Vote for Zach Wilson for Rookie of the Week

Jetsbb

25 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I rewatched the game with the coaches film.

Zach played really, really badly to start off. Worse than I thought. Although Davis did slip on the pick it was never going to be complete. He also slipped before the ball was out and Zach might have been able to pull it down. It was a bad play. 

All the talk about his best plays coming on the run but so did his worst ones. On the drive where he actually got going there were two awful plays in a row. One where he missed Ryan Griffin who was wide open over the middle (admittedly under pressure) and another where he threw one straight to the Titans defender down the side line but another Titan deflected it away. If that had been picked then holy sh*t the boos would have been deafening. 

I'm pretty impressed that he bounced back like he did, he has some resilience and even against the Pats when he was throwing picks all over it's not like he started playing scared. He has self belief and if he can put in the work to develop that will definitely help him out. I also think people are downplaying how good the play to Davis was. It's not the distance the pass travelled but how effortless it looked on the move - Put it in the perfect spot after directing where he wanted Davis to go. It was phenomenal and probably the best play I seen this week. Anyone acting like any QB makes that play is a fool - Being able to throw it 56 yards doesn't mean you can do that. 

Zach was mostly making the right decisions. Even that play that should have been picked there was a play to be made but it was a difficult throw. I think he is learning what he can and can't do as he goes and I do think LaFleur can do a bit more to get him settled into a rhythm. Big week for him this week. Has to show he can punish poorer defences and Atlanta are exactly that. 

I haven't seen that tape but it sounds fair.  Also that sounds like best case for a rookie they opened the playbook for.  

LeFleur and Salah have stones to ride with Zach without a dumbed down plan.  Since Zach has that confidence this will pay dividends.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JN really trying to thread the needle on "LaFleur gets no credit" and "Zack Wilson didn't play well" after our first win. While I'm impressed with the effort y'all really need to work harder to fit some more JD bashing in here for the trifecta.

Actually JD’s draft picks and free agents showed out this game. Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you . 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  The ball traveled 56 yards in the air, that’s not some freakish feat.   Nice play, but hardly rare to see in college or pro ball. 

The reality is it was a Hail Mary, in a non-typical situation for one. Great play? Nah. It was a last resort sorta thing to salvage a series of missed, easy plays.

A horde of Jets fans calling it a “great play” when it was actually a broken play is classic JN. If you say it over and over, it must be true. 

I like Zach. I want him to succeed. Desperate sh*t like that is only necessary when you miss your easy throws.

Who cares if your center can alley-pop dunk once a game when he  misses all his free throws?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Actually JD’s draft picks and free agents showed out this game. Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you . 

Yes, I was at Panera and Janes Morgan prepared my soup in the bread bowl. 

Those bread bowls are quite good.

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Do I need to explain the 85% part to you? 

I thought you were joking. 

If the root of the argument is "relax, he hasn't made it yet.  Zach has work to do." Fine, I buy that all day.

85% won't stand up though.   It was a special play. I'm sorry Sam hurt you but it's ok to love again. 

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The reality is it was a Hail Mary, in a non-typical situation for one. Great play? Nah. It was a last resort sorta thing to salvage a series of missed, easy plays.

A horde of Jets fans calling it a “great play” when it was actually a broken play is classic JN. If you say it over and over, it must be true. 

I like Zach. I want him to succeed. Desperate sh*t like that is only necessary when you miss your easy throws.

Who cares if your center can alley-pop dunk once a game when he  misses all his free throws?

Nobody wants Ben Simmons...

9 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I thought you were joking. 

If the root of the argument is "relax, he hasn't made it yet.  Zach has work to do." Fine, I buy that all day.

85% won't stand up though.   It was a special play. I'm sorry Sam hurt you but it's ok to love again. 

There is no argument, that is just a fact.

The 85% will 100% fly because it's true.  sh*t, probably half the leagues back up QB's can do it.  In fact, I saw Kyle Trask do the same exact play for the Gators last year, only more difficult because he was rolling out to his left and it wasnt a designed roll out.  

And again, this isnt an insult to Zach.  It's an insult to the ball washers who are actually buying that "only so many QB's can make that play" gtfoh, I've seen it done in High School.

Holy hell really?  Mac Jones plays miniature golf and  uses a pink ball. Kids literally the Manilli Vanilli of the NFL. Secret? It’s not him, it’s the guys behind the curtain singing. 
I used to laugh hearing people say the same thing about Brady.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Pichula said:

I honestly don’t know what is happening to some of you. It’s like you only can cope with the Jets sucking so you distort reality to allow you to still be miserable. 

Yout analogy is horrible. A better analogy is winning a golf tournament with spectacular shots and power, missing a 5 footer to ice the win in regulation and having to go to a playoff and winning there.

The only ones making themselves look clueless were the ones who argued to draft Fields and are still twisted over it.

And they are miserable, they live for it.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pretty sure if I stretched for 2 minutes I can throw a ball 60 yards.

Anyway didn't Fields have like 5 passes over 25 yards from the pocket last week?  @JiFapono

lol - I see what you're doing.   I try not to bring him up around here, people get very sensitive, specifically with me and the Fields topic.  

That said, since you brought it up, lol, he was showing his downfield accuracy from the pocket for sure Sunday.  Dropping dimes.  His ball placement is ridiculous.  He had 2 on the sidelines 1 to Mooney and 1 to Robinson that might have been the 2 best throws I've seen all year.

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What gave it away?

