Vote for Zach Wilson for Rookie of the Week

Jetsbb

18 minutes ago, Pichula said:

You’ve been brainwashed by the Mac Jones ball washing. “Hero ball” is an insult used to described reckless play, Wilson was an elite playmaker on Sunday. Mahomes level stuff. 

Yea, I’m brainwashed and totally in on Mac Jones. Obviously you got that from this post. 

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Or… don’t and let Zach get another win in London then go into the break then come out and beat the living hell out of New England at home and rub Mac Jones and his pace into the dirt.

Zach doesn’t need fakes confidence, he showed up give zero Fvcks, it’s just him. Mac Jones is the one that needs to be held up and told he’s a pretty pretty QB, Zach is a tough little bastid. 

1 minute ago, steJMike said:

I agree with pichula's take.  ZW missed 2 throws but made some passes that maybe only 5 other QBs in the league could make.

That’s a you problem who you agree with. This isn’t a skills challenge. This is a game that requires more than a couple legendary throws and only showing up for 40% of the game and missing two plays to put the game away. He has to improve his pocket presence and make the throws that don’t make highlight films. That’s all, kids gonna be great. Just not yet. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s a you problem who you agree with. This isn’t a skills challenge. This is a game that requires more than a couple legendary throws and only showing up for 40% of the game and missing two plays to put the game away. He has to improve his pocket presence and make the throws that don’t make highlight films. That’s all, kids gonna be great. Just not yet. 

He completed 62% of his passes and threw for 300 yards. And two 55 yard bombs are worth as much as 22 completions for 5 yards like your boy Mac Jones specializes in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Mac Jones outplayed Brady. Come on guys.

Mac lost the game!  Also putting his kicker in position to attempt a kick he hasn't made in many years.  Even if Folk made that kick Mac left Brady a minute to get into FG range. I wasn't that impressed 

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don't think anyone is saying there is no need for improvement.  He won the game made some big plays and deserves rookie of the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The rotund one is correct.  Zach needs to make those routine throws and make better decisions to get whatever ribbon they give you for RoOKie oF teH WeAk.

What he did Sunday was the equivalent of a long drive champion in golf.  You'll hit some awesome looking hero shots and get some props but you can't actually win in the PGA.

Not saying he'll never get there but lets slow down..  he was the worst QB in football hands down through 3 weeks that finally had a good game.  Lets see if we can get 2 in a row.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do.

100%. For the little I've watched so far, because of work on Sundays, I have not seen any sort of accuracy or touch on the throws that are supposed to be some of his strengths. I get he's under duress the first couple of games, but I need to see him clean that up soon. I like the progress of getting out of the pocket and throwing ropes downfield, but he's got to also get much better on what's open as well. We didn't see that lack of decision making in training camp. This will bug me if we took what was his strength and made him hesitant... 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pichula said:

the Mac Jones ball washing. “Hero ball” is an insult used to described reckless play, Wilson was an elite playmaker on Sunday. Mahomes level stuff. 

This exactly.

Meanwhile Mac Jones is 1-3 playing that "safe" playing that safe style of offense.  How's that working out for them?  The only team they beat was the lowly Jets.

It's nice to play safe, but you eventually have to try and win games.   Mac Jones continues to play the way he's playing they won't win many games.  The one time he was asked to win, he threw 3 int's.  

ZW's been asked to carry the team and win every week.

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If you dont think Mac Jones looked spectacular ... sorry bud ... you need glasses.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I think he put up 17 points.  No sure how you can call that "Spectacular" 

Throwing a lot of short passes won't win a whole lot of games in the NFL.

IF ZW was doing that - and Jets were 1-3 he would be getting KILLED around here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This exactly.

Meanwhile Mac Jones is 1-3 playing that "safe" playing that safe style of offense.  How's that working out for them?  The only team they beat was the lowly Jets.

It's nice to play safe, but you eventually have to try and win games.   Mac Jones continues to play the way he's playing they won't win many games.  The one time he was asked to win, he threw 3 int's.  

ZW's been asked to carry the team and win every week.

That’s a good point. We can add the only reason they beat the lowly Jets is likely the 4 interceptions thrown. The the rookie QB threw, while the rest of the team looked like they were actually trying to win that one. 

Mac Jones is a big doofus who likely reached his ceiling already. They have 100% protected him and have not asked him to win games  because they are smart enough to know his limitations. 

Yes, you have to eventually win games and you do that by functioning in all levels of the games. Hitting the routine ones is a big part of that and can likely be taught over time, that’s the good news Fido.

Zach has been asked to carry the team and I’m assuming he was also asked to hit the routine throws as well. Kid was spectacular this week and at times missed ones he should have had. His sky is the limit! Reminds me a bit of Josh Allen’s rookie season so far, makes some amazing  throws and leaves some easy ones on the table. 

In the end, it would be easier for him to carry the team if he hit the routines throws along with the big time ones. I’d like to see that before I get too damn excited, that’s all. If that makes me silly, we’ll damn it! I’m silly then! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pac said:

The rotund one is correct.  Zach needs to make those routine throws and make better decisions to get whatever ribbon they give you for RoOKie oF teH WeAk.

What he did Sunday was the equivalent of a long drive champion in golf.  You'll hit some awesome looking hero shots and get some props but you can't actually win in the PGA.

Not saying he'll never get there but lets slow down..  he was the worst QB in football hands down through 3 weeks that finally had a good game.  Lets see if we can get 2 in a row.

