Nick Mangold on the Butt Fumble ... worth the watch

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you can't watch that gif 10x and stare at Wilfork and Moore and see clearly I don't know what to tell you.

Before Sanchez makes contact, Wilfork has lifted Moore, turned his shoulders, and thrust him right into Sanchez' path.  Moore is a left guard and he was hoisted into the gap where the center used to be.  

NBC broadcast the game, Chris Collingsworth knew what was what:

https://youtu.be/82RIfy-gRa4

"Vince Wilfork just threw Brandon Moore into his quarterback....this is what Reggie White used to do to people."

SAR I

Quite literally the dude that was playing next to him and who knew the play and played the play is telling you the exact opposite. You have died on some strange hills but this one is up there for sure.

• Upvote 4

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Quite literally the dude that was playing next to him and who knew the play and played the play is telling you the exact opposite. You have died on some strange hills but this one is up there for sure.

All that really matters here all these years later is this-  have some love in your heart for Mark Sanchez.  He was a good Jet.  Still is.

SAR I

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

200.gif

Watch the video.  Moore is rag dolled, hoisted, and thrown right into Sanchez.  Moore is airborne and being tossed laterally before Sanchez arrives.  Horrible missed assignment.  Gets his QB killed. 

SAR I

Sure looks like he loses his balance and gets fully pushed after Sanchez already hits him.

34 minutes ago, Facts said:

Sure looks like he loses his balance and gets fully pushed after Sanchez already hits him.

His left foot is already 18 inches in the air and his shoulders are facing the sidelines because Vince Wilfork has already owned him.

Mark ran straight for an open hole that got filled with Moore’s buttocks because Moore made a terrible play against an elite opponent.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, SAR I said:

mooresfault.jpg

If Moore holds his block, the incident never happens.  Wilfork de-cleated him and threw him into his quarterback, the man that Moore was supposed to protect.

Look at the photo.  Moore is airborne and being thrown back before Sanchez contacted him.  Nick needs to stick to barbeque sauce.

SAR I

Moore is airborne  because Sanchez took his legs out sliding under him

51 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Moore is airborne  because Sanchez took his legs out sliding under him

The photo is before contact.  Moore is airborne because Vince Wilfork de-cleated him.

Find some love in your heart for Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

His left foot is already 18 inches in the air and his shoulders are facing the sidelines because Vince Wilfork has already owned him.

Mark ran straight for an open hole that got filled with Moore’s buttocks because Moore made a terrible play against an elite opponent.

SAR I

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The photo is before contact.  Moore is airborne because Vince Wilfork de-cleated him.

Find some love in your heart for Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Brandon Moore got blowed up on the play. He got nuked so bad that the impact moved him laterally. There can be no other objective interpretation. All Mangold is saying here is that Moore pitched a “stalemate” with Wilfork, which is just Mangold being nice. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brandon Moore got blowed up on the play. He got nuked so bad that the impact moved him laterally. There can be no other objective interpretation. All Mangold is saying here is that Moore pitched a “stalemate” with Wilfork, which is just Mangold being nice. 

515va3gcljL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

People line up at card shows to get Vince Wilfork to sign photographs of the Buttfumble.  This wouldn't be happening if Moore "tripped" on Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Can you blame him?  Moore hasn't shown his face since it happened, I think he still has Wilfork's handprints in his armpits.

SAR I

I don’t understand how anyone watches that clip and thinks it’s the fault of Sanchez. Obviously, Mark panics and makes a break for it, but he’s not expecting his most physically powerful offensive lineman to get knocked into the backfield like a bocce ball. Even in that clip, Mangold is telling us how freakishly strong Vince Wilfork was. It’s not like Moore has anything to be ashamed of. It’s Vince Wilfork!

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The internet is an endlessly disturbing place, but few things are more unsettling than the way middle-aged guys talk about Mark Sanchez.

He was our generational quarterback.

I was too young to see Joe Namath's magic, I suffered through Todd and O'Brien and Esiason and Testaverde and Pennington, miserable years.  Mark Sanchez had the best two seasons this franchise has ever had.  He's guilty of nothing but being a victim of poor coaching and a lousy scapegoating campaign.

SAR I 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t understand how anyone watches that clip and thinks it’s the fault of Sanchez. Obviously, Mark panics and makes a break for it, but he’s not expecting his most physically powerful offensive lineman to get knocked into the backfield like a bocce ball. Even in that clip, Mangold is telling us how freakishly strong Vince Wilfork was. It’s not like Moore has anything to be ashamed of. It’s Vince Wilfork!

Jets fans are stupid, that's the quick answer.  Instead of accepting the fact that they themselves were wrong and their team is no good, they scapegoat the likes of Mark Sanchez as if that one person was the root cause of their problems.  You think with the recent Adam Gase misread they'd learn their lesson by now.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The internet is an endlessly disturbing place, but few things are more unsettling than the way middle-aged guys talk about Mark Sanchez.

It’s at middle age when you realize how important the accurate documentation of history is, and how enthusiastically some people will seek to bend those histories to suit their own depraved ends.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

He was our generational quarterback.

