George Fant

1 hour ago, Origen said:

Fant is playing well and the line is doing better because this is how the group played through most of preseason, just with Feeney at LG instead of AVT.   Once Becton and AVT got in for game 1 it was basically a brand new line thrown to the wolves, especially with a rookie and 2nd year guy coming off injury.  It's not like they were old pro's that can just hop in and know what's what, somewhat of a hubristic move by the coaches.  So after AVT gets blown up, Fant gets embarrassed on the Right, and Becton looks Meh and gets hurt on the Left... switcheroo to the group that is used to working together throughout camp... suddenly they start getting better- Fant/AVT/CMG/GVR/Moses have started getting the Fatty Dance down.  Now, once Becton is ready I feel he needs to earn his spot and if that starts with him on the right side, cool.  Prove you belong on the Left side.  No way you trade him and moving him inside is not an option.

If Becton can't stay healthy, none of this matters.

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not getting a first unless he comes back and plays at least half the season. I’m also not convinced Joe Douglas would pick a better player with the pick. The devil you know and all. 

lmao. The Jets would easily get a first+ for Becton, of course, JD isn't foolish enough to trade him. Man you're so sour sometimes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not getting a first unless he comes back and plays at least half the season. I’m also not convinced Joe Douglas would pick a better player with the pick. The devil you know and all. 

Becton is one of the most talented OL in the league.  Other GMs are aware of this

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lmao. The Jets would easily get a first for Becton, of course, JD isn't foolish enough to trade him. Man you're so sour sometimes.

Like right now? All hurt and shit after he had his lunch money stole all summer by Carl Larsen? I just think he would have to come and play a bit before  anyone would give up a first. Prove his not baby shot soft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Like right now? All hurt and sh*t after he had his lunch money stole all summer by Carl Larsen? I just think he would have to come and play a bit before  anyone would give up a first. Prove his not baby shot soft. 

injury this season had nothing to do w/being soft. Would have happened to any player in the league.

Yes - GM's across the league would line up to give a 1st for Becton today.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Becton is one of the most talented OL in the league.  Other GMs are aware of this

They do? You sure? I saw a guy get owned all summer in practice, underperform then get hurt and go on IR. Best ability is availability, without that you ain’t got shit, unless baby poop soft type counts. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

They do? You sure? I saw a guy get owned all summer in practice, underperform then get hurt and go on IR. Best ability is availability, without that you ain’t got sh*t, unless baby poop soft type counts. 

Becton has all pro potential.  Any GM that gets him for a 2nd is committing a robbery 

• Haha 1

injury this season had nothing to do w/being soft. Would have happened to any player in the league.

Yes - GM's across the league would line up to give a 1st for Becton today.

Yeah but it happen to him so let’s stay here and not talk about things that could happen to anyone but what actually happen to him. He underperformed all camp, still can’t handle speed  rusher got rolled up on and went on IR. If that makes him worth a first then sign me up! 

Just now, Albaniajet said:

Becton has all pro potential.  Any GM that gets him for a 2nd is committing a robbery 

Let him play 6 games in a row and see what’s actually there before we talk about his potential. He’s on IR and showed like shit since camp. Sure he has potential, but him reaching it? Nothing suggest that so far. But go ahead, do you. Baker looks pretty good no?

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah but it happen to him so let’s stay here and not talk about things that could happen to anyone but what actually happen to him. He underperformed all camp, still can’t handle speed  rusher got rolled up on and went on IR. If that makes him worth a first then sign me up! 

fwiw, I am not saying you're wrong about him being soft. You may be right - the time he missed last year might have been for that reason, I'm not sold on it yet. It's just - what happened this year takes out anyone.

He'd easily get us a 1+ but we're better off w/Becton imo.

fwiw, I am not saying you're wrong about him being soft. You may be right - the time he missed last year might have been for that reason, I'm not sold on it yet. It's just - what happened this year takes out anyone.

