17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You're just going to keep moving the goal post, aren't you? His 2020 draft was bad, but the Hall pick was good, but he got lucky. Do I have that right? 

It was a low risk, high reward pick, but he still made it, and he gets credit for it. 

He does get credit but it was a dart throw. Do you draft Ashtyn Davis ahead of Hall if you knew Hall would turn out this way?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John Franklin Meyers and Bryce Huff both undrafted FA signings by Joe Douglas? THought he could evaluate talent? 

Imagine when Carl Lawson comes back and we get another off-season to add pieces.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So is he a bust? 

Hint: he's not.

Not a bust. But staying on the field is part of being a good starter. Durability, especially at that position is critical. If he can't stay healthy moving forward, yes then he would become a bust. 

Do you deny this? 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Well so far Wirfs is winning that battle

That is irrelevant to the conversation. Anyone can look back at say that one pick is better than another. Picking Becton or Wirfs was the correct pick at the time. There wasn't much controversy about picking Becton over Wirfs. Only time will tell if one is better than the other, and it still wouldn't change the fact that drafting Becton was a good selection.

If JD was "lucky" by selecting Bryce Hall, he was "unlucky" when Becton got injured. 

AVT is playing better than Penei Sewell. Did the Lions pick the wrong OL? Maybe the Lions should have picked AVT over Sewell. See how silly that sounds?

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Mann is a freaking punter who starts.  A good punter is a huge part of team, have no clue how its a negative.  He starts by default because they arent looking to replace him.  Thats a negative?   Really?

Perine and all the RBs in this offense are starters, splitting carries is the way it works.  If he shows anything hes the first one to get carries along side Carter.

You do realize that at this point youre just complaining to complain 

Perine is not a starter, Coleman is not a starter, Johnson is not a starter. Carter is the starter on this team. Has been all season.  

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He hasn't  shown great ability  to catch the ball. Not so sure about body control and awareness of where he is on the field  by evidence of him running out of bounds  on his forst pass caught when he was wide open but Zack might have thrown him pit of bounds which aint a great thing either 

Three games.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Mann is a freaking punter who starts.  A good punter is a huge part of team, have no clue how its a negative.

Mann isnt good. Do people understand this? He was a bottom 5 punter statistically last year stats wise. You dont burn picks on punters or they better be the best punter to walk to earth.

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting/2020/regular-season?sort=puntavg&limit=50

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Perine is not a starter, Coleman is not a starter, Johnson is not a starter. Carter is the starter on this team. Has been all season.  

Kind of what I said, its RB by committee.  You want to take the stance that none are starters go for it.  But be clear when Perine comes back he will be in the mix and contribute.  

Thats the definition of a good 4th round draft pick

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Mann isnt good. Do people understand this? He was a bottom 5 punter statistically last year stats wise. You dont burn picks on punters or they better be the best punter to walk to earth.

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting/2020/regular-season?sort=puntavg&limit=50

And those numbers arent an accurate way of judging a P.  

And anyway you slice it hes a starter than no one is looking to replace.  Using the 6th round, 191st pick for a K doesnt mean he has to be the best punter to walk the earth.  Thats overblown nonsense

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not a bust. But staying on the field is part of being a good starter. Durability, especially at that position is critical. If he can't stay healthy moving forward, yes then he would become a bust. 

Do you deny this? 

Not a bust. All I needed to read. We’ll cross the injury bridge when we get there.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And those numbers arent an accurate way of judging a P.  

And anyway you slice it hes a starter than no one is looking to replace.  Using the 6th round, 191st pick for a K doesnt mean he has to be the best punter to walk the earth.  Thats overblown nonsense

zero reason to draft a punter....zero

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you dont think he is or will be youre right, we're done here.  

Becton played two seasons and will miss half of this season, want to bet when he returns hes an integral part of the OL and offense?  

In my opinion Becton flunked a major test measuring a player's dedication this off season. Came in way overweight (team said 40 ... some observers thought that number too kind) and was dinged up all preseason and ill-prepared for his start Week 1. He was not ready to play.

So Week 1 he plays like trash for a few series and leaves the game with a significant knee injury. There's no point in going crazy over it, but objectively that's a major red flag on his career. I'm sure he gets a clean slate for a do over in the likelihood that this season is a wash.

But take a look at the Giants 2nd year LT, Andrew Thomas. He was ridiculed for being in over his head last year while Becton shined. Yet Thomas has been a complete rock from the first snap of the season for the Giants. I don't know for sure that he worked hard in the offseason or that he arrived to minicamp in shape ... but I have my suspicions.  

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

zero reason to draft a punter....zero

Other than we didnt have one and could put one in place for years

The Raiders say hello

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of what I said, its RB by committee.  You want to take the stance that none are starters go for it.  But be clear when Perine comes back he will be in the mix and contribute.  

Thats the definition of a good 4th round draft pick

It's  not a committee.  Carter has 37 Carries Ty Johnson has 22, Coleman has 18. That isn't  even close. Carter has nearly double what Johnson. Has and is more than double what Coleman has. That is called change of pace.

As the season goes on and Coleman earns more trust, that will skew more in his favor than it is already unless he gets hurt. A commit5 is what is going  on in Atlanta  with Patterson and Davis. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  not a committee.  Carter has 37 Carries Ty Johnson has 22, Coleman has 18. That isn't  even close. Carter has nearly double what Johnson. Has and is more than double what Coleman has. That is called change of pace.

