Vote for Zach Wilson for Rookie of the Week

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’m 100% serious. But that’s just me dude. He did this at BYU, not downplaying  it, it’s a natural gift, you can’t teach anyone who doesn’t show up with it.

That’s being said, kid needs to clean up the scripted stuff from the pocket. Once he does that, we have ourselves a top 10 QB at worse honestly. Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do. He earned the game ball Saleh gave him, but Rookie of the Week? Meh, he wasn’t even our best rookie on the field. I gave that to AVT Always next week though. 

BOOOoooo.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but I'm asking for your all important meaningless internet vote.  

It's rookie of the week not MVP or perfect player of the week.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I’m 100% serious. But that’s just me dude. He did this at BYU, not downplaying  it, it’s a natural gift, you can’t teach anyone who doesn’t show up with it.

That’s being said, kid needs to clean up the scripted stuff from the pocket. Once he does that, we have ourselves a top 10 QB at worse honestly. Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do. He earned the game ball Saleh gave him, but Rookie of the Week? Meh, he wasn’t even our best rookie on the field. I gave that to AVT Always next week though. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mac Jones completed a bunch of 1.3 yard passes in route to a home loss while Wilson took over the game slinging bombs down the field leading his young team to it's first victory of the season. FOH.

This sounds like excuses.

Zach almost choked the gave away. Mac had his team set to win, the loss was on Nick Folk. He outplayed the GOAT..

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Zach almost choked the gave away. Mac had his team set to win, the loss was on Nick Folk. He outplayed the GOAT..

Is that your take away? Seriously?

A 56 yard FG?

Yet Zach carried the team on his back, but missed a throw at the end so he almost gave the game away.

Unless you're joking and in that case, I apologize.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Herbert has a much better team around him on O and doesn't have a rookie OC. Plus he doesn't have JV members playing TE. This week we obviously need to use a spot for replacing our WSLB, but since no other area is that bad and has good enough depth hopefully they bring up TE Kenny Y.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m 100% convinced  Zach Wilson has shown up to every game since high school expecting to throw 5 TD passes. I honestly believe that. It’s a good thing. Just needs to be fine tuned to handle the easy ones 

He is not that bad with the shorter stuff. Saleh brought up the numbers but he completed a lot of the short to mid range passes and did much better in this game in that area. Plus between this game and the other 3 many of the short to mid-range routes the receivers many times are having trouble catching the ball, but many of those are also a little behind them usually so he has to clean those up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The loss was on Belichick (Scumbag), taking a 56 yarder in the rain with noodle leg Folk, instead of going for it on 4th down when your QB just hit 19 in a row.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He is not that bad with the shorter stuff. Saleh brought up the numbers but he completed a lot of the short to mid range passes and did much better in this game in that area. Plus between this game and the other 3 many of the short to mid-range routes the receivers many times are having trouble catching the ball, but many of those are also a little behind them usually so he has to clean those up.

He's very good with the short stuff when he has even a modicum of time.

Don't let these anti-zaxers get to you.  They're so committed to their initial dislike of the kid they can only see the bad plays.  Zach missing short throws is the outlier.  I just read if you take out the drops he has an over 70% completion rate.

All these QB's miss throws on occasion and Zach is no different.  

Yes, he can get better and he will get better....

Thank God someone out there agrees with me! I’m getting beat up! Can I feed you to be my bodyguard?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Herbert has a much better team around him on O and doesn't have a rookie OC. Plus he doesn't have JV members playing TE. This week we obviously need to use a spot for replacing our WSLB, but since no other area is that bad and has good enough depth hopefully they bring up TE Kenny Y.

I agree, wasn’t comparing was simply stating what it needs to eventually look like. Herbert showed strong as a rookie. 

No doubt, yet he had two chances to put this game away on passes he simply needs to make. 

This is an interesting point...

I wonder if this is a situation where the level of play at BYU will hurt him in the short term.  WR's are just much faster in the NFL.  3 years vs. 3 weeks.  So on these timing routes his instincts are a half a step short.  That will, of course, get fixed with time.  

Not a matter of the game being too fast, just a matter of getting used to where the receiver will be.  I don't know just a thought.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No doubt, yet he had two chances to put this game away on passes he simply needs to make. 

OMG!

So the rest of the game is null and void?  The fact that he put the team on his back and made plays when his WR's were dropping balls and slipping on the turf...and said, you know what - I'm going to win this game.

That all means nothing because he missed two throws?  Just want to be clear, if he makes the throw at the end of the 4th quarter - then he should have been rookie of the week?

Would not have had the drive in OT where he took the team all the way downfield - in a pressure packed situation...made his best throw of the season on a 3rd and 2 with all the pressure in the world on him....

but he missed two throws so he sucked.

I'm surprised by you, you're better than that...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG!

So the rest of the game is null and void?  The fact that he put the team on his back and made plays when his WR's were dropping balls and slipping on the turf...and said, you know what - I'm going to win this game.