He'd easily get us a 1+ but we're better off w/Becton imo.

I just like those young highly drafted lineman that stay in the field and play. Maybe Becton can be that one day, just isn’t now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Let him play 6 games in a row and see what’s actually there before we talk about his potential. He’s on IR and showed like sh*t since camp. Sure he has potential, but him reaching it? Nothing suggest that so far. But go ahead, do you. Baker looks pretty good no?

Becton was the second best Rookie LT last season. He played 14 games as a rookie.  He’s worth a first round pick

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

This has crossed my mind as well. Any insight if he can?

he has never played guard in his life...........so HUGE learning curve and will likely look worse than Van roten. On the other hand his Lt play is suffering because he is being beat by faster smaller players and his foot speed is sloow...maybe a move to guard will compensate for his slow feet. 

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Underrated signing by Douglas. I believe his first and at the time a head scratcher. Not so much now.

I liked it at the time. The guy can play. Becton wasn’t the OT I wanted, but I hope he recovers well. 

Fant and AVT on the left side, Becton and Moses on the right - see if either can be an upgrade at RG.

GVR on the bench. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Tristan Wirfs though. My f*cking god what a miss that was. 

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wirfs is VERY good but a LT he is not. I think it basically came down to that.

Yes, but at the time we had Fant and when we signed it him it was under the premise he’d play LT.

Wirfs was the practical pick. Becton was the “fascinated by his size” pick.

Anyway, Becton just needs to get his sh*t together and stay on the field, and all is well.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, but at the time we had Fant and when we signed it him it was under the premise he’d play LT.

Wirfs was the practical pick. Becton was the “fascinated by his size” pick.

Anyway, Becton just needs to get his sh*t together and stay on the field, and all is well.

all is well if he also stops sucking balls at pass blocking

3 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Becton was the second best Rookie LT last season. He played 14 games as a rookie.  He’s worth a first round pick

How many games did he play from start to finish?

Edited by AFJF
  • Sympathy 1

No GM in their right mind would trade a blue chip OT for another 1st round roll of the dice. Too important of a position. Too much success already and too much potential. Even if his future is at interior line. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Vader said:

No GM in their right mind would trade a blue chip OT for another 1st round roll of the dice. Too important of a position. Too much success already and too much potential. Even if his future is at interior line. 

Dont guards pull? The only thing Becton pulls is meat off a stack of ribs. They not moving him to guard. When he first started everybody was ga ga goo goo with him. Now they want to exile him, trade him or something because he dealt with a few injuries.  Damn, 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Fant is perfect for this system.  if he keeps it up, it would be foolish to put becton back at left tackle.  You dont mess with a line that is playing well.

100% correct. Becton can take over Fant's floating status.

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Depth.

that’s what Fant is.

Becton is this team’s LT.

Why not throw out the idea of playing becton at Center while we’re at it?

I thought that was what Denzel Mims was currently working on learning? :D 

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Let him play 6 games in a row and see what’s actually there before we talk about his potential. He’s on IR and showed like sh*t since camp. Sure he has potential, but him reaching it? Nothing suggest that so far. But go ahead, do you. Baker looks pretty good no?

Crusher needs to BAN himself for this silliness!  Crusher, make Crusher sit in a corner for a day or two and let Crusher talk to Crusher about this stuff. Then, let Crusher let Crusher back in.

12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Crusher needs to BAN himself for this silliness!  Crusher, make Crusher sit in a corner for a day or two and let Crusher talk to Crusher about this stuff. Then, let Crusher let Crusher back in.

I'm not sure silliness is a bannable offense. Let me check with the other mods and Ill take the best course of action in this manner. 

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not sure silliness is a bannable offense. Let me check with the other mods and Ill take the best course of action in this manner. 

I'm in your head now.  You even changed your avatar to I'm silly.

It is pointless Crusher; image.png.367ce191cc63eecbc84d9f712517bde3.png

• Post of the Week 1