I honestly don’t know what is happening to some of you. It’s like you only can cope with the Jets sucking so you distort reality to allow you to still be miserable. 

Yout analogy is horrible. A better analogy is winning a golf tournament with spectacular shots and power, missing a 5 footer to ice the win in regulation and having to go to a playoff and winning there.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

100%. For the little I've watched so far, because of work on Sundays, I have not seen any sort of accuracy or touch on the throws that are supposed to be some of his strengths. I get he's under duress the first couple of games, but I need to see him clean that up soon. I like the progress of getting out of the pocket and throwing ropes downfield, but he's got to also get much better on what's open as well. We didn't see that lack of decision making in training camp. This will bug me if we took what was his strength and made him hesitant... 

He's made plenty of them.  Tape the games, if you want to get an accurate depiction of his performance.

He's made more than few very pretty touch passes throughout the 4 games.

He wasn't hesitant at all last week either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

That’s a good point. We can add the only reason they beat the lowly Jets is likely the 4 interceptions thrown. The the rookie QB threw, while the rest of the team looked like they were actually trying to win that one. 

Mac Jones is a big doofus who likely reached his ceiling already. They have 100% protected him and have not asked him to win games  because they are smart enough to know his limitations. 

Yes, you have to eventually win games and you do that by functioning in all levels of the games. Hitting the routine ones is a big part of that and can likely be taught over time, that’s the good news Fido.

Zach has been asked to carry the team and I’m assuming he was also asked to hit the routine throws as well. Kid was spectacular this week and at times missed ones he should have had. His sky is the limit! Reminds me a bit of Josh Allen’s rookie season so far, makes some amazing  throws and leaves some easy ones on the table. 

In the end, it would be easier for him to carry the team if he hit the routines throws along with the big time ones. I’d like to see that before I get too damn excited, that’s all. If that makes me silly, we’ll damn it! I’m silly then! 

Why are we acting like he misses every routine throw he had?

20 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not ready to reward him yet.   

The award is rookie of the week.  

Has nothing to do with rewarding anyone too soon.  Hes a rookie, did he have the best week of the rookies?  Then hes Rookie Of The Week.  

Hurts

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pac said:

Great analogy on the long drive championship, kid needs to work on his mid and putting. 

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If you dont think Mac Jones looked spectacular ... sorry bud ... you need glasses.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Holy hell really?  Mac Jones plays miniature golf and  uses a pink ball. Kids literally the Manilli Vanilli of the NFL. Secret? It’s not him, it’s the guys behind the curtain singing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I honestly don’t know what is happening to some of you. It’s like you only can cope with the Jets sucking so you distort reality to allow you to still be miserable. 

Yout analogy is horrible. A better analogy is winning a golf tournament with spectacular shots and power, missing a 5 footer to ice the win in regulation and having to go to a playoff and winning there.

Yes, do to a lightening storm that allows the ground to shake and the ball to roll in like in Caddy  Shack, 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fair enough and I don't disagree. 

I suspect Mac Jones also hasn't been given the whole playbook each week..  While we know ZW has, he's been thrown into the deep end.  

What we have to hope is the choice to open up everything for Zach is cause some confusion right now - but when he comes out the other end he'll be playing at a different level.  I do really think a lot of his misses are due to simply timing with his receivers.

He really does throw a lot of anticipation throws - alla Peyton Manning.  Problem is the timing between him and his receivers just isn't there yet.  And yes, he's missing a bunch too.

Lastly, he does seem to be really competitive and from what we've seen he tries too hard on occasion..and has made bad choices. He has to get that out of himself.

This will be a big test for him this week.  I think he has a rough day but maybe he'll surprise me.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Great analogy on the long drive championship, kid needs to work on his mid and putting. 

Holy hell really?  Mac Jones plays miniature golf and  uses a pink ball. Kids literally the Manilli Vanilli of the NFL. Secret? It’s not him, it’s the guys behind the curtain singing. 

ZW was 21 of 34 (with two bad drops and a WR slipping)

We're talking around like the two big ones were the only completions all day.

He made 19 routine throws and 2 spectacular ones.  We love the routine throws around here - somehow ZW doesn't get credit for the 20 because he made 2 great ones.  

Why so many Jet fans can't accept their QB had a good game is strange.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hero balls used to be called accurate long passes and they were a good thing, especially if you did it after escaping pressure.. True story, kids.

Was just going to say this.  

We want QBs to do exactly what we wanted out of our QB, we get it and we hear about these so called "hero balls".  

When did having the your QB improvise when he saw the safety drop off and signal the WR to go long, and drop a 60 yard bomb become reason to NOT vote for him as the weeks best?

The same ones we drool over when the passes come out of the passing hand of a Mahomes or whoever.  All because someone came up with an invented concern about a couple of QBs heading into the draft.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In the Jet game Mac threw for 186 yards in his only win.  

Otherwise he put up 16, 13 and 17 points all in losses.

We need to stop pretending like this Mac Jones is some type of Wunderkind.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Was just going to say this.  

We want QBs to do exactly what we wanted out of our QB, we get it and we hear about these so called "hero balls".  

When did having the your QB improvise when he saw the safety drop off and signal the WR to go long, and drop a 60 yard bomb become reason to NOT vote for him as the weeks best?

The same ones we drool over when the passes come out of the passing hand of a Mahomes or whoever.  All because someone came up with an invented concern about a couple of QBs heading into the draft.  

They are in lala land 

• Upvote 1