LaGuardia after the game Sunday.  Have not been in So Cal for a few years, but I can't imagine it is much worse than that.

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Maybe.  I've been there.  I've lived in NY and DC.  Color me unimpressed. On a bike I will take southern California any day.  The point still stands.  The new stadium will not take that much longer from San Diego than Long Island to the Meadowlands.