Bryce Hall, you animal.

Can he follow the legendary annals of VeryGood to Legendary CBs past drafted by the Jets: J. Hasty, A. Glenn, Ray Mickens, M. Coleman, Revi$?

So far, he sat 1/2 his rookie season and then just took off running; Hall hasn’t looked back since. Fingers crossed, but he IS a football player and one of JDs saving graces thus far from that ‘20 draft. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Fingers crossed, but he IS a football player and one of JDs saving graces thus far from that ‘20 draft. 

Even a blind hedgehog finds an acorn now and again or something like that. Better yet even a broke clock is right once a day. No seriously I think the coaching staff is a major influence on JD's drafting and the coaching staff for JD's 1st draft was Adam Gase's staff so JD should get a pass for that draft.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its glorious.  What a find by Joe Douglas.  The best, young GM in football.

Ah yes……….the superlative homer statements of blind praise. Lol 

I don’t think anyone can be a complete JD hater if you really analyze all his transactions over the past 2.5 years -some good and some bad. 

It is fair to call into question certain moves and decisions (QB depth for example)made by him. Like all those in charge of making decisions where results are expected, harsh scrutiny is a given, but so will be the praise - ESPECIALLY by this SB starved fan base - when the team FINALLY can contend. 

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Does skeptable just downvote everything positive about the Jets?

I thought it rather comical. I asked myself what did I state (+/-) that would irk someone enough to downvote? Lol

perhaps the word “annals” makes him lustfully nervous? Lol

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

These are the results you get when you have an elite GM.

Ball washing supplies are in aisle 2, jk.?

lol. Elite is a tad much, but considering the GM history with this accursed franchise,  I’d go with Solid. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Ah yes……….the superlative homer statements of blind praise. Lol 

I don’t think anyone can be a complete JD hater if you really analyze all his transactions over the past 2.5 years -some good and some bad. 

It is fair to call into question certain moves and decisions (QB depth for example)made by him. Like all those in charge of making decisions where results are expected, harsh scrutiny is a given, but so will be the praise - ESPECIALLY by this SB starved fan base - when the team FINALLY can contend. 

thats not what was going on here last week.

JD must be fired now.....he cant ever draft for us again...... worst GM ever...

thats not questioning moves, thats hate. i dont know how they enjoyed the game on Sunday. 

and dont get me started on what they said about Wilson and Saleh. after 3 games...

nobody wanted JD fired on Aug 31. they were all going to give him, till the end of the season and then after Denver they all jumped ship. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats not questioning moves, thats hate. i dont know how they enjoyed the game on Sunday. 

and dont get me started on what they said about Wilson and Saleh. after 3 games...

nobody wanted JD fired on Aug 31. they were all going to give him, till the end of the season and then after Denver they all jumped ship. 

They didnt enjoy the game.  Thats why they were nowhere to be found last night.  Most are still hiding in their closets while we are here celebrating and having a great time.

Now its time to rack up another win in London and the clowns wont be here for another 2 weeks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

How about the preseason predictions that because he ignored the CB position the defense would be passed on all game and the Jets wouldn’t be able to stop anyone.  Historically bad actually 

• Upvote 2

What's even more impressive if you think about it is with how bad the offense has been the Jets have probably played near the top (or bottom if you prefer) of # of defensive series played so it's even more impressive. More impressive still is that our safeties have been sort of a revolving door and yet the corners are playing fantastic. And it is not just MC2 and Hall but Guidry is playing really well and Echols despite lower PFF grades has been pretty solid.

Not a CB but it's worth noting that Huff is on a rapid ascent playing better each week.

I think our early round needs in the draft will still be offense next year, C, G, T. TE 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What's even more impressive if you think about it is with how bad the offense has been the Jets have probably played near the top (or bottom if you prefer) of # of defensive series played so it's even more impressive. More impressive still is that our safeties have been sort of a revolving door and yet the corners are playing fantastic. And it is not just MC2 and Hall but Guidry is playing really well and Echols despite lower PFF grades has been pretty solid.

Not a CB but it's worth noting that Huff is on a rapid ascent playing better each week.

I think our early round needs in the draft will still be offense next year, C, G, T. TE 

Good call, I think Guidry really deserves a shout out here too, he gets forgotten but he’s done really well since he came in last year to the point that we really don’t miss Brian Poole at all which is a fair complement as Poole was one of the better slot corners in the league and easily one of our best performers in recent seasons….he’s clearly super fast and good in coverage but was hugely impressed with his tackling, for a smaller guy he packs a wallop and plays physical. He kept showing up on Sunday.

i can’t remember being this excited about our young secondary since 1988 when we had Hasty & McMillan emerge from that draft class.

• Upvote 2