That all means nothing because he missed two throws?  Just want to be clear, if he makes the throw at the end of the 4th quarter - then he should have been rookie of the week?

Would not have had the drive in OT where he took the team all the way downfield - in a pressure packed situation...made his best throw of the season on a 3rd and 2 with all the pressure in the world on him....

Cool story Fido. We honestly have no idea what he said and I agree he played way better after 60% of the game was over. If you want that to be because everyone let him down until then then that’s just fine. Have at it. 

Nobody said anything meant nothing but I’m not sure how practical we have to hope we win games by missed field goals in overtime. He should have hit that out to Davis or that pass to the tight end he threw in the dirt in the red zone. That doesn’t make anything else he did any less important but those are plays he needs to make going forward. No idea why that upsets you. 

Rookie of the week? Who cares? We need him to start delivering weekly, not sporadically with a couple wow throws and plenty of throws he simply should have made. We need him to be able to close out games by making the throws that are there. I loved the heroics and I love the kid, but I need more from him. That’s all. 

I agree that was all good and he was awesome, just needs to do the little things better. Yes, he was awesome in crunch time, he led his team to victory but needed dumb luck to do it. That’s a tie 7-10 times. Still kinda waiting for his first NFL game without a pick to be honest. He’s had one without a touchdown already or do we forget that one after this one? Or is that someone else’s fault? 

I said he sucked? In this thread? I thought I’ve been very positive and hopeful and I said a lot of positive things about him. If I said he sucked please point it out and I’ll edit it. 

Or by my not feeling motivated to vote him rookie of the week means I said he sucked? Wow, I think you’re better than that Fido. 

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cool story Fido. We honestly have no idea what he said and I agree he played way better after 60% of the game was over. If you want that to be because everyone let him down until then then that’s just fine. Have at it. 

Nobody said anything meant nothing but I’m not sure how practical we have to hope we win games by missed field goals in overtime. He should have hit that out to Davis or that pass to the tight end he threw in the dirt in the red zone. That doesn’t make anything else he did any less important but those are plays he needs to make going forward. No idea why that upsets you. 

Rookie of the week? Who cares? We need him to start delivering weekly, not sporadically with a couple wow throws and plenty of throws he simply should have made. We need him to be able to close out games by making the throws that are there. I loved the heroics and I love the kid, but I need more from him. That’s all. 

I agree that was all good and he was awesome, just needs to do the little things better. Yes, he was awesome in crunch time, he led his team to victory but needed dumb luck to do it. That’s a tie 7-10 times. Still kinda waiting for his first NFL game without a pick to be honest. He’s had one without a touchdown already or do we forget that one after this one? Or is that someone else’s fault? 

I said he sucked? In this thread? I thought I’ve been very positive and hopeful and I said a lot of positive things about him. If I said he sucked please point it out and I’ll edit it. 

Or by my not feeling motivated to vote him rookie of the week means I said he sucked? Wow, I think you’re better than that Fido. 

Well. This is a thread about rookie of the week. That’s what we’re discussing here. 
I completely agree he needs to hit either one of those throw.  And he knows it. Said as much the post game PC.  They were bad misses that happened at a very bad time.  I  confident he’ll get it fixed  I suspect he tightened up in the moment   

I completely agree, you have been very positive on ZW of late which is why i was a bit shocked to see you take such a negative outlook in this thread.  
I was a bit overboard on my criticism, I apologize…but I guess I’m tired of hearing that he was lucky and that those two throws are defining the game and not all the positives (not from you)
The two throws seem to be the main story here, not all the positives that came out of that game

I mean that drive in OT, how many rookies are putting together a game winning drive in OT? Especially after missing the game winning throw.  

There is no rookie more responsible for his team winning the game than ZW was for the Jets.
Heck, he might be more responsible for the Jets winning Sunday than any other single player in the league.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG!

I actually think Corey Davis shirt armed that pass, didn’t look like he extended his arms. Could’ve been placed better, but I think that’s a catchable ball. The low throw to the tight end in OT wasn’t good.

Another thing most aren’t talking about… Cole catching that bomb on Zach’s role out and falling to the ground. Not sure why he goes to the ground there, it’s a walk in touchdown. 

• Upvote 2

You’ve been brainwashed by the Mac Jones ball washing. “Hero ball” is an insult used to described reckless play, Wilson was an elite playmaker on Sunday. Mahomes level stuff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I actually think Corey Davis shirt armed that pass, didn’t look like he extended his arms. Could’ve been placed better, but I think that’s a catchable ball. The low throw to the tight end in OT wasn’t good.

Another thing most aren’t talking about… Cole catching that bomb on Zach’s role out and falling to the ground. Not sure why he goes to the ground there, it’s a walk in touchdown. 

From we’ve seen of Corey Davis is pretty much requires a perfect ball to catch it.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok. You are literally so bad at this I’m not going to even respond. May God have mercy on your soul. 

I agree with pichula's take.  ZW missed 2 throws but made some passes that maybe only 5 other QBs in the league could make.