Jump to content

Who else is going to the game on Sunday? Meet up in London?


Recommended Posts

Posted about getting my tickets the other day and hotel is booked now but wondering what kind of showing we'll have from JN posters in London.  Would be awesome to meet up for a beer somewhere.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope he picks up the bill, after all the pain he and his brother have caused. 

Thanks, I might check one of those out. However, being old, I might also be asleep in my hotel room by 6:15.   We'll see how it goes.

YOU GO PANZER!!! 3 Jet games in 4 weeks on 2 continents!!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Thanks, I might check one of those out.

However, being old, I might also be asleep in my hotel room by 6:15.  

We'll see how it goes.

AM or PM? 😉

When I lived in London, I used to watch some games in the Hippodrome in Piccadilly. Think a couple of that crew will be drinking in that Elbow Room pub on Sunday morning. 

If you do go, post on here, or DM and I'll shout you a pint of lager-ale-bitter-stout-beverage of choice. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

AM or PM? 😉

When I lived in London, I used to watch some games in the Hippodrome in Piccadilly. Think a couple of that crew will be drinking in that Elbow Room pub on Sunday morning. 

If you do go, post on here, or DM and I'll shout you a pint of lager-ale-bitter-stout-beverage of choice. 

Funny, I just mentioned the hippodrome in another thread.  I've never gone there to catch a game because I have game pass but I know some people who recommended it in the past.

I'll let you know.  Getting in to London first thing Saturday morning and staying near Trafalgar Square but not sure what time I plan on heading to WHL.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife just found something on Instagram saying that "The Barrow Boy & Banker" will have Jets related stuff going on from Wed-Sun for Jets fans.

Looks like other teams have also used it as their "official" pub in recent years.  Looks like a very cool place.

THE BARROW BOY AND BANKER, London - Southwark - Updated 2021 Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

My plane gets in just after 9,  so if you guys can decide on a place, I should be able to make it. That Barrow and Banker place seems to quite a distance away from the stadium though.

You coming in on Sat or Sun?  Anywhere in central London isn't going to be a good spot to go on game day.  Too far away.  I'm planning on spending all day Saturday in Central London but will head up to North London early Sunday.  

No need to go up to North London and get stabbed the day before kickoff.

 

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre game I will be feeding my face a large kebab and then imbibing ale with some friends in The Bricklayers on the High Road. An unsalubrious watering hole, but only a 60 second stagger from the stadium.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hungry jackson said:

I wonder if Mims has tickets to the game?

 

 

#freedenzel

Saleh said no tickets until he memorizes the entire seating chart, and even then he's in the nose bleeds.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AFJF said:

You coming in on Sat or Sun?  Anywhere in central London isn't going to be a good spot to go on game day.  Too far away.  I'm planning on spending all day Saturday in Central London but will head up to North London early Sunday.  

No need to go up to North London and get stabbed the day before kickoff.

 

Sunday morning, and getting the train direct from the airport to the ground. So yeah, wasn't planning on going anywhere near central London.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 9:50 PM, AFJF said:

Posted about getting my tickets the other day and hotel is booked now but wondering what kind of showing we'll have from JN posters in London.  Would be awesome to meet up for a beer somewhere.

Wish I could join you but I’m going to be watching in Salisbury, was supposed to be working this weekend in Istanbul so didn’t get tickets I believe there’s an official Jets pub at London Bridge and Nick Mangold is going to be making an appearance….enjoy and well done for representing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

My plane gets in just after 9,  so if you guys can decide on a place, I should be able to make it. That Barrow and Banker place seems to quite a distance away from the stadium though.

London Bridge tube station will get you up to Seven Sisters via Victoria or I think the No 149 bus will get there too….nowhere is that far on the tube though depends how comfortable you are in enclosed spaces post covid…..probably no more than 25 minutes to half an hour and then walk up the road to the stadium form SS

enjoy London

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

What do you all think the attendance will be? Over 50 k?

It's a sell out.

Edit - which is technically 62,850. But I'm sure the seating configuration changes a bit for NFL.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Sunday morning, and getting the train direct from the airport to the ground. So yeah, wasn't planning on going anywhere near central London.

What section you sitting in?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised this thread isn’t on page 1.  (It is now 😉 ) Maybe we can sticky it thru Sunday?

Im both jealous and excited. Sounds like the 1 game win streak has the fans on the other side of the pond fired up!

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, AFJF said:

You coming in on Sat or Sun?  Anywhere in central London isn't going to be a good spot to go on game day.  Too far away.  I'm planning on spending all day Saturday in Central London but will head up to North London early Sunday.  

No need to go up to North London and get stabbed the day before kickoff.

 

North London is bad? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...