Sunday AM in London-Jets are 3.5 Pt dogs

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I remember finding it odd that the fans wore jerseys of just about every team. Whoever they liked or owned a jersey of. Unlike here  here when it’s typically the colors of the two yeahs playing. Unless of course @jetstream23 who wore a Jets jersey to Giants/Pats suoerbowl. 

Can't believe you remember that. lol

I wore my Namath jersey to the SB the Pats lost to the Giants and the one where they beat the Seahawks (the strangest and most surreal sports experience of my life).

• Haha 1

Some things that we could see, or not...

1. Jets ride their momentum, have some confidence now, no pressure of trying to get that first win for the HC or QB.

2. Both the offense and defense, operating with new schemes, players and coaches confirm that they're starting to find their groove and get comfortable.  If they're growing into the schemes after 4 games then this is a big positive.

3. Atlanta had the 27th ranked OLine heading into Week 4.  The Jets are proving to have one of the better Front 4/7 in the league thus far.  Advantage Jets.

4. The Jets have faced Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Mac Jones and Ryan Tannehill.  While okay QBs, none are the level of Matt Ryan (even a past-his-prime Matt Ryan).  Also, Tannehill who is the best of those four was without his two elite WRs in Brown and Juilo Jones.  Atlanta's OLine notwithstanding this will likely be the best QB-WR-TE combo the Jets have seen thus far.  Advantage: Falcons.  But a good test for this young Jets secondary.

5. Falcons defense isn't good, both against the rush and the pass.  I believe they're giving up the highest opponent QB rating and are bottom 10 in rushing defense according to yards per carry.  This is a good opportunity for the Jets to "get right" in this rushing scheme.  We've seen a few glimpses of how the rushing game could break open, but it just hasn't happened yet.  Maybe this is the week.  Playing with a lead would help and as we know the Jets hadn't led in any game all year until this past weekend.

Can the Jets overcome #4 above?  I think the game could be as simple as that.  Find a way to limit Calvin Ridley, Kyle Pitts a little bit and the Jets can win this game for sure.

• Upvote 3
51 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Can't believe you remember that. lol

I wore my Namath jersey to the SB the Pats lost to the Giants and the one where they beat the Seahawks (the strangest and most surreal sports experience of my life).

Dude I still remember laughing my face off when I saw you in a sea of red, white, blue and silver! Some funny shit!!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Take the Jets.  They're going to win outright. 

Kiss of death right here, ladies and gentlemen.

This is a young team.  Coming off a fairly emotional OT win, a setback game against a weak opponent is a virtual lock.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, British Jet said:

This is so egregiously incorrect I actually laughed out loud. Unlike in America, fans over here don't typically change their minds when they support a team. We pick our teams and will go to war for them.

Up to a certain age kids can get away with it, but once they're a bit older, that's it, they're stuck with that team.

But an adult who switches their support to another team? Deserved pariah status.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kiss of death right here, ladies and gentlemen.

This is a young team.  Coming off a fairly emotional OT win, a setback game against a weak opponent is a virtual lock.

lol, why am I the kiss of death?  

6 hours ago, British Jet said:

This is so egregiously incorrect I actually laughed out loud. Unlike in America, fans over here don't typically change their minds when they support a team. We pick our teams and will go to war for them.

Football has been big over here since the 1980s. This is the primary reason why a London franchise will never work. 90,000 fans go to these games. They support their team, we all play fantasy football, and just enjoy watching football. They won't drop their team for some random new franchise or "local team".

And yes, to echo someone else on here we definitely play "spot the jersey". 

As a life long fan of the Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders who knows many other life long fans of these teams, I'm both confused and offended by this comment.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I’m excited for this game.  Listening to Saleh on the Kay show the other day he brought up that he’s been there 3 times with Jacksonville.  He knows what they need to do to properly prepare their bodies for this game.

Atlanta isn’t that great of a team.  I’d be upset if the jets lost.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because you rarely pick the Jets to win, so we're definitely losing!

Fair, I cant remember the time I picked the Jets to win to be honest. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

As a life long fan of the Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders who knows many other life long fans of these teams, I'm both confused and offended by this comment.  lol

Fair. Just seen plenty of comments over the years, even on here about going off and supporting someone else when the going gets particularly tough. It has never sat right with me. 
It was a sweeping statement, perhaps unfairly, like the original comment that European fans don’t like particular teams!

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Some things that we could see, or not...

1. Jets ride their momentum, have some confidence now, no pressure of trying to get that first win for the HC or QB.

2. Both the offense and defense, operating with new schemes, players and coaches confirm that they're starting to find their groove and get comfortable.  If they're growing into the schemes after 4 games then this is a big positive.

3. Atlanta had the 27th ranked OLine heading into Week 4.  The Jets are proving to have one of the better Front 4/7 in the league thus far.  Advantage Jets.

4. The Jets have faced Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Mac Jones and Ryan Tannehill.  While okay QBs, none are the level of Matt Ryan (even a past-his-prime Matt Ryan).  Also, Tannehill who is the best of those four was without his two elite WRs in Brown and Juilo Jones.  Atlanta's OLine notwithstanding this will likely be the best QB-WR-TE combo the Jets have seen thus far.  Advantage: Falcons.  But a good test for this young Jets secondary.

5. Falcons defense isn't good, both against the rush and the pass.  I believe they're giving up the highest opponent QB rating and are bottom 10 in rushing defense according to yards per carry.  This is a good opportunity for the Jets to "get right" in this rushing scheme.  We've seen a few glimpses of how the rushing game could break open, but it just hasn't happened yet.  Maybe this is the week.  Playing with a lead would help and as we know the Jets hadn't led in any game all year until this past weekend.

Can the Jets overcome #4 above?  I think the game could be as simple as that.  Find a way to limit Calvin Ridley, Kyle Pitts a little bit and the Jets can win this game for sure.

Yup,

i’m having a hard time convincing myself NOT to take the Jets this week in my suicide pool.

The Falcons just don’t scare me. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

4. The Jets have faced Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Mac Jones and Ryan Tannehill.  While okay QBs, none are the level of Matt Ryan (even a past-his-prime Matt Ryan).

Funny, I think Matt Ryan might be the worst QB on this list in 2021. He's behind all of them in QBR.

11 hours ago, British Jet said:

Fair. Just seen plenty of comments over the years, even on here about going off and supporting someone else when the going gets particularly tough. It has never sat right with me. 
It was a sweeping statement, perhaps unfairly, like the original comment that European fans don’t like particular teams!

I think there may be an element of sport hopping / bandwagon jumping that we don't see in UK / Europe.

E.g. the baseball fans from Boston / NE who "became" football fans when the Patsies were suddenly winning everything, who then slink off back to baseball once the dynasty ends. (So we are told).

There's not really an equivalent here as there aren't that many "other sports" to watch besides football (of the soccer variety ;-)).

All my buds on the Old Main Drag are Jets fans ... that Dirty Ol Town has lots of great working class people that support the Green and White.

12 Man ****ers.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It can be fun to play "spot the jersey". I think last time the Jets were over I saw at least one jersey for every team.
IMG_20151004_125959986_HDR.thumb.jpg.7aef86b401866eee378f5f3ab0a080ae.jpg

Get there early and play 2 versions of Jersey bingo:

1. Count all 32 teams
2. Count from 1 to 99

If you need a 60 I’ll be on the 50 behind the Jets bench with my Brick jersey

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Like 1