George Fant

20 hours ago, fullblast said:

Interior protection has been terrible. Van Roten has been dragged sufficiently on this board, but AVT was pretty awful in pass pro as well the first 3 games. Hopefully the Tennessee game marked him turning a corner because he was lights out.

Also small sample size, and I hate to admit it, but the line seemed to protect better in week 1 as soon as Becton went down and they rolled with Fant/Moses as the tackles.

Um, Becton went down on a scoring pass play. So, it seems like it was just jelling and then he went down.

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lmao. The Jets would easily get a first+ for Becton, of course, JD isn't foolish enough to trade him. Man you're so sour sometimes.

Trading Becton for anything at this point in his career--when he's still a relative NFL baby--would be just plain idiotic. 

The fact that you guys show ZERO loyalty to a guy working his @ss off trying to win, only to get hurt ON A SCORING PLAY really makes me want to puke.

And, of course, if you could get a 1st-round pick wouldn't that suggest that you shouldn't be trading him?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The only reason Big Ticket is hurt is because that waste of DNA Van Rotten got pushed from the right side of the line of scrimmage all the way to the far left side and into his legs.

The POS got blown up and is a danger to his team. 

sorry bub, the JetNation narrative is that he's injured because he's soft. get w/the program.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Dont guards pull? The only thing Becton pulls is meat off a stack of ribs. They not moving him to guard. When he first started everybody was ga ga goo goo with him. Now they want to exile him, trade him or something because he dealt with a few injuries.  Damn, 

That’s like saying OT’s don’t run but OG’s do. Not an accurate description — especially in the wide stretch zone offense… 

5 hours ago, phill1c said:

Trading Becton for anything at this point in his career--when he's still a relative NFL baby--would be just plain idiotic. 

The fact that you guys show ZERO loyalty to a guy working his @ss off trying to win, only to get hurt ON A SCORING PLAY really makes me want to puke.

And, of course, if you could get a 1st-round pick wouldn't that suggest that you shouldn't be trading him?

Becton sucks

• Thumb Down 3

Everyone who draws a paycheck from the Jets is entirely dependent on Zack Wilson playing well and developing. Absolutely no one on the Jets needs Mekhi Becton right now. If Fant and Moses are still kicking ass when Becton gets back, Becton becomes the backup RT while he learns how to play RG. Saleh cannot **** around with Wilson’s development because his giant infant OLT prospect might get his feelings hurt. For whatever reason, Becton didn’t show up ready to play football this season and his getting hurt has been a straight-up blessing for the offense. Now, he’s the odd man out and Saleh should make him earn his way back, same as he’s doing with Mims. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Everyone who draws a paycheck from the Jets is entirely dependent on Zack Wilson playing well and developing. Absolutely no one on the Jets needs Mekhi Becton right now. If Fant and Moses are still kicking ass when Becton gets back, Becton becomes the backup RT while he learns how to play RG. Saleh cannot **** around with Wilson’s development because his giant infant OLT prospect might get his feelings hurt. For whatever reason, Becton didn’t show up ready to play football this season and his getting hurt has been a straight-up blessing for the offense. Now, he’s the odd man out and Saleh should make him earn his way back, same as he’s doing with Mims. 

Have you been sipping on the juice to much lately? Becton was in awesome shape, changed his diet and was ready to roll. Slow start? Maybe but he had a rookie next to him that missed all preseason. And he unfortunately was injured early and may be out the entire year. Don’t understand all the hate towards Big Ticket ? 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The only reason Big Ticket is hurt is because that waste of DNA Van Rotten got pushed from the right side of the line of scrimmage all the way to the far left side and into his legs.

The POS got blown up and is a danger to his team. 

the RG position on the Jets needs an exorcist.

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sorry bub, the JetNation narrative is that he's injured because he's soft. get w/the program.

Yeah, it's "fans" like [Anti-]JetNation that root only for specific, usually unworthy players, hate the truly good players and generally are labeled fans because "hateful, racist sports addicts" is too negative for their delicate psyches.

Becton is a NFL baby. I BIG baby, but one who will likely grow into his body and become a terrific asset. Of course, Anti-JetNation can't wait for him like they would, say, Sam Darnold, or the RG de jour, all of whom truly stink but have the right background.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, phill1c said:

Becton isn’t getting along with this coaching staff.  The tell is him getting a second opinion that only delayed his timeline getting back

Trade him now while you can get a 1st for him.  Wait another year while he loafs on IR and acts like a problem child and his value will go down

• Thumb Down 2

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

Mekhi Becton was incredible for much of last year. 

Y’all need to RELAX 

But he didn’t do well in practice and had a player fall on his leg during a play

He was the second best rookie OT after Wills last season.  Wirfs plays an easier position and his qb throws the ball in .3 seconds

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Becton isn’t getting along with this coaching staff.  The tell is him getting a second opinion that only delayed his timeline getting back

Trade him now while you can get a 1st for him.  Wait another year while he loafs on IR and acts like a problem child and his value will go down

I don't know that getting a second opinion is automatically a "tell" but sure. Lets see how it plays out. 

I'm going to let this topic go.

It saddens me when I want to feel joy at a win and the positive trajectory the team seems to be on.

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

the RG position on the Jets needs an exorcist.

The failure of Cameron Clark to develop coupled with Alex Lewis' sudden retirement has been the greatest setback for the Jets Offense this season. Plan A and Plan B went up in smoke and Plan C was not a very good option -- but whose Plan C is ever a good option?   

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, phill1c said:

Um, Becton went down on a scoring pass play. So, it seems like it was just jelling and then he went down.

On that play, Wilson got flushed out of the pocket due to interior pressure, so I'm not sure that checks out.

Actually, the guy GVR was blocking bowled him over and rolled into Becton, which is how he got injured in the first place.

Just now, fullblast said:

On that play, Wilson got flushed out of the pocket due to interior pressure, so I'm not sure that checks out.

when is a LT responsible for "interior" pressure???

He was blocking his man when someone else rolled up on his leg.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, The Crusher said:

They do? You sure? I saw a guy get owned all summer in practice, underperform then get hurt and go on IR. Best ability is availability, without that you ain’t got sh*t, unless baby poop soft type counts. 

Summer practices arent games.  He was dominant at times

He was hurt last year with a knee and this year with a dislocated knee.  How are either of these indicators of the ever popular soft as baby poop comments?

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

when is a LT responsible for "interior" pressure???

He was blocking his man when someone else rolled up on his leg.

You suggested that them scoring a TD on the play where he got hurt was an indication that the line as a whole was gelling. I'm pointing out to you that the protection on that play completely failed, which does not support your argument.

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

You suggested that them scoring a TD on the play where he got hurt was an indication that the line as a whole was gelling. I'm pointing out to you that the protection on that play completely failed, which does not support your argument.

"completely failed"??!

look up 'failed" and "completely". Neither of those is true in this instance. In a complete failure, points are not scored...for the offense.

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Pussy cant play with a dislocated knee cap?  Soft as baby poo, didnt you see his face when he was being carted off the field?  

Its sort of amazing that some bitch the loudest about our best players

• Upvote 2