Nick Mangold on the Butt Fumble ... worth the watch

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:
20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Can you blame him?  Moore hasn't shown his face since it happened, I think he still has Wilfork's handprints in his armpits.

SAR I

I don’t understand how anyone watches that clip and thinks it’s the fault of Sanchez. Obviously, Mark panics and makes a break for it, but he’s not expecting his most physically powerful offensive lineman to get knocked into the backfield like a bocce ball. Even in that clip, Mangold is telling us how freakishly strong Vince Wilfork was. It’s not like Moore has anything to be ashamed of. It’s Vince Wilfork!

This is like when Doritos and Taco Bell teamed up.

Nobody asked for it.  Nobody needs it.  And, frankly, it's disgusting.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

la-fi-mo-doritos-taco-bell-20130131-001

My daughter wanted one of these in the worst way, begged me for weeks.  The moment we bit in, ugh, just about the most awful tasting thing, ever.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

la-fi-mo-doritos-taco-bell-20130131-001

My daughter wanted one of these in the worst way, begged me for weeks.  The moment we bit in, ugh, just about the most awful tasting thing, ever.  

SAR I

I've never tried it.  But, there's 0% chance it tastes like anything other than regret.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

And they only teamed up because Pepsi owns both of them.  

I know that doesn't fit the metaphor.  Just wanted to point out that Pepsi is the worst.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

1.  Sanchez starts to slide feet first like Joe Girardi instructed.

2.  Wilfork sees Sanchez coming, piledrives Moore into him.

3.  Moore colliding with Sanchez causes the fumble.

They call this the buttfumble for a reason.  Moore's butt caused the fumble.  Sanchez is the victim.  He did the right thing to try to salvage the play.  Moore got owned by Wilfork, that's the biggest offense of them all.  By the way, nothing to be ashamed about, the guy is a beast.  But don't hide like a coward and let your quarterback take the heat.  That's not right.

SAR I

For crying put loud, he was upright on his feet when he faceplanted into Moore's but. No slide. The picture you showed he is layng on the ground 

gro

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For crying put loud, he was upright on his feet when he faceplanted into Moore's but. No slide. The picture you showed he is layng on the ground 

gro

He's trolling us.  Just negrep him and move on. 

He's only doing it for the attention, just like all trolls.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2021 at 4:16 PM, ZachEY said:

i have to disagree......unlike this utter nonsense that he is trolling with, the doritos tacos were pretty decent

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

200.gif

SAR I

You watch the video. Sanchez runs straight into Moore and his legs go out from under him getting tangled in Moore's feet tripping Moore. That is why he was airborne.  Keep listening to that idiot Collinsworth. I mean for Christ sake you showed a picture  where Sanchez's back was on practically  on the turf and said it was before contact. Did Moore sit on him while he was down there. I don't  think the video showed that. Did Sanchez slide down there, get up and then planted his face in Moore's  butt. I don't  think the video showed that either. 

I swear, there is something wrong with you to defend this. You want to know why this happened. Because Sanchez turned the wrong way to hand off the ball to the RB and panicked.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You watch the video. Sanchez runs straight into Moore and his legs go out from under him getting tangled in Moore's feet tripping Moore. That is why he was airborne.  Keep listening to that idiot Collinsworth 

Yes, Chris Collinsworth has made about 100,000 accurate football comments in his stint as color commentator on the NFL‘s most prestigious broadcast except the one time you decide he didn’t.  

Find some love in your heart for Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, Chris Collinsworth has made about 100,000 accurate football comments in his stint as color commentator on the NFL‘s most prestigious broadcast except the one time you decide he didn’t.  

Find some love in your heart for Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

I give Sanchez more credit than most people except maybe you. He was the QB that made the Jets a respectable team and won a bunch of playoff games, one that knocked the Pats out, but he ran into Moore's butt on this play. No denying  that. And every time I watch Collinworth I'm thinking it must be his voice because he has a great radio or TV voice, the southern accent, or the way he interacts with the other host because he makes a bunch of obtuse statements every game. One was Wolfork being able to lift a 300lb OL with his arms outstretched  in front of him. If you are wondering where Wilfork is today, he rents himself out as a forklift. I mean anyone who has ever lifted free-wieghts knows that is an isolated shoulder lift. I don't  think that is humanly possible to do. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I give Sanchez more credit than most people except maybe you. He was the QB that made the Jets a respectable team and won a bunch of playoff games, one that knocked the Pats out,

Very good.  I am counting on you to sign the petition for his inclusion in the Jets Ring of Honor.  It's long overdue.  

SAR I

On 10/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

And they only teamed up because Pepsi owns both of them.  

I know that doesn't fit the metaphor.  Just wanted to point out that Pepsi is the worst.  

I worked at the Pepsi HQ in Purchase as a temp probably 25 years ago for a week.  The best thing was the cafeteria was all the places Pepsi owned Taco Bell, KFC, whatever else, and all the soda was 5 cents.  It used to be free but someone took it all one time.  That was about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jago said:

if it said ring of horror count me in.

humor aside, nyj failures of that era def were not all on mark.
he’s got nothing to be ashamed of, but he’s not worthy of special honors.

Yeah, if Mark wants to be on the Ring of Honor, all he needed to do was win one of those 2 AFC Championship games and then Win the Super Bowl.  Then he is up there with his number retired. 

• Upvote 1