Sunday AM in London-Jets are 3.5 Pt dogs

50 minutes ago, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Underdogs in London ......your thoughts fellow Jet fans?

Well from what I hear being the masochists the Brits are, that there is a TON of Jets fans in London so we will have a slight home advantage for an "away" game. It will also be the first average defense Zach has played so if he takes another step I think we are really the favorites. Interestingly, home teams are below .500 this year another good indicator.

I found the last game when we played the Dolphins back In 2015, we were outnumbered 10:1.

It’s a completely unique experience, as there’s no real atmosphere as fans aren’t going to support the Jets or Falcons, they’re going to see NFL… which makes it not loud.

You say 3.5 underdog? I say thank you and I’ll see you on the other side 2-3.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I noticed in my photos from the Dolphins game 4 years ago that there was a guy wearing a Moseley jersey. Must have been a premonition.

But that's the thing about London games, you get fans from pretty much every team there.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

There's definitely far more Phish fans than Jets fans in the UK. Goes back to the 80s when the NFL first started being shown here, and you could only get merch for a few teams like the Phish, 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Bears and Giants. It was near impossible to get Jets stuff.

We were massively outnumbered at that last London game, but that did make it even sweeter when we annihilated them.

Suspect a big neutral NFL fan crowd at this game - don't think the Falcons have a huge fanbase here either.

I remember that things were pretty loud when we first got the ball, after the opening Dolphins drive. Then Fitz lobbed one up for Marshall, something like a 40 yard completion, things went very quiet. We went on to score on that drive, beat the Phish handily ... Philbin got fired straight after. Happy times. :-) 

All the Dolphag fans will still turn up and cheer against us, as well as the Patsie fans. Not sure who will cheer against Atlanta specifically ... Saints fans I guess, TB fans. I expect we'll still be in the minority. But as British Jet rightly points out, the fans want a good game and the neutrals will get behind the more exciting team. If we get to Ryan early and make his life tough it'll help, and any Wilson magic will be sure to meet with approval.

• Upvote 3

Falcons do not get enough support in atlanta much less they will get it in London.

Matt Ryan has limited mobility from what i have seen in the  Giant game so keep that pass rush coming after him like the Titans game

• Upvote 2

I expect the Jets to take a step back this week.

I really do think it's going to be up and down, with progress.  Think of it like 1 step backwards, 2 steps forward.

This is not a good football...We shouldn't expect it to be a good football team.  As we saw last week, we hope they continue to flash serious potential, but there's still so much to clean up and we're lacking talent everywhere.

• Upvote 1

I went to the game in London against the fish.  Weird atmosphere, jerseys of every team were worn, even saw some NFL Europe jerseys.  The fans cheer for every play, they love punts and kicks (soccer bias) but as said previously they will get behind the more exciting team.  It’s takes a bit.  Jets can swing the crowd if they beat up Ryan and Zach plays well.  I like our chances of building on last week and winning this game outright. 30-21 Jets. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I remember finding it odd that the fans wore jerseys of just about every team. Whoever they liked or owned a jersey of. Unlike here  here when it’s typically the colors of the two yeahs playing. Unless of course @jetstream23 who wore a Jets jersey to Giants/Pats suoerbowl. 

It can be fun to play "spot the jersey". I think last time the Jets were over I saw at least one jersey for every team.

IMG_20151004_125959986_HDR.jpg

• Haha 1

I definitely think that this particular Falcons team is there to be had and somewhat made to order for this Jets team.  I agree with the idea that we are a work in progress and likely to see two steps forward and one step backwards for some time to come but in this case I think we get our second forward step in a row this week.

If not we can always fall back on the old long plane ride, strange environment disrupted schedule type excuses while conveniently overlooking the fact that the same was also true for our opponents.  

At least the defense will be facing real receivers this week.

Tottenham Hotspur stadium is a huuuuge place.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I definitely think that this particular Falcons team is there to be had and somewhat made to order for this Jets team.  I agree with the idea that we are a work in progress and likely to see two steps forward and one step backwards for some time to come but in this case I think we get our second forward step in a row this week.

If not we can always fall back on the old long plane ride, strange environment disrupted schedule type excuses while conveniently overlooking the fact that the same was also true for our opponents.  

if the jets can get that same pass rush, with ryan back there, that should really help.  would be nice to force a turnover or two.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The Falcons really only have 1 real WR in Ridley. He is great but if Bryce Hall is legit that could be a wash and the rest of the Falcons WRs are just not good unless you consider Pitts a WR and even he has been slow to emerge. 

I am more interested to see if Lafleur and Wilson are able to carve up a horrible Falcons defense.   

2 hours ago, faba said:

Falcons do not get enough support in atlanta much less they will get it in London.

Matt Ryan has limited mobility from what i have seen in the  Giant game so keep that pass rush coming after him like the Titans game

Jets lucked out.  This is supposed to be a road game at Atlanta in that noise filled Georgia dome instead it’s at a neutral site that will be mostly Jets fans

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I remember finding it odd that the fans wore jerseys of just about every team. Whoever they liked or owned a jersey of. Unlike here  here when it’s typically the colors of the two yeahs playing. Unless of course @jetstream23 who wore a Jets jersey to Giants/Pats suoerbowl. 

Fans in Europe don’t root for a particular team they just like to watch the sport 

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Assuming we get the Titan version of the Jets offense, we should be favorites. Atlanta has put up less than 20 points a game and given up more than 30. Jets defense could create real problems for Ryan. Jets put up more than 20 and I think they win.

I haven’t watched any of their games but if their defense is average or below average, the offense should be able to score points. Only thing stopping the Jets from winning this week is the Jets.. and maybe the travelling. Good test for Coach Saleh in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

I think two glaring weaknesses from our performance on Sunday. The three 3rd and longs Jets D gave up. Those were killers after overall a strong D performance. When they talk about cleaning things up that’s number one IMO. And a below average running game. If they could get that to work better a lot easier for Wilson to be successful. But easier said than done. 

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

Fans in Europe don’t root for a particular team they just like to watch the sport 

A large amount of fans do support a particular team, but as we can only see very few live games you have to take what you can get. Hence why there will be a wide mix of fans at the game Sunday, and actual Jet / Falcon fans will be in a minority.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Underdogs in London ......your thoughts fellow Jet fans?

I'm actually leaning towards taking the points here.  However, my sports betting usually involves zero betting either for or against the spread in any Jets game.  But I'm always willing to do the under in what is always a low scoring game.  Let's see how the line moves in the next few days.

Not really related, but just remember this from all this overseas game talk.  The year the Jets came to Tokyo they played in the Tokyo Dome, home of the Giants (their famous baseball team). I called up and was willing to pay for the best seats and asked how much tickets were for 50 yard line seats.  The ticket girl was confused and after a pause said there were  none.  She said we only have tickets for left field, center field, or right field lol. 

• Haha 1