I was too young to see Joe Namath's magic, I suffered through Todd and O'Brien and Esiason and Testaverde and Pennington, miserable years.  Mark Sanchez had the best two seasons this franchise has ever had.  He's guilty of nothing but being a victim of poor coaching and a lousy scapegoating campaign.

SAR I 

I mean, better you post this here than scrawl it in blood on your basement wall, I guess

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans are stupid, that's the quick answer.  Instead of accepting the fact that they themselves were wrong and their team is no good, they scapegoat the likes of Mark Sanchez as if that one person was the root cause of their problems.  You think with the recent Adam Gase misread they'd learn their lesson by now.

SAR I

I recently heard Rex talk about the Buttfumble and he was clearly upset that people remember it as Mark’s fault, citing that the team was fully imploding in that quarter, and Buttfumble was just a part of it. Naturally, Rex didn’t take any responsibility for that implosion, but he says it was just an awful game all around and the Jets got beat all over the field, even without the Buttfumble.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I recently heard Rex talk about the Buttfumble and he was clearly upset that people remember it as Mark’s fault, citing that the team was fully imploding in that quarter, and Buttfumble was just a part of it. Naturally, Rex didn’t take any responsibility for that implosion, but he says it was just an awful game all around and the Jets got beat all over the field, even without the Buttfumble.

The game was lost well before the play.  We were down 14-0, I went to get some hot chocolates for the kids, and by the time I got back to my seat the Patriots had scored two more times.  Before I finished the last sip, they'd scored again.

The Ryan Jets didn't end in November 2012.  They ended in December 2011 when Victor Cruz went 99 yards on Rex Ryan's awful, overrated defense.  We were 8-5 with 3 easy games to go against losing teams, all set up for another 11-5 season and playoff run, and Ryan's D blew all 3.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, Integrity28 said:

Photo shows Brandon Moore has one foot on the ground, the other being disrupted by the RT foot. The only reason he appears off-balance is because there is a Mexican under his ass.

Photo shows Sanchez under Moore, so how are you concluding any of the bold from this photo?

Don’t answer. 

07F145AC-5511-428F-9DFA-0A1125228756.jpeg

4DE85F2C-CD8F-4AD5-A364-E317980CE8F6.jpeg

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Photo is not before contact. Sanchez is already on the ground. 

He was sliding before contact was made.  Both knees are bent and both feet are in the air before Moore is thrown into him.

I swear, it's like the video evidence in the form of a looped gif and the original NBC broadcast with all its slo-mo's and closeups don't exist.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

He was sliding before contact was made.  Both knees are bent and both feet are in the air before Moore is thrown into him.

I swear, it's like the video evidence in the form of a looped gif and the original NBC broadcast with all its slo-mo's and closeups don't exist.

SAR I

He didn't  slide. He hit Moore and his legs went out from under him the force took Moore legs out.  

Look, you want to like Sanchez. You want to think he was a good QB, that is fine but he ran straight into Moore and the went to the groumd 

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He didn't  slide. He hit Moore and his legs went out from under him the force took Moore legs out.  

Look, you want to like Sanchez. You want to think he was a good QB, that is fine but he ran straight into Moore and the went to the groumd 

8834568.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Mark was sliding towards the line of scrimmage, feet first, just like Joe Girardi had instructed him.

Your "Mark tripped him" fantasy might not be so laughable if, you know, there wasn't a 350 pound nose tackle finishing his 10 yard ragdoll at full speed with a thrust force of 1,200 ft/lbs.

SAR I

I dont know why this debate exists when Mark Sanchize accepts it for what it was ... a catastrophic error on national primetime TV; on a holiday, and against the self proclaimed model franchize.

Uncalcuably Embarassing

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

8834568.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Mark was sliding towards the line of scrimmage, feet first, just like Joe Girardi had instructed him.

Your "Mark tripped him" fantasy might not be so laughable if, you know, there wasn't a 350 pound nose tackle finishing his 10 yard ragdoll at full speed with a thrust force of 1,200 ft/lbs.

SAR I

Mark was not sliding. He ran into Moore and fell down. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Mark was not sliding. He ran into Moore and fell down. 

nfl_buttfumble_1600x800.png

Mark was sliding.  Then Wilfork threw Moore into him causing the collision, the fumble, and the national embarrassment.

The offensive lineman is supposed to protect his quarterback, not sit on him.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So did Mark pop up off the turf into Moore's ass

1.  Sanchez starts to slide feet first like Joe Girardi instructed.

2.  Wilfork sees Sanchez coming, piledrives Moore into him.

3.  Moore colliding with Sanchez causes the fumble.

They call this the buttfumble for a reason.  Moore's butt caused the fumble.  Sanchez is the victim.  He did the right thing to try to salvage the play.  Moore got owned by Wilfork, that's the biggest offense of them all.  By the way, nothing to be ashamed about, the guy is a beast.  But don't hide like a coward and let your quarterback take the heat.  That's not right.

SAR I