That the only ones making themselves look clueless were the ones who argued to draft Fields?  

Every single one of them.  

Hmmmm.   Clueless?  

JiF (among others in thread) wanted Fields: all of their assessments of Zach Wilson go like this;  kid is better than we thought, does some really good things, he needs better fundamentals and pocket presence, he's much tougher than I thought, very sexy and with the right coaching, we could have a future stud on our hands.  Also, that throw, is being blown out of proportion.

Jet Nut - Fields "fans" are clueless fools, so I'm going to insult them because that's all I do in a good debate even though they are realistic about their take on Zach Wilson and you edited your post to say my life is miserable?

Bro, it's Football...chillax homey...

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lol - I see what you're doing.   I try not to bring him up around here, people get very sensitive, specifically with me and the Fields topic.  

That said, since you brought it up, lol, he was showing his downfield accuracy from the pocket for sure Sunday.  Dropping dimes.  His ball placement is ridiculous.  He had 2 on the sidelines 1 to Mooney and 1 to Robinson that might have been the 2 best throws I've seen all year.

Did you vote him for rookie of the week?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hmmmm.   Clueless?  

JiF (among others in thread) wanted Fields: all of their assessments of Zach Wilson go like this;  kid is better than we thought, does some really good things, he needs better fundamentals and pocket presence, he's much tougher than I thought, very sexy and with the right coaching, we could have a future stud on our hands.  Also, that throw, is being blown out of proportion.

Jet Nut - Fields "fans" are clueless fools, so I'm going to insult them because that's all I do in a good debate even though they are realistic about their take on Zach Wilson and you edited your post to say my life is miserable?

Bro, it's Football...chillax homey...

Beyond clueless when youre selling 85% of the QBs can do this, that HS students do it.  

Because you and the rest of the Fields contingent are the ones complaining and not being fans.  And dont care what Fields does or becomes.  And I originally wanted him moved on and the team drafted him some hes our guy.  But hey, Fields placement is impeccable and he made two of the best passes you saw all year.  LOL

Yes I responded to a post that "It’s like you only can cope with the Jets sucking so you distort reality to allow you to still be miserable. " with they are miserable.  

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

There is no argument, that is just a fact.

The 85% will 100% fly because it's true.  sh*t, probably half the leagues back up QB's can do it.  In fact, I saw Kyle Trask do the same exact play for the Gators last year, only more difficult because he was rolling out to his left and it wasnt a designed roll out.  

And again, this isnt an insult to Zach.  It's an insult to the ball washers who are actually buying that "only so many QB's can make that play" gtfoh, I've seen it done in High School.

I was still able to throw it 40-yards as recently as 5 years ago. In my 40’s.

These are pro level QBs. 50-60 yards should be table stakes.

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, this is all a little overblown w/ the "very little QB's can make that throw" stuff.   I see college kids throw similar bombs every Saturday.  Jets fans just arent used to see throws like this but I'd say 75% of the QB's in the league can make that throw/play.  We're getting a little carried away with this stuff.  

Not with the ease and accuracy that Zach does it. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The reality is it was a Hail Mary, in a non-typical situation for one. Great play? Nah. It was a last resort sorta thing

On a 1st down play with 9 minutes to play and the game ties 17-17?

Not seeing how last resort it was 

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Beyond clueless when youre selling 85% of the QBs can do this, that HS students do it.  

Because you and the rest of the Fields contingent are the ones complaining and not being fans.  And dont care what Fields does or becomes.  And I originally wanted him moved on and the team drafted him some hes our guy.  But hey, Fields placement is impeccable and he made two of the best passes you saw all year.  LOL

Yes I responded to a post that "It’s like you only can cope with the Jets sucking so you distort reality to allow you to still be miserable. " with they are miserable.  

The continued insults make your arguments weaker, not stronger.   I suggest you grow up and have a conversation like an adult.

85% of the NFL can make that throw.  I watched Kyle Trask, of all QB's, do the exact same thing last year in college, only, it wasnt a designed roll out and he was throwing across his body ie; a harder throw than what Zach pulled off.  The biggest point you're missing, Jet Nut, is that isnt an insult against Zach Wilson or you for that matter.  It's just stating a fact.  No need to get your panties in a wad over simple facts.

I didnt bring up Fields.  I never do.  That's you.  This time, you and Pac did.  So, I simply commented that he played very well and did what I loved about him as a prospect, pin point ball placement on the long ball from the pocket.  Why you're getting all worked up about this is weird.  You need to grow up dude.  Anytime anyone brings up a single little tiny criticism of Zach Wilson, you start in with your childish "the Fields fans are morons and clueless fools" and then tell me my life is miserable?  You're like a petulant child. 

And the hilarity behind your childish little meltdown is, I've said about 20 times and I know you've read these comments, that I'm confident I was wrong on Wilson.  The kid is much tough than I expected and looks to have a ton of potential if he can fix the fundamental stuff, which I'm confident with the right coaching he can.  And that's a good thing because Zach Wilson is the QB of my favorite team and I couldnt give a single solitary **** about Justin Fields.

Grow up.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/baldy-s-breakdown-zach-wilson-s-big-game-against-the-titans

The Keelan Cole throw on the right sideline was the same thing. I didn't see it in the broadcast, but he also went long off a corner route when the play broke down. (Around 25 seconds in). I mean, I'm glad he's making them, but getting better at on-schedule plays is way more important for his development right now.

• Upvote 2