As the season goes on and Coleman earns more trust, that will skew more in his favor than it is already unless he gets hurt. A commit5 is what is going  on in Atlanta  with Patterson and Davis. 

With those numbers you've just defined RB by committee.  3 RBs arent a change of pace.  

Perine will be used, at least initially at the power back position.  Its needed

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When Becton is healthy hes playing.  Hes better than Moses and Fant,  That Fant has developed and grades out well is pure bonus and moves a negative on the JD ledger to a huge positive.   

Funny that some of us had tried reminding people that Fant was a developmental project coming off an injury when we signed him who had potential but were ridiculed.  

Maybe.  I don't think he was better week 1. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than we didnt have one and could put one in place for years

The Raiders say hello

Weren’t you in the crew downplaying kicking positions when we wouldn’t pay myers and let him walk which prob led to multiple 2019 loses 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe.  I don't think he was better week 1. 

I'm not sure he was healthy early, for whatever reason, and that needs to be addressed.  Plus in week 1 AVT was playing for the first time in a month which couldn't have helped the left side 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

And with that statement i define you need some football educational  videos

No, you need an education.  There a committee and then theres a back to takes almost all the carries like a Curtis Martin or Adrianne Peterson etc

Dont get shltty with me over educational videos etc.  Especially you 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you need an education.  There a committee and then theres a back to takes almost all the carries like a Curtis Martin or Adrianne Peterson etc

Dont get shltty with me over educational videos etc.  Especially you 

Just because you stare at the sky and say it's  Green doesn't  make it so. You don't  know what a committee  vs using third down backs is. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And what am I supposed to judge him on? Do you think Mims is going to be a solid player for us as well?

How about withholding judgement until he gets a chance to develop a rapport with Wilson? 

No. I do not think that Mims will be a solid player for the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And with that statement i define you need some football educational  videos

To be fair, I think there are a few things going on.  These guys have not said they want to run RBC.  They said "hot hand."  We haven't really had one, but still.  I think Coleman was dinged coming into the season and he missed week 3 with an illness.  I think they have limited Johnson's carries because he has ****ed up in pass protection a few times.  It's not that they don't want to give him run, but they don't want to get Wilson killed.

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just because you stare at the sky and say it's  Green doesn't  make it so. You don't  know what a committee  vs using third down backs is. 

Beauty is you continue to make the same wrong comments about the RBs.  

Yeah I'm the one who doesnt know.  

I'm insulted 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Beauty is you continue to make the same wrong comments about the RBs.  

Yeah I'm the one who doesnt know.  

I'm insulted 

You see, all you do is say I am right, you are wrong and give no substance.

I purposely  don't  ever respond to anything you post for this reason. I mean if your opinion of me is as low as you say, why do you respond to my posts? I really find that puzzling. You are the rainbows and sunshine guy and I'm the skeptic. We will never agree until things go in a positive direction. For three games you had nothing to say to me and now the team has a pulse for 1 game and you are back to the same old act with me? 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You see, all you do is say I am right, you are wrong and give no substance.

I purposely  don't  ever respond to anything you post for this reason. I mean if your opinion of me is as low as you say, why do you respond to my posts? I really find that puzzling. You are the rainbows and sunshine guy and I'm the skeptic. We will never agree until things go in a positive direction. For three games you had nothing to say to me and now the team has a pulse for 1 game and you are back to the same old act with me? 

Youre not just wrong, youre dead wrong.  Yes, big boy pants and all, you can be wrong.  The Jets are splitting carries, that makes it by a committee.  Its not opinion, thats how they're running their offense.  As with SF, it doesnt have to be an equal number of carries to the digit for it to be by committee, especially after all of 4 games.  

I respond because we are opposites.  Thats what makes fun banter and debate.  You have to jump to things like I need an instructional video but thats fine, I'll swing back.  We would be one hell of a boring board if everyone agreed.  Have to admit you do make it tiring by going into this you have nothing to say to me until now approach.  

A hell of a lot of poster disagree with a hell of a lot that I post and I dont cry that theyre disagreeing with me.  Its a message board, I can get over it

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I got this far.

Thanks for the insight. 

You could used the explanation, for you it could be insightful.  Plus you also missed the eloquent olive branch/explanation that ended the post.  Oh well.

One more time, 3 running backs splitting carries is clearly RB by committee, to argue it isn’t makes you wrong.  Period, its the definition of the term

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You could used the explanation, for you it could be insightful.  Plus you also missed the eloquent olive branch/explanation that ended the post.  Oh well.

On e more, 3 running backs splitting carries is clearly RB by committee, to argue it isn’t makes you wrong.  Period

Yeah, good way to start your explanation.  If I want to read something like that I'll email my bat💩 crazy mother. 

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, good way to start your explanation.  If I want to read something like that I'll email my bat💩 crazy mother. 

You drove your mother crazy too? 😳

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My mother is manic depressive a$$hole. 

Great fun when she is off her meds which is most of the time. 

You bring up your, how did YOU put it, "my bat💩 crazy mother. "

Then call me an a$$hole?  Youre one weird dude.